Continuing worsening boards

Prepare to get bullied in this arena:

After you get merged

But happy venting!
Maybe…

PS: I agree with you. The boards shuffle more often with rainbow attack squads. I don’t believe this is a coincidence.

But there is still a tide in the algorithm…

So my advice is to stop using mono to limit the effect of bad luck, or… what have you

2 Likes

Hey, thanks @Pompitous. I agree, but I used to go rainbow all the time and it would still go down pretty similarly. Get mana up just enough to almost get a special, the opponent kills that color, then a sea of that color tiles. I don’t go mono, I go 3-2, but even still it will load up the other 3 colors I’m not using. Just ran purple/red and there were 9 of those color tiles combined (spread all over the board) but enough yellow to make 3 jewels/diamonds. This type of thing is almost constant.

I appreciate you reaching out, and honestly I like some of the changes they have recently made to make the game more user-friendly (I.e., more emblems, less resources to emblem heroes). Still, this is a huge flaw in the gameplay design and I know that a lot of people I have spoken with experience this issue. Hopefully it doesn’t fall on deaf ears, but it wouldn’t surprise me.

Yes, I am experiencing the same. I’ve seen it in other games too…I play all types. I’ve stopped playing many games because of this and the need to spend more money regardless of improved player abilities. I’m actually okay with game companies trying to make more money. Their investors need see nice profits as that is what pays the bills. I just don’t like it when it gets too blatant. So I feel your pain. I’m not this rational when I am actually playing!

2 Likes

I feel you. Happens in Raids a lot! However, what’s worse is in Raid Tourneys. System, “Oh, you did well? Well guess what, today the opponents not only get harder (this is by design) but your boards get infinitely crappier too!”.

I’ve noticed this over and over and it doesn’t matter which combo I bring, anything between 2-1-1-1 all the way to mono.

Tourney’s aren’t fun until they rebalance the RNG, I just go until I’m out and get whatever crap they give me since something free is better than nothing.

2 Likes

I’m with you. The boards have been trash. The past 3 or 4 wars are trash too.

1 Like

I think that’s 100% accurate. Confirmation bias, abysmal stewardship of the game in here (censorship, moderators not listening to masses of players telling you we see there’s a problem and arguing with them instead), and a bunch of shills trying to troll people. From what I have read here, those of us who don’t know the “secret handshake” have seen this as a trend just as I have. It used to be reasonable. Now it’s not. No one expects to win every raid, but no one should have to get off color jewels/diamonds multiple times almost every raid. That’s what a lot of us are experiencing and SG will deny it to the end because it’s better for them, even if it’s worse for us.

1 Like

You would have to gather an insane amount of data to get anyone to believe this statement.

This I agree with, see below.

You are aware that mono only has a 60% chance of starting with a decent or better board? Decent being 2x sets of matching tiles or better, I believe is what Gryphon posted years back.

What I have paid more attention to lately is the number and frequency of low probability events occurring. Big combos are too complicated to compute, so I look specifically for when 3+ tiles are sent, and followed up (from “off the board”) by an equal number of matching tiles of any one color. This is a 4% event for 3 tiles, or 1 in 25. (0.2^3 * 5) Clearly this is going to happen fairly often.

Whether or not those tiles are favorable changes that number, and it depends on what type of team you run. But it’s really best to critique this from a neutral standpoint. It’s the low probability that should be scrutinized, not that fact that it wasn’t “my color(s)”.

This morning’s raid chest took me 6 flags + 4 tournament attacks. During that time I had two 3+3 (the above event happening twice in a row) that were all unfavorable tiles. This most always resulting in a charged opponent’s Telluria (yay!!) or flank.

Probability of the 3+3 (any two distinct matching sets) is 1 in 625.
If you want to factor in that it was unfavorable tiles (I run 3/2), that’s 1 in 1736.
The second one was 3+3 all purple, that’s a 1 in 15625.
Within 10 games.

I’m keeping track of these on a daily basis, and there is always at least one or two per day. The numbers when it’s 4 or 5 tiles are even crazier.

Obviously I am making nowhere near that number of moves in just 10 games, or even an entire day. This happens way too often to even be pseudo-RNG. Yes these events will occasionally occur, but not to everyone everyday.

I’m not saying it’s deliberate or that it has recently changed. Just decided to pay more attention and keep track recently. And overall it’s pretty bad.

Yeah… I agree.

