Arfanias – 5* Dark / Purple - June 2022 HOTM (Hero of the Month) -- Initial Release

June 2022 HoTM Arfanias Analysis

3 Likes

Reminds me of Legolas (Orlando Bloom) Lord of the rings. Let’s hope this one is just as talented and fearless :smile:

2 Likes

I was thinking about Dark Elves from Thor II. Malekith?

2 Likes

I can see that but I’m sticking with my first choice…lol
maxresdefault-38

3 Likes

Why does he have a 75% chance to dodge as part of his special, while his class is allready rogue? So he can dodge more often? They better made him another class.

1 Like

I was excited to pull him.
As he was in my radar before being available.
Better than that, i also scored Panther.
Which will pair nicely with him!

25 Likes

Here are my thoughts on the new HOTM!

12 Likes

After waiting for kara for 31 days and finally pulling her on the last desperate free coin toss (after what must have been close to 200 pulls spread over all the portals) of the month I went back and did a 10 pull on day 1 of June and got this guy right away :slight_smile: Guess the rest of the month will be FTP as I spent more than usual in May.

Anyway of course Kara is the superstar Hotm, but this one seems quite nice as well :slight_smile: And purple sure is my weekest colour for 5 stars…

6 Likes

Anyone who had costume Sartana/ costume domitia thing to sit either in favor of this guy… i heard good things about him… But i don’t want to use tabbard on another sniper.

Just got him, he is my first 5* rogue so thats nice but now I have 3 purple 5* to max and only 8 tabards.

8 Likes

Got two of him, literally the only thing the current two portals spat out for me. Going through a deserved dry spell :joy: Hopefully one that clears by CoK :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

I fast tracked Emilio but i also ended up with Arfanias who will get levelled as soon as possible. Best way i can describe him is as the upgraded Tyr that nobody asked for :laughing:

However that isn’t a bad thing mind, as Tyr was a great hero for raiding until i had a more established and varied roster. He won a fair share of battles that would have otherwise been a loss, so an upgraded version of him is welcome.

The fact that he is rogue is neither a detriment nor redundant. Specifically this means that even with his special active, the game will first check against the 75% dodge and if that fails it will then check against the Rogues dodge next. So he gets two chances to dodge :+1: Obviously if his special is not active he still has a chance to dodge thanks to the class talent, all of this together makes him one of the most survivable heroes in the game. I wouldn’t hesitate to give him Aethers…best HotM in awhile for me

7 Likes

His elemental link could be pretty good with regular Killhare, it negates some of that -def Killhare will give to your allies… I think?

Edit: Yes it does, see:

Summary

I did 3 pulls for the Summer Solstice portal and got him, now I’m gonna have to think if I’ll save my Kalevala EHT pulls till July. Also I have only 5 tabards currently + 1 legendary ascension book, and I took Kunchen from the Soul Exchange and have Killhare+costume also waiting, so I’m not really sure when I can ascend him. But I will eventually for sure, he seems pretty nice with that dodge & and can hit quite high. But I think Killhare is just better especially with costume, and Kunchen I need for purple 5* healer.

5 Likes

Fought a team that has Arfanias LB and emblemed. He’s a nasty bastid, but only saves himself. He guys pretty hard and that dodge is strong, but if you time it right and stay patient, he’s manageable.

If he gave that 75% dodge to his nearby neighbors, then that would be a huge problem. That said, I would not put him in my defense.

3 Likes

very informative with clean example, thanks

1 Like

anyone with a picture of his stats with either emblems, limit broken or both? thanks

Just pulled him. The most dangerous enemy at a given moment is usually the one closest to firing, so his special increasing with the mana of the target is really nice. My only other purple snipers are Domitia and Sartana - no costume for either - so this is an easy call for me.

3 Likes

First pull this month got Arfanias. Kara took me about 70 pulls. I feel like SGG knew Kara was awesome and everyone wanted her so they made her really tough to get.

Yeah he’s kind of like a sniper and mana control person, meaning he can do the max damage and hopefully kill the other guy before they fire their special. I am curious to see how he will do on defense. I got him but not sure if i want to use my mats on him yet

Presuming i get him… I’ll mix him with sergei and ahhotep… Presuming they kill a hero and then add 20% mana… Maybe mix in xnolphod’s 20%… Maybe…