Dante's Alliance Wars Primer (with Video from Beta)

I am convinced that revenge is based on defense not offensw, but I will pay extra attention this weekend

You need a throat lozenger or some mucinex. I had to mute the sound…the constant throat clearing was UBER distracting.

1 Like

Revenge bar fill speed (from my experience at least) is based on the number of heroes standing on the defense team you are attacking. If all 5 are alive it fills after 5 turns, 4 - 4 turns, 3 - 3 turns, 2 - 2 turns, 1 - 1 turn. Every time it fires it for sure does 25% of the max health of the player on the attack team. If your hero has 1000 health it does 250 damage off. So, if you have 200 health and it fires, that hero dies.

Another pointer - if you go attack a team with two heroes left, every 2 turns it will fill up, so in this case it may make sense to bring a healer or three based on how fast it is filling.

4 Likes

I have both asthma and a post-nasal drip and had been on two airplanes all day and was dehydrated. Yes it’s annoying. Imagine it was you.

4 Likes

Forgive me if I have missed this somewhere…

Do we know how the match-ups work? Is it just a random roll, like raids? And are all alliances fair game, or can an alliance chose not to participate?

The reason I ask is because I generally do not raid unless it is to clear an outpost, but since I am finished with the map, I am not even doing that. But, I DO get raided frequently, and that is okay as my defense team seems to do okay mostly.

But, I am in an alliance with some “mini” games I created on 3 old devices. Two of those are barely playable, lol, but do contribute a few points towards titans. Am I going to be a target for war, lol?

1 Like

They haven’t chimed in specifically on how the match-making is going to work.

If it were me, I’d do it by summing up either total team power or total hero levels for each player in the alliance for their top 30 heroes and use that overall number for an alliance to match against. Along with a factor somehow to discount players inactive for greater than X days.

3 Likes

How is a winning alliance rewarded? I’m in a 66k power alliance with about half of the members being 2*/3* developing players. I suspect that around half my fellow alliance mates don’t/won’t participate on the forum, so I’m looking for any bait that will spur their interest in taking part in AW.

1 Like

its similar to titan rewards. SO ascension materials are possible.

Thank you for taking on this task! I don’t see anyone else doing it. Appreciate your efforts. :wink:

3 Likes

Ooh, always happy to hear the magic words ‘ascenscion materials’. That should catch the attention of a few members.

Any idea if there will be a cool down period between 48 hour prep/attack AW sessions same as with chests?

1 Like

Not sure if this is what you mean, but in the official thread it says we will all have one weekend war and one mid week, presumably wednesday-thursday and saturday-sunday

1 Like

In beta, the Wars started on Wednesday and Saturday, so the prep days were Tue and Friday. not sure if that will remain the same or not. Also, the start times were different. In US times one started in the early morning and one around noon Central time.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I was curious about. Thanks!

thank you, help a lot in enlighten some details for us. btw, aeron? is he new hotm for april? or ?

Yes he should be April’s hotm

1 Like

oh? he looks ok n his skill is like one of the pirate right?

Able to record it bud?

Even when I bring in a bunch of 60’s to clean up leftovers it takes more than 2 revenges.

Certain it isn’t additional defense damage which against a 5x80 full squad is going to be non-trivial?

Thank you very much, @Dante2377!

I m wondering iff the developpers even know that a lott of people hate the pvp battles

1 Like

Raid is not mandatory. It’s not my favorite thing too but I like having different things to accomplish so the game does not get boring. But you can totally live without it, so I don’t imagine what the devs should do (or why they would in first place) about those you mention.

2 Likes