Challenge events too challenging? (Pirates of Corellia)

Level 7 Epic Bosses

Level 8 Bosses

2 Likes

here is what I smoked # 15 with used 7 mana,3 bombs and 3 dragons and no revives

4 Likes

Here is my experience so far…

Rare

Epic

Legendary maybe tomorrow…

2 Likes

EPIC level 11

1 Like

I am on epic 15 and gonna attempt a 3 holy and 1 blue and 1 fire because I would do a 3-2 if I had Gormek. Kinda peeved that I couldn’t continue on my first attempt as I had a chest appear. Would Chao, Hu Tao, Li Xiu, Grimm and Colen be a workable team?

1 Like

this was the team I beat Epic with. No continues necessary . I’m still going through Legendary, half way through so don’t know how tough it is yet.

1 Like

@Orichalcum-Aife I really wish I had Wilbur. And 4 star healers elude me. Let us know how level 15 legendary goes.

2 Likes

Dude, I can’t even complete Rare with my lineup, fourth in Epic and the first in Legendary. Take my advice and don’t give yourself a headache.

Good luck.

1 Like

Personally, I’m not too sure why this event seems to be giving everyone so much trouble. I’m on stage 13/15 and have yet to see/feel the effects of the new heroes as troubling.

My team consists of Wilbur, Zim, Drake, Delilah, Joon (in that order).

The best way to deal with the pirates is to blind them and make sure they can’t hit you.

If you can’t do that, have a cleanser like Zim, Ariel or Lady Locke to cleanse or take mana potions (this is probably the best option for anyone who isn’t trying to compete, because if you’re competing, you’ll probably have bombs, arrows and the such to carpet bomb the bosses).

Use def down heroes to counter Marie and dispellars to get rid of her zombie resurrection ability.

Finley isn’t as big a problem as I was thinking he would be. Not gonna lie, kinda disappointed in that realization.

Other than that, I feel like this challenge event is actually easier than the last one. The one I believe we’re all gonna need to worry about is the Grimforest event. Puss in Boots with Red Hood together is gonna be minions galore. When Grimble comes out, y’all better open those wallets because Grimble is gonna be a god send for Grimforest!

3 Likes

I beat Legendary with:
Marjana-BT-Khagan-Wilbur-MN
They all survive and I use only 2 dragons.

My Epic team is
BT-BT-Scarlett-Scarlett-Wilbur
And it also work very good.

2 Likes

@King_Kyree77 This event has been easier than Avalon for me because I can use my emblemed Ulmer in rare, and my emblemed Grimm in epic. Majority of my defense down heroes are ice. The balancing point for me between this one and Avalon is the no usage of Proteus. That has been the real challenge for me.

4 Likes

For me it’s been my weak yellows.

3 Likes

Legendary final level was tough. It took 12 minutes, but Evelyn, Buddy, LJ, Peters, Melendor got there eventually.

Key was trying to avoid their specials firing at all. Combination of Time stops, LJ and Peters mostly achieved that.

Used Revive scrolls x 3, Medium Manna pots, Time stops x 5, Dragon attack x 5

Although it’s harder than the previous iteration of Pirates, I don’t think it is too hard. We have become accustomed to making it through the 10 levels with 4* heroes, supplemented by one or two 5*.

Now it’s 15 levels and has been scaled accordingly. This is a good progression IMHO

Legendary should be tough to finish, and something you achieve with time in the game and repeated attempts until you are able to field a more diverse 5* roster.

I plan to go back and try it now with some 3-2 five star combos

4 Likes

Any advice on Epic last level before I try it?

Thinking of using Boldtusk, Wilbur, Falcon, Wu Kong & Gretel.

Any boss that I should target early?

2 Likes

Target the boss that has the ability to undo everything you’ve set up, a.k.a. Lady Locke. Once she is down, go after Sargosso. Marie is a non-factor, imo.

3 Likes

Don’t understand why Epic causes so much trouble. I don’t have BT and Wilbur, but was able to finish with using gems with: Scarlett, Wu Kong, Grimm, Kiril, Melendor. Basically my farming team with Kiril instead of Rigard. I’ve used axes and bombs in 14 and 15 mainly to prevent Lady Locke from poisoning me.

Why waste all those resources when you could have taken antidotes for both Lady Locke and Sargosso and mana potions to power up your heroes specials?

1 Like

I believe the challenges are now really challenging, for many players. Maybe, the older players who have a great bench depth can easily walk through levels, but for many this remains hard.

However, I think the difficulty rework was a good thing, and the new rewards much appreciated.

But I would have sugggested SG to implement intermediate reward. Instead of having a single completion reward, why not have a first reward at level 10 and final reward for completion. By this way, most players could already target to beat level 10 and have a reward.

I know that with my current heroes, I won’t be able to finish the event in both Epic and Legendary, so I’m not spending any more time on the event. But if there were a reward for level 10, I might try, because I think it may be more feasible that going through all levels till 15.

Just an idea…

11 Likes

@averagejoe33 Since you are piling the reds, aim for Lady Locke. After her, then go for Sargasso as he blocks 80% of healing gained. Leave Marie for last if possible.

I still need to beat epic 15 as well. I am gonna try to dogpile my holy heroes. And try a 3-2 team, my only source of mana control is gonna be through Chao, and Li Xiu. I am low on items and I need to form more before tackling it proper. I just tried a 3-1-1 with Namahage, Colen, Sumitomo, Grimm, and Chao. Lady Locke is proving to be a pain but at least her growing DoT can be cured with antidotes. I just wish I had Kelile maxed for this event.

Waste these or waste antidotes and mana potions. Either don’t cost that much in terms of iron/food. But axes/bombs save your time.