Buff specials when blinded

But why argue from a standpoint of consistency?

My main criteria in a game is not whether absolutely every last cog and joint is consistent, but whether the game is fun to play.

Sometimes “fun” is a matter of perception. It is my perception that changes can be good or bad for a game, based on a number of factors, and I’m not sure I agree with you that this thing must be changed. shrug

And I think adding the chance to miss your heal or purify would add a new element of strategy/excitement to the game. Which to me is fun.

Would it make the game more challenging? Most likely. Which to me is also fun.

Heh. So then, what determines which “fun” is added to the game? Is it by numbers (the most win)?

How Utilitarian! :grin:

This is where I felt consistency comes into play haha!

“Treat all specials equal”

Instead of

“All specials are created equal. Except some which are more equal than others”

Everybody is complaining that the factor of randomness at raids is too big. And then adding another factor of randomness? Yeah, that makes totally sense.

At the moment healing is the only ability you can count on. If that changes you could also roll the dice to declare a winner.

1 Like

You are right. It doesnt come into play when casting on your own team.

But I think it should. :slight_smile:

Accuracy seems like the ability to accurately “land your special on your intended target”. No matter if it is friend or foe.

Not everybody is complaining about randomness in raids. :slight_smile:

Mostly those who dont like or do well in raids do.

This blew up overnight! :smiley:

Apart from explaining the current mechanics of blind (I think we all know how it works atm), I see most people are mostly unhappy with the proposed change to let blind affect healing. Whilst I can agree with Fledoble that this might actually increase the fun (challenging, other strategies and what not), I think we all realize that this is very subjective as everyone likes to play their game differently. Knowing myself I would probably be against this if you asked a couple of months ago, as it could be seen as a nerf of healing heroes.

This is why that wasn’t my main suggestion. My main suggestion was not to nerf healing or the defensive heroes. I’m actually so content with the way the defensive heroes work while blinded (just like all of you) that I proposed the same mechanic for the offensive heroes (yay!). Let the special effects hit regardless of whether the damage part of the special hits.

And because this could be seen as a nerf to blinding heroes (and we hate nerfs!), I proposed that IF they change it so that special status effects would affect regardless of the damage THEN the blind spell might need to be topped off with an increased penalty on accuracy for said damage part of the specials (and normal gemhits).

We all get to keep the healing without blinding, we all get to use the offensive heroes the way we like, there is no nerf on blinding and the special mechanics are consistent. Should we really aspire to not even try to test this in beta?

2 Likes

That looks like a resonable compromise to me

I know this whole discussion is about blind, but when they changed blind, they also changed gambler’s stance, so Wu Kong has to be considered also. If you do a change to accuracy, you do a change to him. For instance, if my healers would miss their heals or my buffers miss their buffs, Wu Kong would become useless. Using Wu Kong is already a bit of a gamble (fun intended :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:), he can be amazing and annoying at the same time.

I am not taking part in the discussion, just expanding it :wink:.

Sorry for late response… kinda suprised at the beef with blind.

Essentially answer B.

If you want to get rid of blind, you HAVE to take some like the ones you mentioned since antidotes dont exist in raids.

My point is because of that, you have to substitute possibily one of your offensive guys for a defensice guy. No issues with that. Its part of the game. Perhaps I’m missing why people are not liking blind???

Is a debuff that seens to be a bit stronger? Don’t like it? Deal with it.

On an aside, i believe Arien said a few times that you should be able to cure blind effect at 100%. THIS is essentially what a heal is…
If you want to take it so far, why not blind start affecting the chance of the other buffs you can put on yourself??? (Atk up defense up). Might as well from what this thread is getting at…

I’m all for it! Let blind affect self buffs as well! :slight_smile:

I don’t think I will ever be for heals not working. As you were…

So now the op is dating revert the changes from 1.7 but increase the miss chance. We had it that way and the devs changed it to what it is now

I still think lowered accuracy should just reduce hit chance on offensive skills. Accuracy is important when hitting a far away target that tries to avoid being hit.

When you heal friends next to you it is a completely different thing. They are are near and they want to be hit. It is not total blindness, just lowered accuracy.

As a role playing thing it makes sense. Also I would dislike the mechanic changing to include friendly skills. It would make it more powerful, too powerful and would need to be nerfed in other ways then.

1 Like

exactly. Iff that change is made, there’s a cascading balancing effort to make blindness adequately powered, when it’s already adequately powered right now. Lots of effort, little reward.

Haha, we’re going two or three more rounds in the same merry go round here.

Balances might be needed.
Thats what the Beta is for.
Rebalancing isnt always a bad thing.
Purify can just as easily be made to miss.
Strong cases can be made both for and against from a “role playing” perspective.

1 Like