Color blind mode

You’re welcome! I know this has been a long-term want of yours, and I’m sure it’s hugely frustrating to play the game with some form of color blindness. I can’t imagine doing timed things like events…

That’s the way it looks to work to me too.

And your concerns about both identifying heroes in roster and heroes and monsters on the field makes a lot of sense to me.

I’ve tried to extract your suggestions into a couple of bullet points. Does this capture what you think would fix your remaining issues with colors?

1. Color change should affect diamonds, dragons, and the rings under heroes and monsters as well.

2. Heroes in roster or shown as icons beneath the board should have some distinguishment too–like a shield of the appropriate element atvthe top of the card/icon.

1 Like

100% excellently put.

Thank you

1 Like

You’re welcome! I’ll make sure the feedback gets to the right ears (which is the best I can do).

3 Likes

I know and that alone is very much appreciated not just for myself but for many others with the same issues as well.

Cheers

4 Likes

A Great very much needed feature and extremely appreciated. THANK YOU

Does this affect the dragons and diamonds?

1 Like

I don’t know how to ever thank the dev team for putting this feature into the game. I had no idea it was even being worked on! But wow, what a huge difference it makes, as I’ve moved the purple and green colors to halfway.

Now I can clearly discern between yellow/green and purple/blue dragon tiles/diamonds!

I do like the suggestion to also make the color change to the rings underneath enemies!

5 Likes

I would first like to say thank you for attempting to help those of us that are color blind and have a hard time seeing the differences between tiles and heros. Not many games are willing to attempt this.

I am very color blind and can not see any difference between the yellow and green or the blue and purple. I play the game by just looking at the symbol inside the tiles. After trying this feature for a while I have shut it off and went back to the original settings. The problem is the only thing you can do is darken the tiles, which yes makes it easier for me to tell the difference between between the blue and purple or yellow and green but if I darken the green and the purple I now have a hard time telling those two apart.

What would be a much better option would be the ability to actually change the color of the tiles slightly not just the shade. From my experience with color blindness and talking to others, we are able to see what we consider certain colors by changing the actual color slightly. If you just change the shade of a color all it does is make it darker and harder to see. If you want to stick with just changing the shade of the tiles make it so we can make them brighter not just darker.

Thank you
Chaumer

1 Like

I have managed to create 2 scenarios with diamonds where the first is the green setting at full dark and the yellow setting at full lightest

I can not see any difference.

The next is the opposite with at darkest and lightest settings

I also don’t see a difference in the dragons.

This is actually a great idea although not for the tiles so much as as stated before they have their element badge designed printed but for the rest as @Garanwyn proposed it would work.
If there was an option to actually choose from different colour options.
Having said that I for one know that is an extremely big ask on such a varity of different aspects of the game and would not only require a lot of coding but really expand each players settings options which takes up a lot of space.

SG does have an all round easier option and that changing one of each of the 2 colours across the board and use something like a beige, brown, just to name a couple. Again also a big ask I know.

Or as @Chaumer stated making the setting options to go brighter not just darker.

Just to give the devs a bit of a heads up with us colour blind people. I am well over 50 yrs old and all my life dealing with a vast wide varity colours fir customers in my trade.

If they weren’t labelled then you can be sure there would be mistakes made which is those aware I can safely say they never use unlabeled colours.
Traffic lights is another one as the red, orange is universally world wide with red at the top and orange in the middle and we know this but should they ever change that then we would literally stuffed and literally not be able to tell the difference causing a whole heap of driving issues.

As it was stated that is is a beta, the images posted was to show the current differences whilst using the newly provided settings and hope that helps the devs out.

Cheers

1 Like

Can you post a screenshot of the color blind settings you did?

2 Likes

Symbols

What if users could also pick between a set of symbols? Then the diamonds and dragons could have the symbol in the center.

Example
You could adjust the brightness of yellow and select arrow for the yellow symbol

A rough mock-up

Rings under enemies could be made up of a colored ring and the symbol.

2 Likes

I actually haven’t been back to change my last post but since then in trying to workout why there was no change I noticed the box that needed to be checked at the top which I didn’t see before. The image below is from one extreme shade to the other as I have lessen the darker ones a bit but working.

Now there is a difference and for this is very acceptable and very much appreciated.

9 Likes

Haha I made the same mistake the first time I raided after Adjusting the colors,l. I forgot to checkmark the box.

Lol

2 Likes

Exact same thing for me:
darker green + money in the jar

2 Likes

Love the color blind mode, please keep it. Very useful

4 Likes

Yea easy to do, I would have placed the check box just above the SAVE button or along side of it so it couldn’t be missed.

1 Like

I have a teammate who’s colorblind. Says the new colorblind mode is okay but he needs to have a way to differentiate the enemies on the board. The shapes on the tiles is generally good enough but the mode helps him. Halfway there!

I really appreciate the attempt to help us colorblind folks but they missed the mark a bit. The real issue is the circles underneath the enemy heroes during battle. The problem is when things are the exact same shape but are different colors, like the dragon heads or crystals on the board when you match 4 or 5 tiles. The normal tiles themselves were never a real issue because they are different shapes and have different symbols on them. I hope they keep working on it, huge props for even making the effort thus far.

Yes they did and this has been addressed with @Garanwyn who has pointed these features out to them.
You can read more on that by ready above posts.

But at least the current issue solves the attacking side of things with the diamonds and dragons which is a great start.

You have to keep in mind that unless the devs actually have a coloured blind programmer working for them it would very hard for them to solve an issue they can’t see in front of them, so thus only relying on our feedback to solve it.
Cheers

2 Likes

I have a friend that gave this feedback for the color blind mode

@Jim (vortexmaster25) Jim, your in the Beta testing right? If you are tell them the color blind option stinks. All it does is darken the tiles, if they want to make it better they should make it so the symbol in the tile can be brightened more. I use the symbols since I’m 100% color blind!

That wouldn’t help with the dragons and diamonds though, would it? Since they don’t have symbols that would be brightened in that sort of system?

I’m mildly colorblind. I can play the game well enough without any modifications, except during the Halloween event (the yellow and green pumpkins look the same to me) and I think one of the other seasonal events (I forget which). What solved that problem for me was playing with the accessibility settings on my iPhone. Maybe suggest that to your friend while SG keeps working on their in-game fix?

For anyone else who wants to try this method, it’s in the Settings app, via the following set of options:
General > Accessibility > Display Accomodations > Color Filters. I use the Deuteranopia option, but obviously each different color blind person is going to need to use which ever of the options is right for them.

4 Likes