🧪 Early information on the June 2022 HOTM -- Arfanias [Part of The Beta Beat V48]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the June 2022 HOTM, Arfanias

All Information from Beta is Subject to Change!

Don’t get attached

Details from beta, especially brand-new beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual hero release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes are changed during beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to stats to be made.

Arfanias Beta Info & Stats (Extremely Likely to Change)

Power: 803

Attack: 782
Defense: 747
HP: 1396

Element: :new_moon_with_face: Dark (Purple)

Class: Rogue
Family: Legends 2022

Innate Resistance: Resist Health Steal Ailments
This hero has innate resistance against status ailments that steal health .

Innate Ability: Status Effect on Mana Reduction
This character gets +30% attack for 3 turns when their mana reduced

Mana Speed: Fast

Special Skill: Dagger of Shadows

• Deals 340% 360% damage to the target.
  • The more mana the enemies have, the more damage they will receive up to 550%.
  • The caster gets +75% chance to dodge Special Skills that deal damage for 3 turns.
  • Element Link gives all Dark allies +10% defense for 4 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get a HOTM?

Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that HOTM have very low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a HOTM.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 12.3% chance of summoning the HOTM.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352

Putting that in Perspective

• 27 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 270,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 229th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 229 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see the master #beta-beat thread:

12 Likes

not bad, pretty goodsniper

7 Likes

Zocc feeds the target 50% mana, this guy then nukes with 550% damage. Time to train my zocc

8 Likes

A good sniper at fast speed, as a HOTM, with rogue talent and dodge ability. Not bad, not bad at all.

5 Likes

A fast dark sniper so my mind immediately makes me use Sartana as the comparison.
340% damage with 782 is less than Sartana’s base snipe. Assuming the increased damage based on mana is linear, they’ll do an equal amount of damage when the target has >30% mana. That seems like a situation that will happen fairly often.
The dodge, elemental link, and passives will all make him better than Sartana.

So that’s a good start. But is it good enough? If you’ve got a costume on Sartana, both versions will do more damage, but the versatility is still probably an improvement.

The key to Arfainas will be the 75% dodge. Add rogue talent on top and his true dodging chances are 80% for those three turns. Even if you hit him, he’ll have +10% defense in the mean time!

I don’t see him being that useful on defense for top players. But the 75% dodge will be nice for many players. Can Arfainas be a one man comeback hero?

The passives are meh. What health stealers are there? Morgan Le Fay? I assume it doesn’t include healing stealing. Extra attack on mana reduction is nice, but direct mana reduction isn’t as common as it once was.

I’d level him if I got him, but I’m more excited by Kara. For now I’ll settle for leveling duplicate C.Victor and C.Sartana.

13 Likes

This one looks interesting… Much better than the July HoTM…

This looks like more attractivr HOTM , due some of them áre not competitive , and others ones get rush due appeared long time ago, the Dodge skill is always a plus as Hanitra she is pain in the a…

SG: “this could be Arfainas hour!” :rofl:

8 Likes

So being a rogue (max +20% chance to dodge direct damage from offensive special skills) and +75% chance to dodge special skills that do damage, this guy will dodge for 3 turns almost every damage skill

1 Like

those innate abilities are getting weirder every month. Seems like they have random effects divided in two pots, the “what happens”-pot and the “if this happens”-pot. They casually extract the random effects, combine them and VOILA’: Innate ability for the hotm.
That aside, it seems he could have some use.

4 Likes

This new Hotm’s are uhhhh way to week comparing with real deal top 100.

1 Like

Pretty much agree with the comprehensive and well-written review of @Ruskin505

I have a question though:

“The caster gets +75% chance to dodge Special Skills that deal damage for 3 turns” - does this mean they dodge the entire special skills if it includes dealing damage or only dodges the damage but is still affected by the rest of the skill (like it happens with the Rogue evade)

For example, if he his hit by Milena’s second special - does he dodge both the damage and the dispell or only the damage, but is still affected by the dispell? If the latter is true, it not so great.

4 Likes

Looks alright …if i get ill max 5* dark is low got 24 tabards …will be handy for moi … Rouge emblems can give some too …

So far it seems that he is able to dodge a complete special if that special has a damage part in it.

What I encountered was telluria for example. Her special does damage and applies -% mana generation. When Arfanias dodged the damage, he also seems to dodge the -% mana generation.

So bottem line, heroes that have damage together with dispell in their special can be dodged. Heroes like Sonya and Caedmon for example. However a dispell without damage, Costume Vivica for example, cannot be dodged by Arfanias. Wether this is intended or not I’m not sure, but currently it works like this.

I don’t know what happens if a special dispells before applying damage, heroes like Phileas Fogg who dispells before applying damage. This would need some further testing.

4 Likes

Thank you for checking! This is very good to know, especially considering how underwhelming Jade’s dodge for damage only proved to be so far

So I tested a little bit more with Amentrine (she dispells before she hits) and with the 10 tries I did, her special was not dodged once. It did get evaded a couple of times due Arfanias Rogue Talent.

I think it is quite safe to say that whenever Arfanias dodge status ailment is active and she dodges damage, she’ll also dodge the remainder of the skill.

What I mean by this is that some heroes have multiple things happening in their skill that happen one by one.

• Sonya first does some damage, then she dispells.
  • Amentrine first dispells and then does some damage
  • Telluria first does damage, then summons minions, then gives HoT, then applies -% mana gen and lastly applies the elemental link.

I think whenever Arfanias gets hit by a special and he dodges it, she’ll get hit by everything up to the damage part and dodges everything after the special part. Almost all heroes that do damage do this as their first part in their special so this would not apply to a lot of heroes.

Edit: I’m pretty sure this is how the dodge works. Grimble works the same way against the dodge. Arfanias with his dodge ailment active plus a LotL minion. Grimble removed the minion but the damage got dodged by the ailment.

3 Likes

but then she attacks the target and based on mana does extra damage to other enemies as well? I don’t understand the description :see_no_evil:

The damage is based on the mana. If the target has 0% mana, he will deal 340% damage, if it’s 100% he will deal 550%. It is scalable

Ah ok :face_with_monocle: thanks :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:…because in the description is write "they " and i was really confuse :joy:

I fully support adding Baron Afanas to the game.

Oh wait.

Well this fellow looks alright too.

1 Like