Best hero synergies (high raiding/meta)

Hi all,
Been playing a while now in a near-top 100 alliance (Legio Fanatici) and I’m amazed how deep the meta has become for this simple match-3 game mechanic. I love the raid tournament additions as it gives a use for otherwise seldom used heroes. And although the war is sometimes very frustrating (I hate those arrows!), that also has a definite chess element to it.
A lot of topics cover single heroes and their uses/pro-cons. What I would like is to share ideas about hero and team synergies. (@Moderators: I haven’t found such a topic, otherwise a merge would be in fine order). A simple example would be to combine an elemental defense down hero with the same element heroes. So Frida and Arthur go well with blue snipers. Evelyn with Kingston/Lianna. But could we delve deeper?
The one I really like for example is the pairing of Alby and Ariel. If I can get them to work in unison (which can be a bit tricky because of their difference in mana speed), they turn into a mana engine. Ariel’s +24% mana generation stacks with Alby’s moderate amount mana regen. This not only speeds up mana regen for the other heroes, but it of course also works on themselves. I can fill GM up in 3 tiles if the engine is running. I always bring Alby, Hel and Ariel to every raid, and fill the other two positions with the strong color against the tank of the opponent. If I get a good blue/green board, the engine is up and running, and then I need a lot less purple and strong anti-tank color to fire Hel and the other heroes.
Let’s hear some other great synergies!

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: The hero synergy thread