Any chance to have a couple more tournament rules

I think most people enjoy tournaments. What I miss, is more diversity in rules (just slight more), so more different heroes have a chance to shine. Thats why I introduce two new rules :

NEUTRALIZER

• Buff durations are reduced by 2 rounds (also undispellable)
  • Ailment durations are reduced by 1 round (also undispellable)
  • Spell dmg, slash attacks, tile dmg, healings are reduced by 15%

Who benefit such rules :

• direct healers / who ever picks normal rigard currently if you have his costume?,…)
  • Normal Quintus and such heroes is now more usable than some other hero with ailments in his kit and less dmg…
  • Any heroes who hurt themselves ( Lady woolerton, springvale,…)
  • Strong heroes like Gravemaker, Finley, Ursena, Jabberwock, Telluria, any ailment or buffer hero (taunters for example) are hurt by it and gives you reasons to go for other heroes in their stead…
  • Queen of hearts, Baldur, etc,… would be very strong here, since they abilities which arent affected by duration, but rather by something else (card HP, boosted hp)
  • Jott, Rattatoskr, Karnov would also benefit since their boost comes from tiles on board, not duration, same for S4 heroes.
  • Villain heroes with buff duration ability decrease (this would stack up) // Basically they could negate any buff which last for 3 turns (2+1)!!

HOLY GROUNDS

• All healings are increased by 15%
  • All heroes have revive chance increased by 10% ( fighters or revive heroes like Alberich have those 10% added (+) to their normal %

Who would benefit :

• All heroes who have healing in their kit ( Anzogh, Musashi, Tyr (!!! + bonus with revive), Elkanen, Fenrir,…
  • All heroes who have healing decrease (Fura, Sand Heroes, Perseus) // very rarely used heroes //
  • Reviving heroes.

These two rules would add much more excitement and diversity , while still keeping max number of rules at (5) - proper medium between diversity and stability :slight_smile:

VOTE and make it know to SG! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like the ideas and the tournaments should finally get some redesign.

Your idea for holy ground sounds funny indeed but to be honest ists mostly just the opposite of bloody battle.
Maybe it would be just very much funnier to call it:

• all %-chances heroes have are increased by 25%, this does include talents.
    In that case f.e. misandre could be funny with 67% change to jump further.
    Some dodging heroes are insanely strong here, so are the revivers. All abilities like revive, blood, dodge, manashield, pierce and so on… could be very funny :wink:

Besides that i vote for:

• Alliance tournament scores should be calculated and some fair rewards should be given. (Another possibility to stop alliance hopping)
    -The rule of 4 losing battles should be taken out (the rewards go on the top ranking in %, so insee the 75 gems as a full and total moneymaker, nothing more. It is not needed in any way)
  • maybe even some kind of long time rewards for long time players
2 Likes

I fully support idea of alliance score for tourneys as some more encouragement for long time players!

About holly grounds, while I see your point of reverse bloody battle (never thought of that), it encourages completely new selection of heroes.

I would like to share observation with you:

All the current tournament rules make the battles faster than vanilla raids. No healing, stronger buffs, or more frequent skills - all make the battle shorter.
Both your suggested rules make the battles last longer. Stronger healing, weaker status effects - both make the battle longer.

Good point I guess…

Both tourney can get tweaked to achieve same goal. I will do that during the day

There, I updated the rules, so play time wouldnt be prolonged :slight_smile:

NEUTRALIZER

• Buff durations are reduced by 2 rounds (also undispellable)
  • Ailment durations are reduced by 1 round (also undispellable)
  • For every ailment/buff reduced, spell dmg is increased by 5% after end of each round, stacking (both sides use same bonus).

