Any chance to have a couple more tournament rules

And even worse as they are using only 32 out of the 54 possible combinations. So a 3* Rush Attack No fire never shows up…just an example.

1 Like

I completely agree that more and more elite tournaments may discourage lower levels, this could be addressed by having 2 tournament tiers? One targeted at lower players and bringing back the 2 star tourneys (with lesser loot obviously!) and one for more advanced players with some of the new options

1 Like

Corellia’s Champion
All season 1 heroes have a perpetual +25% mana generation.

Tournament players usually avoid using season 1 heroes in their team because season 1 heroes are weaker. Increasing the mana charge speed of season 1 heroes will increase their overall strength and thus encourage players to use season 1 heroes (training camp heroes) in their team.

Under Corellia’s Champion the mana charge speed of season 1 heroes will improve as follows:
a. Slow becomes average
b. Average becomes fast
c. Fast becomes very fast

Imagine Grimm, Gormek and Tiburtus being fast.
Imagine Boldtusk, Kiril and Rigard being fast.
The rule makes the otherwise lacklustre season 1 heroes very competitive.

2 Likes

Rainbow Rage
Each hero gets a perpetual +10% attack for each colour among allies that is not the same as the hero’s colour. It stacks with other attack buffs.

If your team has 4 colours, your heroes each gets a perpetual +30% attack.
If your team has 3 colours, your heroes each gets a perpetual +20% attack.
If your team has 2 colours, your heroes each gets a perpetual +10% attack.
If your team mono-coloured, your heroes do not get the attack buff.

2 Likes

Vandeta Vision
Each hero gets a +25% chance to do critical hit for each dead ally.

If you destroy the opposing team one hero at a time, the opposing team’s damage output will increase for an insane amount.

Players will have to build their team that is adapted to kill off the opposing team in one explosive round. Players must learn to hold from casting a single readied skill and wait for all the heroes to have their skills readied before casting it all in a single round.

Another viable strategy is continuous damage. Build a team that do a combination of burn, poison, wound, water and/or wind damage. Injure the opposing heroes slowly until you can destroy all of them in one swoop.

We have tournaments for 3-star through 5-star heroes, where people bring their best max-level heroes to the battle.

How about a test run of something a little bit different: 3-60 or 3-70 tournaments! Details follow:

3-70 tournament: You can bring any hero, and you can use any troops, just like a normal 5* tournament. Only catch is, if you bring a 5* hero that is ascended beyond 3-70, then it is treated as if it were 3-70 - its has lower max values for attack, health, etc. and no talents it may have are counted while it is in tournament battles.

So for this… what 5* heroes would you bring along, even if you can only have them at 3-70? Or do you think 4* with emblems would dominate this tournament? It might be interesting to see what combinations people come up with!

3-60 tournament: You can bring anything up to 4* heroes (no 5* allowed in this one), and up to 3* troops; similar to above, if you bring a 4* that is ascended past 3-60, it will be treated as if it were 3-60 - lower max values for attack, health, etc. and no talents it may have are counted while it is in tournament battles.

Same here… do you have any awesome 4* that would be good enough at 3-60 to bring along instead of maxed and emblemed 3* heroes here?

Just a wacky idea that popped into my head. These tourneys might get people able to use some of those heroes they’ve been stuck waiting to ascend, desperately hoping for just ONE. MORE. MAT!

Good gaming!

2 Likes

Some other ideas:

Tournaments by Team Cost. Lower it from 130 to something like 90 and get mixed 4s and 5s. Change it up.

No-Emblems tournament. All heroes act as if they have no emblems.

Class Tournaments. If you can do a Trial, you can do a Tournament.

Eliminate more than one color.

Only male / only female heroes (why not - let’s just have fun).

Defenders Battle - tile damage decreases with stacking!

3 Likes

There needs to be more in tournaments now, I suggest we remove the specials from the heroes and/or only buffs or only ailments as one of the tournament choices.

Also

Remove a second element, it might make it harder or easier but it will be a change to make playing more interesting.

1 Like

Afternoon Crimson, I’ve put this with the master list of new tournament ideas :+1:

Hope you’re well, dude :wink:

1 Like

Thanks, doing well hope you are too. Did a search but didn’t see this thread, don’t think i had the right words in the search.

1 Like

How about “ladies only” tournaments and “gentlemen only” tournaments, where your team must be made up entirely of female or male heroes, respectively?

1 Like

Placing in top 1, or top 100 or top 15k means all the same…my suggestion make RTs more exciting and competitive, is to include loot tier classes like events.

Like top 1 gets guaranteed specific loot. Top 10 also, but lower loot than what top 1 gets.
Top 100 should either get a lower specific loot than top 10 or better roll odds than the current rolls of top 1%.

It’s becoming boring due to lack of competition…now I don’t care if I score in top 100,1k or 15k cause I’ll end up in top 1% anyway.

What do you think guys?

So, in a nutshell, you’re suggesting more loot, or at least guaranteed loot, will encourage more competition?!

Really?! :thinking: Using a variety of heros that have been levelled and never used, is fun.

2 Likes

i think the loot classes night need more refining though.
this might encourage people to spend more gems to fight for top 1, but also geg more people to join in as they can at least be guarenteed something, even if it is not useful at the time.

Ya, where’s the competition if I don’t really care if I rank 1k or 10 thousands ranks lower?

Ranking at the top ain’t easy and should have better rewards. By increasing rewards like events people will care if they rank 10k or in top 10.

What’s fun about just using heroes? This is a competitive game in all its aspects. From alliance ranking, to titan scores and events scores. Everything is about competitiveness

Me personally, completing trials is fun because it forces you to use different heros. I find tournaments the same, because again you are forced to use / not use specific heros and think outside the box. It’s definitely NOT boring.

So…, You want tournaments to have better rewards! I get it.

Would increasing the loot rewards change the enjoyment of tournaments for me. No. But everyone is entitled to their perspective.

GL

just increase the loot for the existing tiers.
we’ve got events ninja tower and soon mythic titans that will all be doing that type of tiered scoring.
I see too many other pressing issues with the tourney than reworking the entire loot dispensation framework.
I wouldnt be vehemently against it. just think they’re too common to be assigning big, GUARANTEED loot.
plus theres less profit motive so doubt itll happen lol.

Buying yourself back in with gems should be removed. Or at least there should be occasional tournaments without gems revive.

But obviously thats not gonna happen.

Idea for tournament or war special rules: All vampirism (including folks like Anzogh and Elk) is doubled or maybe just increased by 50%.

Thoughts?

Color stacking is common to the point where I don’t think in terms of :rainbow: teams anymore. What about a rainbow :rainbow: tournament or war restriction? Defensive and offensive teams must be rainbow (at most one of each color).

It would making attacking harder, so maybe better for wars than tournaments, but it would make an interesting alternative

2 Likes