• only certain tier (ascension)
  • absolutely unleveled
  • single gender
  • only healers and HoT
  • given tank element
  • only rainbow (no stacks)

Imo better than 1*/2* tourneys…

Do you have other interesting rules?

I really like those rule suggestions. 1* and 2* tournaments have no appeal to me.

2 Likes

Cool ideas, there are definitely a lot of fun possibilities out there. Classic heroes only would be fun too.

2 Likes

I like those much more than 1 or 2* tournaments.

1 Like

I really like the idea to add more variation. However, we tend to see things from an advanced player’s point of view and maybe oversee that most players don’t have a sufficiently wide choice of heroes and would be extremely limited with several of the suggestions.
I can also understand the need for low level tournaments so that beginners and very casual players have their chance to compete once in a while. 1* tournaments are pointless, but I’d accept an occasional 2* tourney for that reason.

• max team cost

Great idea. Leaves a lot of space for strategic planning and if the TP limit is not too high, most players can compete.

• only one class

Too limiting for most players. Those with the widest hero roster would win.

• single color

Same + playing would be boring to always be forced to play mono + mono is too dependent on luck amd much less on skill

However, I’d really like a red/green/blue only tournament or maybe a yellow/purple only (better RGB than YP as there are much more options)

• only certain mana speed

Same

• no talent

Could be interesting if all heroes could be used and only the talent (and costume) bonus would be “turned off” for the tournament. Would also level the player field and make tournaments more accessible to newer players.

• only certain tier (ascension)

Not good. Apart from whales and maybe very advanced players, most only have few heroes at an “in-between” state, either because they lack mats or are currently leveling this hero. Would just limit the choice too much without adding strategic options for most players

• absolutely unleveled

Same here. Whales and long-term players have a lot of unleveled 4* and 5* either for later use or for Hero Academy. New and intermediate players unless they pay a lot for summons have almost no unleveled 4* and 5* heroes.

• single gender

Could be an option. Wouldn’t be too limiting.

• only healers and HoT

Hard for less advanced players to keep up. There are only very few healers lower than 4*. So, only 4* or 5* tournaments would make sense for this rule. However, whales and very advanced players would then have an incredible advantage.

• given tank element

Would just be a disadvantage for people with limited choice.

• only rainbow (no stacks)

Interesting option that would force players to think of other strategies without limiting the options.

I’m in favour of ideas that requires thinking of different strategies without making it close to impossible for heroes with limited rosters to be at least somewhat competitive.

2 Likes

Some rules would limit some players drastically and that’s exactly my intention. Sometimes one had to deal with a challenging rule. Why not?

Nevertheless new rules should be balanced to invite all players.

1 and 2 star tournaments but give/loan us the fully leveled heroes. One of each. Can only be used in the rt and then they disappear at the end of the week. No talents.

Absolutely everyone is then on an equal footing and it’s up to them to choose and play well.

No one is “forced” to invest in them. No spots on hero roster is used.

Egos will be bruised.

One of each rarity would be fun.

1* 2* 3* 4* 5* on the same def.

What of those who have no 5*? Would they be able to use a second 4*/3*/2*/1* as a filler/replacement?

1 Like

Yes, for sure or even 5 1* :wink:

Power Up Heroes

I played Marvel Puzzle Quest for a couple years but dropped it in favor of E&P. There was one feature that was a very fun variant of normal gameplay that could be utilized in Empires with as much, or more, success.

Each week, various selected 3/4/5* each get a power up buff that raises their levels and strength. 3* become more like 4* and 4* like 5*'s. And 5*'s will kill you if you look at them wrong.

The enemies are also powered up. If you have the selected heroes-- whether 1 or 2 or a whole team-- it makes beating the puzzle significantly easier than not have the powerup heroes.

This can apply to pve and raids (maybe titans too?). Same heroes powered up. So-- Say I have Sir Lancelot, Skittleskull, Agwe, Mokarr, (less used/appreciated heroes) and it happens to be a powerup week for them, we can finally use them for something other than collecting digital dust. But say it’s Seshat, BK or Telluria’s week… it’s gonna be a fun week.

I believe it would be a fun way to engage or re-engage the players with minimal effort on SG’s part. There is already s3, weekly tournaments, raids, and titans… which is all great. And it seems adding another element to the game could really fill up your day. This addition would add flavor without adding too much more time sink.

SG could definitely generate extra revenue by creating a new desire in the players to level more heroes for use. Because each week a new batch of heroes will be more useful for every aspect of the game. And if you happen to not have any of the featured heroes that week, that provides incentive to pull more or invest more time and resources to level the less desired ones.

It would give great satisfaction for players to have the firepower to take on the meta tanks and teams with the wonderful assortment of heroes E&P has to offer, but never get to use. And It would add a new element of strategy to engage the players.

I’m just not too sure how keen SG is to “copy” another game like that. And it’s probably pointless bringing the idea up but why not.

Have a great day! :grin:

1 Like

I like it, especially if the power ups are prioritized for season 1 heroes.

The one risk I see is giving ursena or gravemaker or wocky powerups. That would just break the game…
no real need to ever make those heroes better.

2 Likes

Ha, yeah, that’s one thing that will be tricky to balance. If one is p/u then the other stronger heroes have to be a different week. And just how much havoc a p/u Ursena or GM can wreak would be interesting to see.

1 Like

I’m all for these ideas, but I want them applied to wars!

3 Likes

A dedicated hero for each tour, event, seasonal and/or war with a 20% power up would be cool. Maybe it should only apply on attack to leave it fair.

2 Likes

Ah yes, I forgot about war! On one hand it could be unfair, on the other hand it makes sense for the deeper rosters to have advantages. Personally, I think it would up our strategy games so it would be welcomed.

Tournament Idea - Unpopular Heroes Only

I am making this proposal on behalf of Dawa, Greymane, Prisca, Renfeld… and heroes who are like them.

These are the heroes that most of us will feed away without hesitation. But the world does not have to be so cruel to them. We need to show them kindness and love. Can we have a tournament where only the universally unpopular heroes are allowed? We could first have a vote to decide what these heroes are.

I know this is a very stretched idea. I am just trying to find a way to give every hero a chance to shine.

The trouble with an idea like this is how would you define unpopular. Every hero in the game has lovers and haters. I have faced all of the heroes you mentioned in Raid tourneys.

1 Like

they call this ‘rush attack’ and heroes like skittles and quintos become popular. :wink:

1 Like

Yer, rush attack really helps out the likes of Gil Ra, hi tao and skittles :grin:

I even used agwe twice today cos he’s pretty brutal on top of Wilbur