Color blind mode

Love it! Thank you!!!

Thank you very much for the color blind mode. It was impossible for me to tell the difference between gold and green dragons and diamonds on the board. Now I can do it with ease. Thank you very much developers

1 Like

The new colourblind mode in the new version added little symbols next to the dragon and diamond tiles, but adds a weird high contrast as well. This is a change in the right direction, but the high contrast tiles flash, I think during enemy attacks or skills usage, this oddly makes me feel nauseous so I have had to turn off the colourblind mode. I really like the symbols as I have difficulty differentiating the dragon/diamond tiles, the others have their own unique designs. So an option that adds the symbols only would be highly appreciated rather than flashing at me. Or remove the flashing completely would be good too.

2 Likes

From what I have seen of the v22 color blind mode, I would like a separate slider for the speed of the flashing, with an on/ off toggle near it.

Everyone is unique, so the more options for customizing the color blind mode, the happier each individual customer.

2 Likes

Definitely, if the flashing is beneficial to people then keep it. But as it is, it is unusable for me.

2 Likes

Sorry, I couldn’t see an option to edit my post, but the “flash” is the darkening of the board while the enemy takes their turn, it happens normally too. But has a much greater effect when colourblind mode is enabled which has the higher contrast, and becomes a flash.

First of all: THANK YOU devs for putting in this effort for us (the colourblind minority). I really appreciate this!

My question: What happened to the first version of colourblind mode. ?
For me, that was enough. After nearly two years of completely random clicking on the yellow and green dragon/diamond-tiles, i finally got a little slider that changed it all for me. Great feature.

This little tweak was enough for me to differentiate.
The rest is total cirque colour bonanza galore… yeehaa. First match after the update, I laughed out loud… and quit the colourblind-mode altogether. Unplayable.

Please maybe make a ‘checkbox’ for each separate part of this mode. Because, again, this feature is GOLD for gameplay for me

1 Like

The colorblind support in the new version is awesome! Higher contrast and symbols along with colors for bombs and crystals, heroes…

Excellent work devs!

1 Like

Although it came a bit too late, thanks for this version of colorblind mode. To be honest the first version was not useful (at least for me). Only improvement that can be made is to add the element symbols in hero roster as well.

1 Like

I would also like to see the element symbol in the hero roster in color blind mode please!

1 Like

Symbols

Rumor from the latest Beta is a check box “Extra Symbols” that turns symbols on and off.

With symbols on, it also increases the contrast between light/ dark portions of the shields.

2 Likes

i think it is still not fixed and people can not enjoy it or easily use it

I respectfully disagree. Just check the “extra symbols” box in the Color Blind Mode settings, and the actual colors don’t even matter.

1 Like

As a colour blind player I permanently use the colour blind mode, it took a few goes/games to get the settings to my liking but one of the most helpful aspects which made playing easier is the symbols box, it displays each element on each hero and tile thus the colours become a little less important to players like myself.

Check the symbols box below the colour selector and don’t forget to save as you exit.

As a web dev myself, Personally I feel SG has met this colour blind issue not only extremely speedingly fast but with flying colours and it would be almost impossible to better.

Well done and congrats should be award to SG for this as many other games don’t provide such effective for colour blind players.

1 Like