Ascension mats drop rate (proving it hasn't changed?)

Say what??? :sweat::sweat::sweat::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

Well do Gotta say in the last 14 days I’ve gotten 2 trap tools from MV alone

Definitely not saying that you won’t get anything but there use to be more.

2 Likes

I guess I wasn’t clear enough. I feel three posters presented actual data, all of which suggest the drop rate has not changed. You were one of those.

Then, below your (first) post there is one that I think could be read either way, but ultimately the poster acknowledges their offering is anecdotal and wisely suggests they may just be engaging in confirmation bias.

I’m not mad at you (or really, any other poster in this thread (except me)). I don’t know why I keep coming into threads like this where it is likely that everyone has already made up their mind, and any presentation of actual data won’t change that. I tried to add to the conversation by being constructive and offering my data, but clearly it was a waste of my time.

I don’t make enormously time consuming posts presenting my raid data for my own edification - I already know what it shows. I do it because I think others will be interested and that it may help them. But the obstinacy that some show (again, not you) makes me wonder why I bother. It just feels like I’m inviting frustration and that my time would best be spent elsewhere.

Things that I think this thread illustrates a lesser drop rate of:

• Numerical literacy
  • Logical facilities

Things that I think this thread does NOT illustrate a lesser drop rate of:

• Ascension materials

Again, I blame myself for voluntarily coming into this thread in the first place. I don’t really know why I did; it is exactly this sort of thread that has me contemplating leaving the forum.

Bottom line, I should just allow people to wallow in their misconceptions. You know what? If someone thinks their drop rate decreased, I yield. You are right. It is less now. Happy? What does your being right accomplish? And you know what else? I really HOPE you are right.

[/rant]

7 Likes

Actually, it was me who was not clear enough in my first 2 posts. I’m afraid that might cause misunderstanding so I give longer explanation. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Lol I’m just asking to get everyone’s input I’m not staying mats drop less or not as apperently if such a nerf did happen was before I started playing…so I don’t have a bias as it’s only asking not anything I’ve experienced…if anything I’m getting more mats then before hitting 10/11* titans opposed to 5/6* one’s… and MV @calsr821 has given me rings scopes and tools… remember getting the last scope I needed for Arthur from MV

I have been playing for 18 or so months, and I remember when the game was bought out. Shortly after that is when I noticed a change. I do not complain about things like this as I am a big spender and if I need something I’ll spend the money. I have reached number 1 in world a time or two, and I have alot of good heroes with most of them maxed I have no interest in swaying ones opinion one way or the other just wanted to give my opinion and input. But I do know that the stronger the titan the better your odds are at them rare mats. And that’s why you may have seen that increase. Some have good luck some have poor luck but just remember, at this game you won’t be unlucky all the time! Good luck on them Titans, Anchor has some YouTube videos that are extremely helpful!

1 Like

Btw I am lucky to see 4 4* AMs a month

1 Like

Thanks for the input… again I’m just trying to see if this “conspiracy” of mats dropping less then before I started playing is true or false I’m not trying to be bias in any way… just wanted ppls opinions in the subject as I see some ppl saying it’s less others saying it hasn’t changed so yeah…I am tracking my own mat/rare chest drops and eventually will add my own data to the community…I other then vip/valor am F2P stated playing now about 9-10 months…I have 14 maxed or at tier 4 hero’s 1 a 5* at 4-77 and have 5-5s (Isarnia and domitia gotten through costume when they were featured) misandra from Atlantis when she was featured Arthur from last Avalon and justice from an epic token… hoping to get a 5 green as I have all the mats to ascend one fully (Lianna would be amazing) but again everyone feel free to add thier own data or experience :smile:

Well here’s the thing about RNG…

Regardless of whether it has changed or not, regardless of what statistical whatever one person has tracked vs. the personal anecdotal evidence someone else has experienced… ultimately, at the end of the day, it does all come down to your own luck, doesn’t it?

Doesn’t matter if someone else is pulling unfarmables 3 times a day… if you haven’t pulled one in 3 months, how is their experience any consolation to you? It’s not, and no amount of data is ever going to be enough to fix the fact that after all this time, you STILL haven’t gotten the stuff you need.

Pretty much the same applies to the board RNG discussions, or summon RNG discussions.

If I’m having a bad day, and someone else tells me they’re also having a bad day? It makes me feel a little bit better knowing that it’s not just me.

