Ascension materials - An appeal to quit being so stingy with them MASTER

I literally have 10 five star heroes that I can’t ascend because I need fine gloves to get them to the next level. I have 8 other 5 stars that lack other ascension materials…some have been waiting a year or longer!
I spend money on this app every single month and I am getting weary of rarely ever getting any ascension materials for my 5 *’s.
I like the game, but I really don’t like being frustrated. What the heck.

2 Likes

I feel you,I got Lepus on the easter event and I’m stil willing to get that 1 telescope that’s missing…

Perhaps it’s worth realizing the entire game can’t be pay-to-win… some of it actually takes some grinding and time…

This game is all about time! It’s a “push and grind” game. That’s why I have three tiers of leveling projects - 3* tier, 4* tier and 5* tier. I work on a leveling project for each element for each tier simultaneously. Thus, I’ll have 15 heros I’m working on at a time. It takes time before heros are ready for ascension, but it gives me time to collect the various ascension materials needed for each element at each tier.

I keep track of the future tournaments and challenge events to see whether I have the heros necessary to compete. If not, I’ll shift my focus on those specific heros the week prior to the event. For example, I spent most of the last 4 weeks focused on 3* and 4* heros as there has been back-to-back 3*/4* tournaments and my roster was lacking in heros I needed to compete.

Hopefully, that little insight helps. As you get further along and your base is more developed, you will be able to power-level a hero as you complete getting the ascension material to max level it. That’s how come you see some players being able to max a new hero a day after it’s released and use it in raids and wars. I’m not there, but I haven’t been playing long enough where I have stockpiles of ascension items just waiting to be used. :wink:

2 Likes

Seems like 12-14% drop percentages suck… or as you play more is the need for 4* mats just make you think you never get them as much

Wait, is this for real?

@Lstokes To be honest, most folks will not be ready to level 5* heros monthly. It takes time to feed 1*/2* heros into 5* heros to get them to 3/70 where you are even ready to ascend to the next level (4/1). Sure if you are power-leveling a hero where you only work on one hero and feed everything into it, you will have a need for ascension material sooner than later in that case. But if you are doing that, I would assume you already have the materials. Otherwise, why do it?

I really do believe that you you take a deliberate approach to your leveling strategy as I mentioned above, you will ascend your heros along the same lines as you collect the materials needed to ascend them. I rarely run into situations where I’m “waiting” for materials to ascend a 5* hero. I realize I will not have 30 maxed 5* heros in 12 months! It may take 2+ yrs, but that is ok. Play with what you have and work toward the future! Don’t try to compete against players who have been playing for 4yrs. That’s not a competition. IMHO :wink:

I have been playing for 8 months and during this time they have given so few upgrades to the champions that I have a total of backward champions. I spend money and do everything, but the system gives me very bad tools. Think about it, 7 months only gave me 3 devices that I have to hit 4 for each hero … I am not going to play for 50 years until everything is complete … Please take care of the system, everything is not about giving money … I have been playing for 7 months, but it has not given 4 stars … I see other friends, even in the advertising department, it gives them good equipment, but I rarely get it. Please take care of the system so that I do not delete the game to God

It’s a long grind and about luck.

Spending money may speed it up, but to catch up for the leaderboard you’ll need 3 years of daily passion and patience or 10 thousands of bucks to make it earlier.

Hi all,

It’s a thread where you can share your experience about how the game has changed. Let me tell you my story. I have always treated this game like a real long term game without any expectations. There was a time when I would wait about 2 months for a pair of gloves. Now I spend 3 hours doing 2/2 monster/raid chests everyday. I usually get A/A+ on 10/11* titans. I could easily go to some alliance and try 13/14* titans but still I prefer to stay with my friends. It’s been 2 months and 2 days since I had last 4* item dropped from a titan. The game became really frustrating. Daily chests are full of crap just like their elemental equivalent.

And my thoughts are, am I the most unlucky person on the Earth or maybe they decreased the drop rate so bad, that it’s almost impossible to get anything. I can see here and there that people get nice loot but based on my observations, they are a real minority.

What are your thoughts about it? My guess is they dropped it so bad to force us to buy Pass and all offers with 4* items included.

2 Likes

I’ve been playing for almost 2 years. These are the materials I’ve got:
Damascus Blade: 18 - 0.75 p/month
Tome of Tactics: 15 - 0.625 p/month
Farsight Telescopes: 13 - 0.55 p/month
Mysterious Tonics: 24 - 1 p/month
Mystic Rings: 17 - 0.71 p/monh
Poison Darts: 17 - 0.71 p/monh
Royal Tabards: 17 - 0.71 p/monh

So, basically I need at least 6 months to be able to max a 5*. And the tendency has been the same for these 2 years. Actually, I had some kind of boost of Tonics in the last months, but a couple months ago I had the same amount of Tonics as of the rest of AMs.

