Best Tank of 2019 Poll

Good point, but if Margaret was in the poll then I guess Derik would need to be in there too :wink:

1 Like

Everyone knows that the best tank of all time is Aife

8 Likes

One observation I’ve made with Onatel is that because of the way her special works, she can really punish a stack. If she hits two same color heroes, she’s doubling the effect for each tile. If you hit her with tiles, you charge her both ways, and if you ghost tiles, you double the mana she receives.

2 Likes

Kunchen hands down because of his resistance to general defense down. Which pretty much means you HAVE to have G. Jackal if you only want to 2 stack. He can still go down easily with other color stacks. Just if you want minimum stacks then G. Jackal is a must.

sure does, she loves her a good mono stack ! :slight_smile:

I still think there are others which hurt more… Just don’t see many of them

I always attack Ursena with my purples

1 Like

Me too, I bring Jackal, Poseidon and Vivica (3.70), Jackal for def down, Vivica for counter allies def debuff from Kunchen.

I have problem with Ursena if getting bad board.
And I have big problem facing Boss Wolf, even with not so bad board (standard). But very rare who has Boss Wolf and set it as tank.

I do not have big problem with Guin for standard board. I bring Seshat, Rigard, Proteus/Panther.

PS:The result (thougest tank) is depend on our roster and playstyle (majority). :thinking: :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Kutchen gets the nod over Guinevere not because of his superior skill or tankity qualities, but because there are simply more purple heroes built to take down Guin, whereas yellows built to take down and counter Kutch are few and farther between.

Kage, Seshat, Sartana, Ursena, Victor, Panther, Hel, Khiona, and even Proteus, Merlin, and Tiburtus are all excellent attackers against Guin tanks.

Holy strikers are much more limited—primarily to Joon, Drake, Musashi, Leonidas, and Jackal and Gretel—with other holy heroes built more for utility than for, explicitly, punching through Kutch.

Guin’s skills and stats make her the strongest tank in the game, but Kutch benefits from the weakness of holy attackers just enough to be, given the current meta, the better choice.

7 Likes

Guin is the only hero can win a raid using only her special skill and tiles.

1 Like

I actually think that title belongs to Leonidas.

2 Likes

I agree with this post. I often reroll purple tanks because I lack in yellow attackers. I can bring two Chaos but thats not really my preferred raiding style :unamused:

1 Like

Holy hitters are hard to come by. I’ve got 2 jackals and a joon, sitting on 8 darts…

I’d ascend Leo immediately if he were fast, but since Leo is average, Musashi hits like a feather, and Ranvir misses… I don’t know who to ascend.

I’ll pull on Atlantis a couple times for Poseidon/Inari if I can, and gun for gazelle, but if I don’t have any luck I’ll have to raise Leo since he’s the next best holy hitter in my roster.

Anyway back to topic - I just don’t find Kunchen punishing. I can handle him casting once, even twice if needed. Guin, Ursena, and Aegir seem to punish me more if I let them cast, but it might just be the perception of frustration since Guin drags my mana, Ursena reflects yellow, and Aegir makes it darn hard to take out a particular enemy.

3 Likes

Guin remain the best, she it’s the only one where I stack with 3 purple, for any other you can beat it with every color, I was hoping for Neith to be something good for the center but she its absolutely crap on any position.

3 Likes

No Mitsuko? :frowning:

Well she’s no Santa but she’s fairly tanky herself, and has that blue reflect to deter offensive blue hitters. She’s no Ursena but still… I feel like she should have a spot here.

I voted Santa BTW, if it wasn’t for Kiril’s existence he’d be a busted tank.

3 Likes

Last week i’ve been raiding always with the same team for a statistic project…
Attack team is GM+14 Evelyn+12 Elena Tarlak Mitsuko…
I’ve win 23 times against guin tank and lost 3…
The worst % i have is against Richard (as i’m using 3 reds no cleanser) is understandable 11 wins vs 3 losses…
Aegir 19 wins 1 loss
GM 16 wins 3 loss
Kunchen 34 wins 4 loss
Ursena 13 wins 2 loss
I dont really find guineve that punishing… with this team the one that give more work is emblemed Richard and ursena

3 Likes

I couldn’t agree more with you @nevarmaor, Onatel is the Bane of my E&P raiding. As you stated ESPECIALLY with her flanking Kunch. I think it’s psychological now, I’ve had soooo many bad experiences.
Not that I’ll nope them but I certainly lose a few notches of confidence. I’d be glad to face any other combination but those two give me the most trouble, and I by no means have a limited roster. It’s not near as deep as some but I can work out counters to anything thrown at me.
I’m surprised I haven’t had a nightmare where Kunch and Onatel were stealing my beer and I couldn’t stop them!!! Talk about horrifying!! What could possibly be worse than THAT?

P.S She’s another hero that continues to elude me. And man I’d really try to get her, where most hero’s I want but won’t blow the budget trying to land. Her, yea I’d wake up in a bathtub full of ice missing a kidney and somehow summon 30 Graymane’s.

3 Likes

I don’t get the hate for my in-game avatar :wolf::crazy_face: Am I that intimidating LOL?

1 Like

@SWEG, the very 1st time I faced Ursena tank in a raid, one I’ll NEVER forget, she totally decimated my entire team in one shot. Now none where at full strength but I was stunned, like WTF just happened. I gained a lot of respect for her that day and learned a very valuable lesson. If you are going to full stack holy against Ursena you had BETTER kill her fast.

Now I honestly stack again her flank/s depending on who is there. It works out well for me, less stress with no holy (or only 2) than a full stack of them and a bad board.

2 Likes

See, the issue with Graymane is he really IS useless. You couldn’t even make a suitable jacket for a bum with that pelt?
If he jumped out of the woods on a dark lonely road I might die, from lack of air because of the laughter. He’s like Peewee Herman at a Disney movie, unbelievably uncomfortable, to even consider leveling. I actually leveled Prisca and fed him to her when I started. Best move I made in my 1st 3 months here!!!

4 Likes