Who benefit such rules :

• direct healers / who ever picks normal rigard currently if you have his costume?,…)
  • Normal Quintus and such heroes is now more usable than some other hero with ailments in his kit and less dmg…
  • Any heroes who hurt themselves ( Lady woolerton, springvale,…)
  • Strong heroes like Gravemaker, Finley, Ursena, Jabberwock, Telluria, any ailment or buffer hero (taunters for example) are hurt by it and gives you reasons to go for other heroes in their stead…
  • Queen of hearts, Baldur, etc,… would be very strong here, since they abilities which arent affected by duration, but rather by something else (card HP, boosted hp)
  • Jott, Rattatoskr, Karnov would also benefit since their boost comes from tiles on board, not duration, same for S4 heroes.
  • Villain heroes with buff duration ability decrease (this would stack up) // Basically they could negate any buff which last for 3 turns (2+1)!!

HOLY GROUNDS

• All healings are increased by 15%
  • All heroes have revive chance increased by 10%. After 1 succesful revive (non ability, bonus is removed) ( fighters or revive heroes like
  • Each healed hero is ‘‘blessed’’ with 10% dmg increase overall for 3 turns, each revived hero is blessed with 30% dmg increase overall for 3 turns. But hero can use 10+30% buff to overal dmg (healing + revive combined)

Who would benefit :

• All heroes who have healing in their kit ( Anzogh, Musashi, Tyr (!!! + bonus with revive), Elkanen, Fenrir,…
  • All heroes who have healing decrease (Fura, Sand Heroes, Perseus) // very rarely used heroes //
  • Reviving heroes.
  • Fighter talent class

I am humbled by your effort to address my comment. Kudos!

1 Like

How about integrating the new formations into tournaments and/or wars?

Your assesment was fair, respect is mutual :v:

1 Like

How about tournaments for 3-4-5* heroes with original hero base stats? No emblems, no costumes and only a rainbow attack team allowed.

Casted my vote. I was thinking previously of wars where the modifier is that the heroes used in both offense and defense, the talent and added stats are not effective. I was also thinking of wars where the heroes used both in offense and defense are only those at their 3/60 or 3/70, or on the tier prior to the last tier of ascension.

Or you can an any-hero-welcome tournament with bigger restrictions to Team Cost. For example, a tournament with a total team cost of 45. Or 60.

1 Like

I like the idea of rainbow teams. This can be made by adding additional ailments to second (and further) heroes of the same colour in team, e.g. permanent unremovable decrease of attack.

I’ve been using rainbow teams recently just for a change from stack/mono teams. It’s been fun and challenging, makes you really think about the team you want to bring for a win. Maybe rainbow matching tournament based on opponent lineup, 3-4-5*, or even a combo of the three type heroes, no emblems, no costumes.

Yes, I agree in principle that we need more tournament rules. It would make the game much more interesting. The current rules are getting a little dull…

The most compelling idea to me is the use of a MAX TEAM COST. Team cost is the most irrelevant number in the game and it would be nice for it to have an occasional purpose. There are rare occasions where I blend heroes of multiple star ratings on a team (like ToL or Ninja Tower). The synergy between some heroes of different star ratings can be quite good and I think it would be good for the game to have a regular avenue to encourage players to blend 3*/4*/5* heroes together on a team. Cheers!

2 Likes

I was reading (and reminiscing)through some old 2018 posts about hero grades and thought it might be fun to have a raid tournament where your are only able to use season 1 heros. I thought it would be fun to remember the good ole badass heros that we all once loved and maybe don’t use or use as much anymore. Just a fun thought.

1 Like

Develop another set of rules and combine 2 rules and up to 2 color restrictions randomly for each tournament.

Additionally team cost limits that will force us to combine different rarities of heroes to get a full team def.

Remove troop restrictions for all tournaments.

1 Like

Yes, please. Players have been asking for more tournament rules for a long time. It would really make the game more fun.

1 Like

My tournament idea:

• Mix all heroes in the battle every 5 turn: Meaning, every 5 turn, we will get some heroes from the enemies side, while some of our heroes are switched to the enemy side. So we will get an oppurtunity to play with enemy’s heroes, while fighting some of our own heroes on the enemy side.