I haven’t felt differencies on AMs during these 2 years (besides the Tonics), thing is that as a F2P, I know this tendency will continue the same until I quit. I actually need more heroes now, I have 12 free Tonics but no 5* to use them with, and I’m not desperated to get the others, as I don’t have any 5* I want to max.

2 Likes

Mats. I must have 35 hero’s standing around playing bingo or something. I’m not affraid to spend money on the game but kind of tired of being ripped off. The “get at least 2 of these, 600 gems”. $50 in gems, I think I got one sturdy shield. You starting to get greedy up there, SG? You might look at what I’ve spent here, I’ll go find another game and talk A LOT on my way.

For over 2 years, I haven’t heard a player not complaining about this thing, or than matter, etc. I have elaborated that on More Iron, with that daily amount it is impossible to keep up with the game - #16 by Ultra. Yeah, it’s cool to have those shiny, premier heroes whenever their respective summoning portal is available just to be competitive with other players, even trying to better yourself than those who have played this game months or at least a year advance than you, but I guess you have spent a sum and summoned too many heroes too soon without having those materials required for those heroes of yours to be maxed. The thing is, those materials are available from a lot of sources. I think you need to be just a bit more patient. If not, kindly signify your presence here: Farewells - MASTER List - Add your favourite past forum great or player who quit [WIKI]

It’ s not a matter of overspending. If you have 1 TC20 working all the time, plus AR coins + challenge tokens + Vallhala + TOL there are at least 18 summons per month. Add EHT… not everybody kill high level titans to get everything they need.

I would advise never spend on any of the standard featured deals that say ‘at least…’. The odds of higher level mats are low (click on the i to see). The special pop ups that guarantee a certain mat are the only ones I would recommend if you are going to buy mats

2 Likes

Did you see it was 300, then changed to 500? Do they do that a lot??

@Boril You don’t want to buy the Featured Packs from the Shop for gems. The odds of pulling one of the higher valued items is really slim. You are better off farming for items via

Tournaments
Events
Challenge Events
Quests
Mystic Vision
Raid Chest
Monster Chest
Titan rewards/chests
War rewards/chests
POVs

Remember, this is not a “rabbit” race. It is more of a “turtle” race. If you are going to spend to get the flashy new heros without already having the materials to ascend them, you will unfortunately have to wait until you finally get the material you need to ascend. There is no fast-track way to do it. Sorry. Best of luck! Keep gaming! :wink:

1 Like

They didn’t change the price. I haven’t seen the offer since. It was 500 gems straight up for a pair of gloves, which at the time, was something I had been waiting for for what seemed like forever. I wish they would repeat ascension items for gems…

I’ve posted here before and find myself back, making an appeal for 4* AMs. I’m not even asking for more, just a way to better balance the ones I have. The Alchemy lab exchange it not the answer.

I’ve been playing for 2.5 years and I’ve hit a wall with Damascus Blades. I have only came across 18 Damascus my entire time playing, and they have all been used. I have so many heroes waiting or stuck because of the lack of blades, I’m not lacking any other material.

0 Damascus
7 Tomes
16 Tonics
13 Telescopes
13 Tabards
9 Rings
5 Darts

Roughly 13-14 of the 18 Damascus blades I’ve acquired have been from Farholme Pass! So in 2.5 years I’ve gathered maybe 4-5 Damascus from titans/chests/MV/etc.

I’m an avid player, playing daily, almost always A for titans, I compete in events and find myself in the top 1000-100 across all difficulties. Can we please get more quests or event rewards that include Damascus blades (Tomes)? Since they are essential to leveling every colour, I feel like their distribution should be higher.

I hate to complain, I’m just stuck! I really love this game and spend so much time on it, but for the life of me cannot find myself around this roadblock.

It’s frustrating. And today’s offer to pick a 4* AM with 3000 gems for $40 CAD…come on now. What even is the point when I have 7 heroes waiting for blades? And the gems will hopefully get me more heroes to sit at 3/70?

I’ve spent money, I’ve played for years and I’m here for the long haul if I can just get more of the 1 AM I need to continue progressing. Several members in my alliance are at a similar spot. The stagnation will likely be what turns us all away 1 by 1.

3 Likes

But you can get a blade from that offer, so there’ll be 6 heroes waiting instead of 7 if you buy it.