Can we just get rid of Field Aid already?

The topic is “getting rid of Field Aid”. If you would like to propose the opposite, please open a separate thread.

Reviewing this, I realize this ideas are actually compatible. AND fwiw I do agree with you that war rules could be more varied or challenging at higher levels … I’m on board for varying field aid across the continuum of player power.

At lower levels, I think the players may benefit from modified rules too - specifically for reduced impact of a field aid. Not to make the game EASY. But to make it a better user experience. Comparatively, current field aid is too easy when you’ve got a 3700 power 6th raid team. So, yeah. Buff that field aid and nerf the 1500 6th team power field aid.

2 Likes

SG could also amend field aid to

1. only affect none healers
  2. only heal heros with less than 30 or 40% health left
  3. field aid is disabled if only healer are left, sorta like first option a bit there.
  4. Decrease it to only 10%

Any one of these could work and make a difference.

I now our clean up crews get annoyed when they are left with 2 healers to get rid of and they only have minor heros left, most of them can’t get through it or at least don’t know how too as there is always a way to beat it even with either levelled 2s or unlevelled 3s, just gotta know how.

The thing to remember is every single player on both sides are affected with same difficulty and most do get through it.

2 Likes

Not always!!! :slight_smile:

(Though, with time those heroes become leveled and then it is possible. The interim seems less than ideal to me.)

All true. Great ideas :slight_smile:

110%. This is the song I would sing to my alliance when they’re frustrated.

The caveat is: if something is balanced for one level of play, would it be better to have it balanced across multiple levels of play? I think yes.

I’m certainly interested in hearing dissenting opinions on why field aid should play a larger role in alliance wars between low ranked alliances versus not much of a role with high ranked alliances.

Well actually YES! It all depends on how you perceive beating it. If your thinking is I am going with 5 heros against 2 semi loaded heroes so I should win this battle attitude then yes it’s not gong to be easy.

Communicate with your team mates and work out who can take them on and how.

Well actually it doesn’t have any difference at all between the 2 as field aid is a percentage based total based on the heros at play so whether your hero has only100, 500, 300, 1000 hp left makes no difference as 20% is 20% of what ever is there no matter what level player or hero you have. So it is exactly the same for every single player level whether they be small or big.

Where the killer is though is when a healer receives his 20% field aid at the same time he activates his own special and heals himself and others at the same time and that is the part of field aid a player needs to learn to overcome.

5 two star heroes versus Rigard with field aid may be totally impossible. I’m not 100% sure on that, but I’m pretty sure. Maybe finding out where the ‘break points’ are would be valuable…

Agree that you can usually find someone else in an alliance to take care of a cleanup of that variety. But low ranked alliances aren’t overflowing with communication or coordinated war strategies, and not everyone is gonna be willing to wait around for a stronger team mate to come along.

Is that ideal? No. But a game should cater to filthy casuals at least a bit imo. Especially if it’s at no cost to the hardcore gamers.

Yes yes yes of course. What I’m sayin is that a 3700 power 6th team has no worries about a healer getting Healed. They have oodles of options for how to deal with that.

A 1500 power 6th war team does not have those options. It is harder not because the effect is greater but because depth is developed after a strong rainbow team - By necessity and design - at lower ranks. (Need to clear quests and events for free loot asap)

I’d take that challenge! Game on!

5-2* against 1-Rigard should be pretty easy actually. My thoughts.

2 Likes

This thread really lived up to the title.
Constantly going with the help of field aid…lol.
I hate field aid as much as I do but I have to live with it.
Once upon a time, during a field aided AW, I put up a team of 3 healers and 2 snipers. It took away 11 flags from the opponents over 2 round.

1 Like

+20 character Rigard😝

Lol, your talking to someone who has done it and althoungh my roster is now grown to using 3* s I do it with unlevelled 3* s, the trick is knowing how but it most certianly can be done, doesn’t always work because it largely depends on the tiles but is doable.

Again it’s about communication. Now if your going in with mid level heroes using a rainbow team then your doing it way wrong to start with.

I took down a 4423tp team using a 3625tp team on first attempt and trust me it wasn’t done using a rainbow team.

There is no nerf needed for Field Aid but adjustments of players.

If you face a single hero leftover (like Rigard), don’t attack with a highly stacked team or with many healers. You need maximum 1 healer as backup for very poor starting board. Bring a rainbow team (or 2-1-1-1 team) so you nearly always find combinations. Charge as many heroes as possible and fire them all at once. The best time for it is the round after Healing Aid (and the heroes healing). Even here are limitations of course. That is the moment when you have to dodge the fight and let someone else to do the cleanup. Develop your roster and after 2-4 weeks that is not a topic anymore.

Healing Aid is a strong component, especially for midlevel where you have a lot of 4* healers. When you set up your team to face a healer defense, don’t rely on tile damage - the combined healing will give you headache even with an over-average board. Set up your team skill oriented: 1-2 healers, 1 supporter (def down or attack up preferred) and 2-3 hitters. Notice that you need to charge at least 2 hitters (better 3) to kill one healer from 100% down to 0%. Repeat until no defenders are left. You will not win all fights - but it would be boring if you would.

There are several guides for war strategies and even more guides about raiding, simply search in the forum. I simply offer my guide as reference: Yo Momma’s Alliance War Guide + Team Planner

2 Likes

Field aid is fine. Ya all need to stop whining.
Arrow barrage is worse!!! 25% of current HP? One barrage and you can get one-shotted by enemy snipers, even your 5*s.

2 Likes

I remember when arrows took 25% of max health… and could kill you. And it was the only war mod…

You newbies need to suck it up. Field aid is easy mode.

7 Likes

You assume too much.

I agree, this is when field aid is at its most frustrating. And frankly I also sympathize with the players who run into trouble with it.

1 Like

Deal with it or don’t play in them…easy solution.

Man there is a lot of complaining because someone can’t deal with something in the game.

Ez $$$…

1 Like

How
lLong have you been playing.

I defenitely hope you will be able to replace Dawa and Renfield during the next 2 month. :smile:

I wish you best of luck for your next summons!

2 Likes

It sounds and looks like he is nothing more or should be what we call a clean up crew,lol

The WAR TRACKER shows that my recents stats have the same surprising conclusion @Razor Arrow Barrage has a higher failure rate for me than Field Aid.

Still a small sample size but I am sure this will sustain over the long run.

Edit: for the most part, due to my small roster, I use the same 6 teams and composition every war.

1 Like