Best Tank of 2019 Poll

Ok now you’re hitting below the belt. I have both Prisca AND Graymane maxed. They were both on my first 3* team.

… hmmm, now that I think of it, maybe that’s why I hated raiding so intensely back then …

On-topic, neither qualifies for best tank.

2 Likes

Without reading the whole thing, I voted Guin as I feel she still ruled 2019 as a whole. However, she has been falling and I don’t see her making it in 2020. Of those listed, Ursena would be my vote for the current queen. Boss Wolf got his title just before she came out so I don’t know if he sits above her or not.

The rest are no issue to me at all. I typically raid for food and iron these days and I will pounce on an Aegir team the quickest. If I see an Ursena team with over 20k Iron, I’ll hit them as well, but I know I will need a good starting board or my yellow mono team is toast.

LOL!!!:joy::joy::joy::joy: Absolutely agree!

I stack against her flanks too. My typical teams for war these days are blue and purple because everybody has red and yellow flanks to stupid purple tanks. It’s not ideal I can tell you that :joy:

1 Like

Whereas against Guin it’s such a relief, I have heroes that were designed to hard counter her :joy:
Ursena doesn’t have any hard counters. She just has malice in her heart :joy:

2 Likes

Totally agree! Once bitten twice shy. I don’t like depending entirely on the board playing nice, mostly because you KNOW it won’t. Plus by the time you have it work to a good place your team is dead :joy:

1 Like

You prompted me to make a post about Santa. I have him at 70 and I kinda wanna max him for fun (it’s Santa Clause!) But I’m not seeing the busted part. A lot of people think so highly of him, and I’m on the fence about maxing him. I’d feel better about it if I already had Gravemaker at 80 I think :joy:

There are some tanks tougher than others.

Difficulty of a tank is dependent on:

• the heroes that you have
  • play style (mono / 4-1 / 3-2 / rainbow?)
  • emblems (I think I saw some people dissing Santa but I can tell you it depends on how many emblems he has)

The fun part is how to make your optimal raid team(s).
Newer players should focus on making a team or 2 against 1 or 2 color tanks when raiding and not raid all over the place.

The worst nightmare for mono is of course Ursena and Mitsuko.

Any of the new meta tanks with ultra defense stats and buffs + debuffs are very tough.
Wolf / Yunan / Santa / BK / Kunchen / etc.

These guys can’t be killed by a mono 3tack.

Highly emblemed Guin would be within that category but a low/no emblem Guin can be easily killed by a mono 3tack.

A highly emblemed Guin returns to her former days of glory where she punishes a bad board badly.

Those who state that they have no problems with certain tanks then please refer to point no1.

4 Likes

He’s not busted, because a natural counter in Kiril exists :stuck_out_tongue: that’s what I was saying with my post

His ability however is amazing. He’s one of the few heroes in the game that boosts your damage output and survival with just one skill – other heroes in this category being those such as Wilbur.

A huge defense down ailment, with a notable attack drop and meat shields in the form of minions. When he fires his skill in the tank position, he allows his team to immediately deal a considerable amount of damage, while leaving you in a very uncomfortable spot.

4 Likes

Would anyone stick Grazul next to Santa? Maybe not right next to him but in the same defense lineup?

Whats you’re thinking?

Personally I can’t see a major benefit/ synergy to using both Grazul & Santa on a defence team together. I would opt for someone like Ariel who will give a cleanse & more substantial mana boost…

Well Ariel isn’t a hero I have, so I thought Grazul’s element link would help Santa

Potentially then. The risk then is the whole colour stacking.

In terms of the mana boost, the elemental link is 4%. To reduce Santa’s tile charge time by 1 tile (Slow = 12 normally) you need a 10% boost. So would need a level 5+ mana troop in additon to the elemental link.

So to get best benefit, Grazul would need a level 11+ mana troop (charge in 6 tiles), fire then santa with a level 5+ mana troop becomes 11 tile charge time.

EDIT: its worth noting that NORMALLY (without the elemental mana link from Graz) Santa would need a level 17+ troop to increase his charge speed by 1 tile.

2 Likes

Yes. Even next to him actually. If you have a very tough Santa it doesn’t matter if the flank is the same color or not and Grazul just keeps him alive all the same.

1 Like

Do you like Santa enough to give him your last 6 rings if your red 80’s are Ares, anzogh, Marjana, Azlar? It will mean your reds are weighted towards average/slow?

Do you have a good tank already or does your alliance tank with red?

If they tank with red there’s no reason imo to not give him the rings.

If you don’t need him as tank though then it depends how badly you need his defense down skill. Wilbur is generally preferred against titans since he has damage share for your team too, but Santa would still be useful for wars (like Isarnia, a slow defense down hero, except he’s actually got a lot of bulk)

1 Like

We use purple tank. And I have drake so Santa won’t get any monk emblems.

So I have Ursena, none of the others… but I never considered her a tank. Isn’t her defense quite low compared to all the others?

She becomes nasty with emblems. And the thing about ursena is there really isn’t any other sorcerers competing for those emblems.

1 Like

The only one I really have any trouble with anymore is Santa, and that’s only if he fires. The combo of attack down, defense down, and minions makes him hard to beat without a good board.

Yunan can be pretty tough for me as well, though that might say more about my red roster than Yunan’s actual effectiveness.

The rest of the listed tanks I can take down pretty easily with a strong-color 3-stack (Jackal-Joon-Vivica for Ursena and Kunchen, Seshat-Aeron-Kageburado for Guinevere and Onatel, and Alberich-Evelyn-Kingston for Aegir).

1 Like