Are we heading to Pay2Win? Plus, other concerns

Do we have any evidence that the odds are “going sideways […] and it’s taking ever more money to get the event 5* and HotM than it used to”? I don’t think we do - I certainly haven’t seen it. And we do have @Sara’s post:

That seems unambiguous. So either the devs are just liars (if I believed this I’d quit immediately) or this isn’t a real problem. I do not think it is a real problem.

Okay, but do we have any evidence that F2P and C2P are falling ever further behind? I haven’t seen any. And my personal experience is that I have still spent a grand total of £2.99, I’m still training 5* heroes regularly, I’m still collecting a nice stream of ascension materials, and I still stumble into the top 10 from time to time without trying. I’m pretty sure I could crack #1 again if I set my mind to it.

So am I falling behind? It doesn’t seem like it. I certainly don’t feel any pressure to spend - though I do feel pangs of guilt that I’ve had 18 months of competitive gameplay for the price of an espresso.

4 Likes

Its just your opinion and a lifestyle I assume waiting for years to get competitive. So you dont see any changes in elemental loots also as other players claim?
I think its something wrong with their mechanics in the game as I play almost 3 month and have Magni, Alaise, Isarnia 3/70 and many other ice 5* heroes like rumpel that I would like to fully ascend but unable - I skip every chest possible in diamond area with gems, hitting titans in the top100 alliance 10-12*, mystic visions, rare quests, AND even bought every possible 3k gems store offers with 4* AM available(5*600). After all tries I have only 5 telescopes and no tome of tactics at all. So no, thank you but I like to play fast and get competitive asap. So after many donations of total 3000$+ in 3 month I would not spend anymore till there will be any changes in getting AM. I hope they will add some features to increase chances in season2 otherwise I quit the game for sure.

I don’t have an opinion about whether the drop rate from elemental chests has changed: I have not logged my own experiences and have not paid particular attention to the data other players have collected. But certainly if SG says, “We have not changed the loot drop rates except when communicated in build notes”, then I think it is reasonable to assume that loot drop rates have only changed as communicated in the build notes. Seems uncontroversial.

I was competitive in less than a year, btw - about eight or ten months - at almost no cost. Well, when I say I was “competitive” - I mean that I was very good at some aspects of the game (raiding, in particular) although weaker at others (Titan hitting - though I’ve since improved). And frankly, you’re doing pretty well to pick up an espresso for £2.99 in London these days, so I think it’s fair to say that I got this far for less than the price of a cup of coffee.

Your experience is an excellent illustration of one of the key virtues of E&P: you can’t buy success. After 3 months you’re still a relative baby in the game, and while I applaud your spending and thank you for funding my experience, I like that my grinding over time has built a much stronger team than your cash can. The game is not P2W yet.

6 Likes

Can I get every hotm without spending money? No!
Can I get a place in the top 100 without money? No!
Can I get one of the first 100 positions in the events without money?
No!
Is an alliance with 30 f2p gamers able to get a place in the top 100 alliances?
No!
Is somebody without money able to do the highest titan damage?
No!
This game is p2w. It was not at the beginning, but it is now p2w. That means, we are not heading to Pay2Win, we are there.

If someone thinks otherwise, please explaine in which aspect of the game someone is able to win without spending money?

Thank you SG for the season 1 reward. I am really satisfied with it. Yes, I am serious. It is a worthy price for completing it.

12 Likes

i don’t remember getting farmable AM materials in elemental chests when i started playing, and no in this case i don’t believe what the staff member from SG wrote, i do keep track of the mats i get from elemental chests btw

It’s extremely unlikely - you would need to be very lucky. Of course, you’d also need to be very lucky to get every HOTM by spending money. HOTM are supposed to be rare and difficult to get, you see.

Yes, quite easily.

Yes, although you’d need to be both very good and very committed. (I’m neither.) Zero famously spends almost nothing on events.

Yes, of course.

Yes, of course.

Raids, Titans, wars, events (with difficulty) and farming. Probably Mystic Vision too, I figure.

The game is not, and has never been, P2W. We can tell this because for every post complaining about how unfair the game is for F2P players, there’s a post complaining about how unfair the game is for P2W players (see @MakeSGGreatAgain, above).