The How:

I started counting reshuffles with mono last year. It was easier with the raid environment at the time.
And then was trying to recruit someone to raid rainbow and count reshuffles for me because… well…
I didn’t want to :rofl:

I imagined raiding with rainbow vs. gtv would be like swallowing my own vomit. There’s not enough Tums on the planet for me to put in the effort…
And wouldn’t you know… I couldn’t get anybody to do it… lol…

And then before I hit 600 samples I was really getting tired of playing mono… I’ve never enjoyed mono… it bores me to tears. Also it increases the risk. Also also, the best data for this argument is 3-2 data… that’s always bothered me too.

Anyway I quit mono at 632. And told myself to suck it up, and put together a rainbow attack squad. To my surprise…
I’ve enjoyed it!
I’ve posted a few shots of it around the forum. I think in the Fenrir thread. Showing off my Magni.

The Why:

My hypothesis is, that there is some form of weighted average which is meant to act as a pity safeguard. To help protect players from the possibility of extended / harmful RnG.

I don’t view millions of players as necessary for these events.
Although… that certainly won’t reduce frequency!
The extended timeframe that we play (years). We can all be exposed to a vengeful, unhappy RnGeesus. And such exposure would result in population loss…
“screw this game, I haven’t won in weeks. Bye” Which would affect income…
And why leave $ to chance when there is a solution? Let the seed include raid history!

This business strategy could work both ways.
As sort of a guarantee…when the ebb becomes flo
Utilizing social media as free advertising for firework displays and lucky pulls. Which works… when your alliance mate shows a single pull resulting in a new 5* + Hotm. Guess who’s next to drop gems…

And that this weighted average then causes waves of good and bad luck. Which if documented over time… appear on the graph as a healthy RnG. The ebb and flow go both ways…

So for me, how do you prove that? How do you disprove it?..

I figured well… if your due for a beat down with mono. The lack of one color means an abundance of another color or colors. And that means…

connect options!

So next… what’s a bad board with rainbow? Easy…
There’s only one 3-connect option.
Four 3-connects later. Your getting thwacked. Those are the same boards that tend to reshuffle!
So…
If there is an imbalance between the two?..

The Result:

I counted to 650 and sucked up some more mono which surprisingly pulled another one!

Rainbow reshuffled 19 / 650
Mono reshuffled 12 / 650

And… your right… this could still just be random…
It’s not enough samples.

And I’m having enough fun with rainbow. And can still see the ebb and flow go both ways. Also and…
Now it’s mono gameplay that gives me heartburn!

That I just don’t care about this topic anymore.
In fact…

I believe that this tl;dr will be my last here. The original topic that brought me here! Where I was immediately chastised by @Rigs :kissing_heart:

I just hate seeing some of the believers be frustrated or ganged up on by non-believers. A change in color stacking can relieve a good portion of pain that mono players experience. And choosing to play without pants on

Or… some other more intentional and mathematical approach

Can be fun too!
Anywho…
Good luck with your project @TheSchmoo

Chief Shill here. You called?

Sorry on late reply, been on a zoom call with the SGG Board of Directors hand picking next weeks victims for bad boards.

Maybe you’ve been lucky and missed it this time!

You do realise that you are agreeing to the opposing viewpoint, right?

That is plainly just ridiculous. The mods do an amazing job of dealing with the cubic tons’ of manure that is dished out daily by forum users. Whenever they post they do so referencing their large pools of experience and perspective and their commentary is always reasonable and logical. And they never enforce it on anyone - I have never seen a moderator make a post that amounts to “arguing”. Censorship is triggered by community flagging of posts, so the moderators basically follow through with what the forum is asking of them.

Your post sounds a bit shillish, to me.

I would love to see videos of 10 consecutive raids from you showing this…

Unfortunately I have to say that your assumption is wrong.
Reshuffling the boards is done for two reasons:

1. There is no way to formed at least a 3-connect of any color.

2. The board starts by itself, as 1 or more 3-connects have already been formed on the start board.

(3. I never saw that a color was represented under 2 tiles.)

The whole thing for all colors.

I can’t see the connection between good and bad boards.

Incidentally, these cases occur in a functioning RNG.
With manipulated boards it would be easy to prevent it.

Of course, one can argue about the quality of the RNG generator.

Your operating system’s RNG will definitely be used to create the maps.
Anything else would be too slow.

Summons are performed on the server side.
So sometimes you have to wait for the result.

I assume that both are not deterministic.

But I have to see that as sufficient.
It is impossible for your mobile phone to get deterministic RNGs without using a third party provider.
On the server, the effort would be considerable to generate it yourself.
Manufacturing requires a huge physical measuring facility.
In addition, the response times would be far too long.

See also:

Ergo the existing RNG must be sufficient, everything else would destroy the game.

That’s fine. You probably won’t.

