Dante's Alliance Wars Primer (with Video from Beta)

I started the game because there was no war or battle between alliance. I hate the pvp, like many more people. And since the loot off raids is even more crapp ■■■ it used to be I m no longer intersted in the game

On the Beta boards there are some ideas being kicked around for a way for an alliance to simply opt out. Personally, I think that’s a good idea. Some alliances just are not interested in PVP.

6 Likes

To much waste of time

aaah don’t you mean ascension materials will be next to impossible.

In general, I love PvP, and have played a variety of pvp-games since the 90’s (both FPS and strategy). What I find intriguing about alliance wars is that it actually brings some sense of PvP to this game. Raiding in it self isn’t PvP, because we’re not battling each other. It’s one player against some persons defense team handled by ai. AW seems to bring some structure to it, or a pvp framework within which one alliance can outperform another. I for one look forward to it! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, in addition to PvP aspects, there’s a whole strategy inside the alliance about who is going to hit whom and when (i.e. go first or let someone soften up a defense), etc.

1 Like

I can definitely see how the strategy part could be interesting and fun. So far I haven’t been very good at the strategy part, but I bet I’d be good at the softenening up part. :joy:

3 Likes

I paid specific attention and you are cirreect and I was wrong.
I’ll be over here enjoying a nice plate of crow

1 Like

I think we’ve all eaten that particular dish at one point or another. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Good write up! Thanks for taking the time!

1 Like

So theoretically, it would be best to try to grind them all down evenly then go for the kill. Methinks it would not work that way though.

Naa, nuke a hole. Then ghost up your healer through that hole to mitigate the revenge bar.

If you keep everybody alive, they keep doing damage from slash and specials.

Basically its just like raiding if you only have 1-2 good team setups.

The tricky part is when you try to stretch yourself thin, but still thick enough, to manage 4-6 teams.

Is weakening all 5 heroes to wipe them all together on a second attack (points wise) optimal over doing it normally (with two attacks again)?

That still costs 2 flags for the same point value in either case if I understand your question.

4 Likes

I didn’t read the whole post quite, but I think a great opportunity here to add alliance achievements like in some other games, rather than just a simple score. OFC these would need to have some benefits for members ( avatars, ham bonus on so many war wins blah blah)

1 Like

So there’s one thing I’m a little confused on with the wars. It says each hero is only able to attack once during a war event, which if I’m reading the responses means that everyone needs 30 different leveled heroes to utilize all 6 war flags.

Why do we ‘only’ have 5 team slots? That would be 25 heroes assigned to a team. Surely going from 3 to 6 wouldn’t have been much harder than going from 3 to 5…

Why do heroes on defense respawn? They get to continually defend their alliance but my people are one and done?

Here’s my biggest question of it all… If the team slots we have are meant to be 1 raid defense, 1 reusable for province/titans, 3 for alliance wars… Considering the fact we only get 3 flags at a time… Doesn’t it seem more like the system is set up for us to use or heroes once per war flag SPAWN? ie one use at beginning of a war, then once the flags return halfway through we should be able to use them again.

That’s just the way it looks structured to me honestly. Are they simply having a hard time coding the hero refresh into the flags respawn or do they really want a 30 different hero use per war?

1 Like

In the video it seemed like that the attack team was seperate from our normal teams like for example event team is. And the attack team has to be build again for each attack. So your point about the slots is not valid. Also I think they mainly gave us more slots because we asked them to.
So all in all I’d say they really want us to use 30 heroes

2 Likes

Man, can you please go ■■■■■ in other threads? Or better other forums. Pretty please :slight_smile:

2 Likes

When you go into the War after prep time, once the War actually starts, each time you go to attack someone you set a different attack team. It’s separate from the 5 teams you set, similar to how you set a team for each category of the monthly challenge events (beginner, intermediate, etc). Just this time you have to choose 5 different heroes each time.

The different heroes is an intentional choice, to give people who have collected a set of 5-10 heroes but not 30 or more something to continue to build towards.

Defending teams respwaning has to do with eliminating timezones as much as possible from deciding who wins.

EDIT - yes, this is thread about the mechanics and explanations of Alliance Wars. Please take your loot questions/rants/complaints elsewhere, there are plenty of threads about that. Or start another one if you feel you need more visibility.

6 Likes