Buff specials when blinded

Cool! I had missed that change :slight_smile:

Then the only argument that remains on my part is the consistency one.

How/if values should be rebalanced is another question.

Some freindly spells have miss chance on them in this gane if the caster is under blind.

Cause they are 2nd effect.

actually the core issue is “why do we need to change it?” and “will this make the game better/more fun?”

Blindness is strong as is but not overpowered (though I hate it). Why should it be changed and introduce a domino game-balance effect causing more work for the dev and testing team?

This is basically a lose/lose - almost no one except a few are clamoring to change blindness this way (to affect heals and buffs). If changed, many people will complain AND there will be unforseen game balance issues, causing more work down the line and possibly a series of “oh crap, try this? not yet? what about now? this time? what about now?” changes. I don’t think the benefits are in line with the amount of work and pain that will come from this.

As someone who is part of the beta, there are many other things I’d rather spend time looking for than that.

Dante

4 Likes

So they can add the offensive debuffs even when the attack misses. This was the case in previous versions and makes it a lot more equal. Adding this back on would therefore require very little work, as they’ve done it before.

Back taking away the offensive debuff when the special missed seemed to be introduced as an extra nerf for athena, so it’s not weird that now a while later we can re-evaluate how that update worked out.

I think most people are against the chance to miss healing, fair enough. I do think it would be more fair though (once again: IF they don’t want to re-add defensive debuffs when missing specials) and as a beta tester myself i’d happily test to see if it would balance things out more.

1 Like

As someone who is also part of the beta there is surely room for testing of this as well

I’m peacing out here.

You dont perceive it as a problem.
I perceive as a problem.

We’re not getting any further on this subject.

Correct (on the disagreeing). I don’t think that you’re getting is you’re asking for a MAJOR change to the game with lots of cascading consequences that will really only be known by actually making the change. That’s a pretty big ask. That was my point.

2 Likes

I take back the “I’m out” part.
I do get that it is a change, because I’m not an idiot. And frankly I’m a bit offended haha!

Is it a big change however?
Implementation wise. No.
Possible consequences. Yes, maybe.

Which is why I would never want them to implement it live without thinking it through. And test it out on beta.

If it doesnt work well, then revert it. That is partly what the beta is for.

They removed the status effect application when affected by blind. That was a “big” change. Yet they did it. So changes like this have been implemented before.

Sure but my guess is a majority of the players don’t want blindness affecting heals or defensive buffs. While you think this is “consistent” many others feel it isn’t and isn’t worth the developers time to mess around with the game balance aftermath.

1 Like

Of course they dont want it to affect defensive buffs and heals.

People with Athena didnt want her to buff stacking to change.
People with Boldtusk didnt want his heal lowered.

People never what things to change if it has a chance to affect them and their game play in a negative way.

1 Like

Reading the op be basically wants every blind to essentially be a mini wu special. Blind is meant to be a defensive tool not an offensive tool. You are trying to make it do more than just reducing their offensive capabilities and reduce defensive ones also. Right now if I attack you while blinded I may or may not hit you. If I hit you and I reduce enemy stats ON HIT I reduce your stats. If I miss then my ON HIT effects don’t apply. If I hit you and i buff my team also then I buff them. If I miss I still buff my team since that isn’t linked to me hitting you. I don’t hit my teammates to heal cleanse or buff. I should not have to HIT an ally to do anything.

1 Like

Me hitting you with Blind is an offensive act
I lower your chances of
1: Casting your offensive spells successfully
2: Hitting with tiles/auto attacks

And lowering your chances to heal and purify debuffs is part of my offensive strategy.

My opinion is still that all specials should be affected by the blind mechanic.

As it stands, blind is useless against Rigard/Vivica.
Because they just purify it 100% of the time.
And it isnt that hard to manipulate the board to have for example Rigard ready when Blind is applied.

1 Like

How about we just remove the word blind from the equation? Then the ability becomes accuracy debuff. Does accuracy come into play? Then chance to miss. Does accruacy not come into play? No chance to miss. Right now i do not believe accuracy is accounted for when casting on your own heroes. I could be wrong there of course though.

I think it sometimes gets overlooked that accuracy is also a stat like def or health, its just the same %100 at base for every hero. Lowering the def of an ally hero does not increase the amount they are healed even though with lower def they should be easier to affect with anything. Defense does not enter into that equation.

2 Likes

why do you think that certain specials shouldn’t have counters? You still have to charge them up, keep them alive, etc. Why should that debuff not be wipe-able?

That doesn’t mean “changes that affect the game in a negative way are automatically ‘right’.”

You dont get your team buff form a miss atk, or they have changed rigth at 1.8.

And wu kong’s skills dont applie miss for heals or no trigger skills (that buff own team), because they dont need to atk.

Likewise it doesnt mean they are automatically wrong either. Or even if this change is a negative change.

It might open up a whole new dimension of game play. We dont know.

I do know you want change. So I guess all we can say is “change is change”? Erm…

I’m not saying that it shouldnt have a counter.

I’m saying that it should have an impact. The same kind of modifier that other specials get from it.
And currently it doesnt have an effect on Rigard/Vivicas key ability.

And why are you so hell-bent or not even giving this change a beta try?

Yeah, there arent any right or wrong changes.

But there are changes that would make the handling of specials more or less consistent