Especially without proper definition in the first place.
Which is yet another matter of debate:

I contend that a bad MONO board has Many connect options. Which is usually supplemented from one color missing (the color you chose to attack with). And that causes an abundance of 1 or more other colors. Hence the many options of off-colored tiles you get to charge your enemies up for 1 point of damage each.

You can disagree and say that is a great board.
It won’t change my mind.

I further contend, that a bad RAINBOW board has only one connect option.
You can only connect 3 tiles out of 35… The other 92% of the board has no options.
After you send up your only 3 tiles, if the following tiles can’t make a match the board will reshuffle.

You can disagree and say that’s a great board.
It won’t change my mind.

So… I believe that if you already can not match 92% of the board. Well then… the probability is much higher that your about to experience a reshuffle.

And… if the algorithm is perfectly random. Then there is no weighted values for actual bad boards. Therefore… reshuffling should happen in equal amounts whether you use rainbow. Mono.
Or attack with 1 Aife. It’s all random. The algorithm doesn’t care what color you took. So there should NOT be a sizable difference.

However… if it is true.
And @Cheds is pushing the…
“Go Flick Your Own Face” button…
And he’s pushing it a lot. He does it in waves!
Well then… a discrepancy will develop.

You can disagree with that also.
I won’t argue. The @Cheds button was never a thing for me anyway!

The hard part is. And it was for me too.
Defining what a bad board is for rainbow…
People have plenty of mono data. And 3-2 data.

I wanted something a little more, outside the box
Something I could track. I’m just tired of doing it.
Data harvesting is fun for uh… someone? The game has given me plenty of extra work to do lately anyway

I disagree with your whole tangent, which I think is probably confusing both sides of the fence. But theres a vague notion that you are complaining about boards, so that side of the board manipulation fence will probably hesitantly rally behind it.

But you really don’t need to look at reshuffling as any kind of indication of manipulation of the boards. All you need to do is count the number of tiles in your majority color (mono, 4-1, 3-2, 2 -whatever), which has been done numerous times over numerous timeframes by numerous people, and see if you get close to the expected average. Which it has, every time.

What is the point in researching bad boards for rainbow? Who is complaining about comtinuing worsening boards for rainbow?

Not just rainbow.
Yeah that would be pointless. I need both, rainbow and mono. And I need a large sample, of each…

And if there is no discrepancy.

Then there’s no @Cheds button either

I don’t even want to argue.
I like discussions at eye level.
And I have to think about it again.

The hassle of simulating it in another software to check the condition is honestly too much for me at the moment to get independent data.

But maybe I’ll have an idea one day.

It’s really not hard to do. Count reshuffles.

The hard part is playing a tactic you don’t enjoy.

Simulating a generic RNG doesn’t reveal how this one was written.

If the sample is big enough, a couple years worth?..
:face_vomiting:

There shouldn’t be a large discrepancy. Anyway… I got 650 samples each. Took over a year. I have my results. I listed them. I don’t think someone read thoroughly. Not you @Barrista. I dig your appetite.
But I’m full.
You guys do your thing. Imma go do mine
with no pants on

First thoughts on generating comparative data from an independent source.

Creating a 5x7 array and filling it with RNG numbers from 1 to 5 is no problem.

Checking for 3 existing connections should also be easy.
(Here you can save existing 2-Connects.)
In this case there is no further check.

Then you can check a possible 3 connection at all 4 corners for 2 connections each.
Note these down for each color individually for further statistical evaluations.

Make sure there is at least every color and safe value.

Generate an output screen with the array for control.

Create a table of results for automatic runs.

After 100-200 manually initiated test runs, any number can be run automatically.

In addition, one could achieve results for the distribution of the individual colors.

Usually it is programmed quickly and dirty in 3-4 hours.

Unfortunately, I’m sick at the moment and don’t have the software at home to implement it quickly.

In addition, many would probably describe me as biased and see the data as manipulated as well.

Edit:
If you then automatically evaluate 100 or 1000 strips per 650, you can create a distribution curve.
This will result in a Gaussian curve.

Then you can assess the quality of the data collection and the data quality with the 650 interval.

Keyword 6sigma.

First thoughts are: “no problem”

Uh… I have a different first thought.

"How does any independent source
reflect this RnG?"

Are you using the same seed?

It makes me laugh to point at the discobot and say look see. There is proof you are crazy.
Proof?.. proved what exactly?

@discobot roll 35d5

I only have 20 dice. Shameful, I know!

:game_die: 4, 2, 5, 3, 1, 1, 5, 2, 2, 2, 1, 4, 3, 3, 1, 5, 1, 1, 4, 5