Can we just get rid of Field Aid already?

Field aid is one of my faves!

2 Likes

Still debating on this I see.

Field aid, yes itā€™s a pain, especially when your bench isnā€™t fully leveled. Iā€™m not a fan myself - but that doesnā€™t mean I think it should be removed. Itā€™s a challenge, and it affects both teams equally. Might mean lower war scores overall than what Iā€™m used to, and it might mean I need to adjust some attack and defense strategies, but like anything else in the game, itā€™s just one of those things you have to try to work around and adapt to. The game has to have at least some element of challenge to it to keep things interesting.

1 Like

Field Aid no matter which one it is, is just another obstacle which makes the game interesting.

Instead of complaining and requesting for it be removed which will never happen, why not ask intelligent questions like, ā€œHow to combat it, How to work around it,ā€ etc.
At least this way you come across as an interesting opponent willing and wanting to learn more about how the game is played instead of just another whinger whining because he lost a few battles.

Just a tip on how to approach a difficult situation.

2 Likes

Hey, nice parallel thinking :wink:

1 Like

"it affects both teams equally. "

What a wierd way of thinkingā€¦

So it is ok if both teams feel miserable?

I think the idea is, one team doesnā€™t receive a benefit over the other. Itā€™s equally as challenging for people like you that donā€™t know how to navigate in field aid.

LOL. Weird way of thinking?

Alright, yeah. I guess Iā€™m weird. I accept Field Aid because it means that both teams are equally screwed by it, and the scores will reflect that. I didnā€™t say I liked it - itā€™s annoying. But so are arrows. So are mono tank opponents. So are opponents where most of their defense teams are 500 TP higher than mine. So are healers in general. But thatā€™s war. I suck it up and deal with it the best I can, and hope that my opponent canā€™t.

Itā€™s a pain in the ā– ā– ā– , but it doesnā€™t make me miserable. Thatā€™s kind of extreme. If itā€™s actually making you feel miserable, why donā€™t you guys just opt out of wars while Field Aid is active? Could save you a lot of heartache (and give you more time to work on leveling your benches so that maybe next time it doesnā€™t make you quite as miserable). Just a thought. :man_shrugging:

Dang. I take a brief break from the forum, come back hoping for fun, and instead I find a bunch of salt in my inbox. :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Shut off all aid in war orā€¦
Shut off aid if there is more than 1 healer in a team.
Stop all tile manipulation, let them become actually random.

100% agree! I donā€™t understand the point if having War aid.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a variable you need to account for and plan around and overcome. Donā€™t hate on it simply because it gives you problems. Learn to deal with it and win in spite of it.

18 Likes

I would be up for having no aid as a 4th scenario though and cycling with the other 3.

Iā€™d be up for having the aid be random each fight and not revealed before hand

5 Likes

War aid is what makes fighting in a war different from fighting in a raid.

9 Likes

Your playing a computer not a live opponent. It does not need aid. It already has the advantage.

1 Like

You think the AI has the ~advantage~? Lolz.

How long have you been playing?

Look at the top 100 on the leaderboard. Wait an hour. Look again. If the AI defences were so good, theyā€™d beat off most all human challengers. But they donā€™t.

Watch for the repeated boneheaded moves the AI makes when you fight it. Your best hero at 23 hp? AI targets someone else. Often.

7 Likes

It sets the tiles. It always has the advantage

You think AI ā€œsets tilesā€? Iā€™m not sure what that means. But learn about random distribution and search/read any of the jablilion posts on that topic on the forums (conveniently most have been merged for ā€¦um ā€˜easierā€™ reading)

2 Likes

Alter or manipulate the tiles even one time you no longer have random.

Where is this manipulation you speak of?

Youā€™ve collected data to prove this, I assume? Please share your spreadsheet.

1 Like