Ascension mats drop rate (proving it hasn't changed?)

I do have to admit… after moving up from 4-6* titans up to 7-9* titans… loot has increased significantly for me. Still a lot of hit or miss, but I went from maybe getting one unfarmable a month to more like one a week.

So that’s good. You know…

tenor

1 Like

We usually take 10/11* Titan’s I’ve gotten 2 3* mats and a 3&4* mat at one time… definitely better loot above 6*s

2 Likes

My original team was small, so 6* was about our limit. Maybe 7* if we pushed really hard. Adding members and pushing up to 8s was a game changer for sure, loot wise.

1 Like

Definitely… helping me out… now just still waiting on a 5* green hero… sitting on 12 Shields and 7 tonics… just got dom to 4 the other day when got that’s tabard…and have her costume which is even more Beast for defense…got King Arthur maxed … would love Lianna… but would take elkenen as well… just not horghall LoL unless it’s costume… but yeah now maxing hero’s regularly due to better titan loot in terms of AMs

1 Like

Before i throw in my tuppence worth, may I just say that I’ve been playing for over two years.
I’ve never bothered collecting stats, but before the Zynga takeover, of the six 4* ascension mats needed, only 1 or two would come from the Quests like Morlovia etc.
Nowadays, if I get a 4* ascension mat that’s NOT from a Quest I check the night sky for a Blue Moon.
Yet I can buy one of my choosing as part of a $30 “offer”.
I wonder if that’s coincidence or design.

So in the past, every 1-2 Rare Quest you get 6× 4* AM?

Rare Quest appear every 9 days. 1-2 Rare Quest means 13.5 days.

6× 4* AM each 13.5 days = 13.33× 4* AM per month…

That is very high… I have never heard someone in the forum claiming such high rate… My rate is just slightly under 10 per month… (I never buy AM)

I honestly believe your number is incorrect as you only based it on memory not recorded stat.

I think he was saying of the 6 type’s although there’s 7 including D-blade and tomes

1 Like

Oh it seems to be like this: to ascend a fire hero, it need 6 rings and 1-2 come from the Rare Quest.

The calculation will be:
Rare Quest cycle is 63 days.
1-2 Rare Quest cycle = 94.5 days

6 Rings every 94.5 days

As there are 7 type of 4* AM, that means:
42× 4*AM every 94.5 days = 13.33 per month

Still ended up with the same number.

1 Like

Well Good things do happen… just need 3 more now for misandra

Thank you very much everyone for posting evidence contradictory to my theory- I’ve been meaning to post this for a while now (either start a thread or look for an existing one).

I’ve been tracking unfarmable loot very carefully since Jan 2020 (actually earlier, but not as meticulously so I scratched the data as unreliable). Had pretty consistent drops in both 3* and 4*, posted here: [Hoarder Corner] how many AM you collect a month 😍? - #64 by Anonymous. Wish I started earlier but oh well :woman_shrugging:.

Very shortly after this post was the Telly nerf/v30. Since then, I’ve had way less 3* and 4* AM drops- I’ll post tomorrow as I’m about to head to bed soon. I know it’s not much data, but I was very curious if others experienced the same- sounds like no.

Another factor- around the same time, I also bumped up from hitting 12-13stars to almost exclusively 14star titans. I had very consistently gotten at least a 3star unfarmable almost every titan with occasional 4stars (had a trend of at least 7 titans with unfarmables in a row once/12 in 13 days!)- on the luckier side but pretty consistent with the rest of the Hoarder Corner data. Now though, I’m lucky to get any unfarmable every third titan! Not consistent with @Guvnor’s data for Tier XIV/XV loot (Titan Loot Project - A Data Farming Project! Answering "What can/could I get from the Titan?") so again, unless they made some kind of change here or I’m on a 3-4 month long unlucky streak… :woman_shrugging:

Can’t say the same for me as I got 2 4* AM in the last 2 days…

1 Like

Gotta love that…I’ve had a dry spell with getting Boots and scabbards etc… but getting that scope was pretty awesome… shortens maxing misandra by 1.5 months

Tabard today in dark chest that’s 2 4ams in 3 days… but titan loot had been really bad… haven’t gotten a 3 am in 9 Titan’s now

What is the titan star you faced?

10/11 * Titan’s and I’m usually in A/B- grade

That means loot tier XI-XIII.
If you can get to loot tier XIV, the AM rate is better. Almost every loot tier XIV have 3* AM, often more than 1, the average is actually slightly more than 1.

1 Like

Awwww man I don’t want to get drawn into one of these debates…

It’s easy for me to debate something like Goblin Balloon. It’s ugly and stupid and I don’t like it. There, done.

But these discussions about drop rates and rigged boards and whatnot… basically anything I post in these threads is going to be purely anecdotal, because I didn’t do my homework and keep spreadsheets and journals of every chest I opened over the last 6 months.

Sorry guys, I’m lazy like that. :man_shrugging:

If you guys are interested in my perfectly honest yet purely anecdotal, non-verifiable experience? Continue reading below.

In my experiences, to the best of my recollection, from when I started playing up until now…

Yeah I’m pretty sure I used to get better loot.

Before:

• Monster/raid chests used to drop the occasional special prize
  • Elemental chests always dropped at least one special prize
  • Even the lower level titans I fought occasionally dropped good loot
  • War wins regularly gave good loot
  • Titan chests almost always gave “decent” loot (not as good as elemental chests, but close)
  • War chests always gave at least one good thing
  • Mystic Visions occasionally gave great loot

Now:

• Monster/raid chests almost never give anything good
  • Elemental chests are no longer guaranteed to give anything good
  • Low level titans don’t drop anything good, higher level titans occasionally give something decent
  • War win loot is only marginally better than war loss loot (about on par with a decent monster chest, versus war loss loot which is usually on par with a terrible monster chest)
  • Titan chests don’t give anything better than an ordinary monster chest
  • War chests, like elemental chests, are no longer guaranteed to give anything good
  • Mystic Visions still occasionally give great loot

No I cannot “prove” any of this. Just really “feels” like loot is worse now than it was before (in spite of the fact that I’m completing higher tier stuffs than I was before).

Call it confirmation bias, a streak of bad luck, call it what you want. To me? It just feels like the game is intentionally trying to hinder our progress.

But since I haz no spreadsheet dataz… I am expected to tow the party line and agree that there is nothing wrong, because I am unable to provide verifiable evidence that anything is wrong. SG is in no scent until proven guilty. And good luck trying to prove it, as even if you do in fact keep full spreadsheets of everything you’ve ever done in the game ever, they’ll still call you a “small sample size”.

Really is an impossible argument to win.

3 Likes

Maybe because when we start play, 3* AM seems precious that is why we feel the loots are good but now 3* AM seems like trash.

So says you? I desperately need more compasses and sturdy shields. I’m not just talking about 4* mats.

Meanwhile I get like a million trap tools and orbs of magic.

I see people wandering the forums saying “I need fine gloves! please sir, please, all I need is one pair of fine gloves!”

Well I’ve got those. Got warm capes, too. I’d love to be able to give them to you, but I seem to have misplaced my compasses, so I’m unable to find you…?

It’s a weird world when you have more Damascus blades than compasses, isn’t it?

2 Likes

You are not spying on my titan loot, are you? How did you know? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

This is from titan loot tier XIV I just got.

1 Like