2 Likes
  1. What is it that the SG staff member wrote that you do not believe?
  2. Why don’t you believe it?
  3. If you sincerely think SG staff are lying to players, do you intend to keep playing the game?
1 Like

I feel sorry for you bro, you have to know the price of your real lifetime. The time you wasted on the game to be competitive as you say (many doubts give us your nickname ingame) by grinding hard I was able to enjoy my time in different way for example by making money in real life. I like this game to play from time to time, but I like to be competitive as well and not waiting for 3 month to max lvl a single 5* hero.
So yeah, maybe this game is not suitable for me (which is really doubtful from SG prospective as their main goal is a money) I just say imho there is something wrong with their model of getting AM aspecially for players like me that dont give a f to pay and to get asap all goodies. So be happy bro, wish you all the best :slight_smile:

I think we play different games as all your answers wrong from reality.
Zero afaik invested in this game something like 11k$ so to be competitive in events you have to donate anyways

1 Like

You say you’ve paid $3000 in three months, so I would say that SG’s model is working quite well, especially on people like you who “dont give a f to pay and to get asap all goodies”. You’re happy to pay and I’m happy to grind - everyone is a winner! Go with my best wishes.

Not everyone … think about SG they will loose player like me. I dont wish everything to buy in this game immiedetly I just say they have to change their current model so players will feel fair enough with their efforts.

Nice to see you again mustache-cat.
Some things never change.

Not argue with you on the competitive aspect, i know very well what you think.
But on elemental chest is a little different.

I WANT to believe in what Sara has said, but the fact that elemental chest is changed over time is not even a doubt, is just a fact.
So i really like an explanation on that.

There’s many loyal and good players asking for this and other things.
Saying nothing don’t help them, neighter us.

3 Likes

Are my answers “wrong from reality”? I’m a top 100 player (three times top overall, top 10 or 20 each week without trying), I’m among the top few players in a top 100 alliance (so I’m guessing 30 of me would do okay), and I score top Titan damage in the alliance from time to time (despite Titans not being my strength). And while events are not really my thing, I note that Zero was very clear in his posts that he spends nothing on events - whether he spent to build his team is a different question, but having beaten Zero more than once I can testify that his team is not so impressive.

And I’ve spent £2.99. So I feel like I’m seated fairly firmly in reality.

I haven’t been paying close attention to elemental chests, however:

1. I haven’t seen anyone post any decent contents tracking. (Perhaps I just haven’t been paying attention.) Like any other aspect of the game, I’m unwilling to accept what players perceive is happening - our perception is terrible.

2. Regardless, I don’t believe Sara said that the contents had not changed: she said that all loot drop rate changes have been “communicated in build notes”. So…

3. Has anyone bothered checking the build notes?

2 Likes

Well said I agree I love the game and some thing are just hard to get and I’m getting frustrated instead of enjoying the game like I used to I used to get summons tokens in the game I don’t even know when the last time I had a epic token or a color chest I’m not gonna pay to play I’ll find another game to play

2 Likes

I decided to finally try 10 pulls on the hotm and man, worst decision. I know its not a lot and its a gamble but I was so disappointed, never again. Bunch of bad copies of 3* such as Dawa (I know, its bad) Some Banes, which is not too bad I suppose, and one 4* so bad, probably will never use, maybe on my 4th lineup heh. Then i said heck ill do 3 more pull on the fire hotm…3 x Jahangir. I couldn’t beleive it. Bad luck? For sure but dmn. What im thinking is the devs are working on other games with the money they are making on this one. Nothing wrong with that, its logical. I said this before but it seems they are milking it bad to finance other projects. And now it will be even more expensive to pull. With the prospect of getting bad fodders, obsolete heroes, in no shape or form im tempted to repeat that experience. 13 pulls is nothing for most of you guys, it was enough for me. If only I had pulled 1 solid hero, Just one good 4*. Still not a single warm cape as well for what now, 3 months? :cow2: Im about done here :potato:

2 Likes

Yes we checked and there’s no mention of it, except the vague “small bugs fixed” part that appear in every update and can be everything and nothing. Guess something major like this can’t stay in there.
And if they think this is a small bug not even worth to mention then… we have a problem.

And nope, would be nice if it was just some kind of distorted perception, but we are talking of many experienced players that tracking their items.

Maybe Sara forget about that.
Maybe they don’t count elemental chest as “loot”.
Maybe there’s a convenient bug that they don’t bother to fix.
I don’t know.
But something was happen for sure, and we just asking explanations.

Not really a great request in my eyes.

4 Likes

We know from her statement that adjustments to loot drop rates have been mentioned in build notes - so have we identified those mentions? This would be a useful starting point in determining how changes are described and might indicate how elemental chests are viewed.

1 Like

There is nothing in the build notes. Please let me know if you find something.

This all about transparency why do we have to search this adjustments as well tell any reason to hide this kind of information as well other mechanics of the game why do not make it open source for players?

Is it very hard to make a clear reply to the concerns and feedback from players in this thread? Do you agree and accept their relation to the community?

As player, do you think its ok as current system running for getting AM?