If I’m having a bad day and someone else is having a great day? Well that’s cool. If they tell me “cheer up, I had a bad day yesterday, but today is going great!” Okay, thanks. I’ll hope for that tomorrow. :slightly_smiling_face:

But if tomorrow comes and I have another bad day? Then the next day is another bad day? And the day after that is another bad day? And someone else is bragging about how every day for them has been a good day? I don’t care if they have spreadsheets to show that 50% of all peoples’ days are good days, all I know is that I personally keep having bad days, and it starts to get really irritating after a while, especially when other people keep telling me “cheer up! statistically, you’re overdue for a good day!”

Then the next day is another bad day…

:man_facepalming:

Personally? I don’t know the drop rates. I don’t really think anyone but SG themselves know for sure (and they’re not about to tell us). Could just naturally be better for some people vs. others.

Anecdotal or not? While anecdotal doesn’t fly when trying to prove a scientific theory or convict someone in a court of law, when it comes to one’s personal experience in a game? Anecdotal really is all that matters. It’s no consolation when you tell someone who only makes $5 an hour that the average wage is $25 an hour. “Don’t worry little buddy, some day, you’ll make $25 an hour too!” Yeah maybe. Or maybe not.

Sometimes really all you can do for that person is to pat them on the shoulder and say, “I’m sorry, dude. You kinda got a raw deal here. I’m not going to brag about how good I’ve got it. Instead, I’ll just wish you better luck going forward.”

Or something like that. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Well said…it’s a good day got a compass in regular monster chest

1 Like

Very easy to answer this question in one word, (YES). Unless you count paying for them.

2 Likes

Lets look at your chart a tad closer. In the 6 months starting Sept 2019 thru Feb 2020 you had 2 months under double digit 4 Star. In the 4 months starting March 2020 thru June 2020 you had ZERO double digits. That shows with no doubt they are WAY less 4 Stars.

1 Like

Or maybe you are playing too much…

18 October 2019 I recorded my progress: I have spent 32 4*AM while 62 remained in inventory (Total 94).

Today I have spent 96 4*AM while 85 remained in inventory (Total 181).

That is 87 increase in 260 days… which is equal to 10.21 per month… how do I get that… I do not even realize I got that frequent…

Perhaps I play too much… I never buy AM.

1 Like

Great idea. This is embarrassing, but it turns out I juxtaposed the data inadvertently. Since I track it with each month being shown in a new column (that is, time flows to the right, as is standard), I pasted things in wrong. It should actually be flipped, top to bottom. That is, it should read as follows:

Month 3 Star 4 Star
Sept 41 9
Oct 45 9
Nov 38 7
Dec 40 7
Jan 45 10
Feb 35 9
Mar 40 11
Apr 40 10
May 31 15
Jun 35 7

So it turns out there are actually WAY more 4 Star drops.

3 Likes

Well in last 7 day’s I’ve had 21 mats drop 1 A4* the rest 3* farmable or not but still 3* mats regardless… lol got in top 25% on tournament got 3* mats but was Boots :man_facepalming: lol but yeah even had a compass drop in regular MC so bonus… eventually as I said I’ll be sharing my data… for me I’ve had an increase definitely… again just keep hearing that they are dropping less and wanted to know if it was true or false or just some ppl in dry spells others not and somewhere in between is the answer really…I don’t claim it’s true or false… Just was curious

1 Like

I haven’t had a four star mat from an elemental chest going all the way back to last year. On June 15th I started taking screen shots of my elemental chests, war chests, titan chests, and bonus AM chests. Not a single one. Outside of the rare quests, I am lucky to get one a month. And that is usually from mystic vision or from a standard chest. I thought I was maybe a little unlucky but to see people bringing in over five per month is just unbelievable.

3 Likes

Me neither but a day ago got a tabard in platinum chest and a day or 2 before that a D-blade in MV… but last element chest 2 farmable mats crazy…if it’s supposed to be rare should be only non farmable mats IMHO

1 Like

And especially the bonus chests. Without buying summons, those things take an eternity to get. And what do I get? A dragon bone and a compass. It’s such a gut punch.

2 Likes

Agreed there last costume did 11 pulls from saved gems and keys got 2 meteor fragments and an orb smh Meteor fragments aren’t even AMs