Another player leaves

Well just after this post I earned the right to be a regular. :blush:

Thanks

1 Like

If thats a decision made from IRL problems then it’s not a good choice, it is THE BEST choice.
Who cares about this whole thing in the first place then?
It’s just a game.

But i hope that this “last message” of yours reach the right persons, if that’s your intent.

What else to say? Good luck.

1 Like

Find a nice alliance and never visit global chat.

If you are leaving due to a real life issue I wont presume to offer any advice or opinion as those are choices we all make on our own. If you are leaving over feeling ostracised by some group or several groups over something so trivial as what you described in your example. You are better off without that negativity and the people that perpetuate it. If you find yourself in continual conflicts with others and tend to run from them then it may be time to look at yourself

==So many paywalled/ RNG locked heroes==

This is unfortunately aggravated by Devs marketing and development plans, especially new heroes like HotM, challenge events, seasonal events, etc.

While strategic leveling is good, I am always leveling one rainbow bow team with matching 1* heroes and a second rainbow team with matching 2*/ 3* and the occasional 4* hero- for a total of ten heroes being leveled based on their current special skill 1/8 to 8/8.

==Taking a break==

I found taking a 4 month break from any play ( losing 3600 daily gems), looking at my 3*/ 4* heroes with fresh eyes, ignoring my 5* heroes, and concentrating on my gaps in my rainbow 4* hero team helped a lot even though I had an awesome alliance that was always there for me and Gryphonkit, my wife.

I cannot imagine going through :poop: like that with a poor alliance.

==Good people ==

If you decide to come back, there are a lot of good people here.

If you had these problems, my wife had similar problems and I had similar problems, there are surely thousands of players with similar problems.

Finding them can be tough, but they are out there.

Anyone lurking on this topic, it’s okay to take a break, it’s okay to get frustrated. In the end it is only a game.

==Notes==

So, @SocialPariah, you sound pretty conflicted about leaving friends and leaving the game. If you are sure, delete the game and go with many best wishes.

I have Troll Akademi, and I am willing to warehouse your current player as co leader so you can always change your mind and it is there for you.

Good luck

Line ID: DiceTroll

Sounds like you’ve simply been unlucky with your alliance(s)? Not every alliance is a drama theatre. Ours is drama free, friendly, mature and competitive without being overbearing. That’s not to say we never had an occasional problem with anyone, but that’s inevitable with any grouping of random 30 people. If you change your mind and your main team is at least 3500 or close to it, look up Unified Revengers. We have two spots open right now. You then can continue enjoying the game and we’ll be closer to getting back to top 100. Win win :wink:

If your main reason to leave the game after 18 months is bad luck in the alliances, why not making your own???

I think that if you are here, talking to the people of the forum, you have not made your final decision, otherwise you would simply leave.

I belong to a group of friends with 2 alliances, main and one “school” we use to develop, or simply enjoy other accounts wihtout pressures of any kind.

Actually the only pressure there is in the main alliance is to KILL THE TITAN, if you do it with 5 Gravemakers, or one Bane and one Tuck, that is entirely up to you.

If you are interested, I can give you the info.

if not, good luck and farewell.

I am not following and have gotten the idea even if you are in an alliance you are alone no one seems to respond to questions or to actually communicate or even work against a Tipton or other team sorry am seeing a gripe that seems not true is more likely the game making you fight against your own team I might be wrong but not going to waste any more time/money on a multiplayer game that is basically a silo gig was fun for a while but not worth the headaches

Just lost 3 more long time members in the this week and 5 this month alone to the endless grind of the game.

These players have all been playing fir over a year and in levels over 40.

The problem is you get to point where summoning becomes pointless because you already have way to many heros waiting in line to build up, mats never come so the interest if leveling diminishes down to to the point where it becomes pointless.

Getting mats is so extremely slow that tons of heros just never get anywhere.

Once all your buildings are completed all you have left to do is collect dust and try to find a reason for staying in the game.

These players where extremely active players loving this game but a game is suppose to be fun NOT frustrating and annoying and niw these players are over it and have moved in to other games.

SG should really look into doing something about the grind and rethink their own strategy on the matter as grind is good but months on end with getting nowhere is just plain old boring, frustrating and eventually you get disgraced with it and move on to something that has some ompth in it as E&P completely loses it’s ompth after a few months when you start to see that it will take years to achive nothing.
The other side of this is these were’re all spenders as well and even spending became pointless.

Personally as much as like this game the summons factor has already lost my interest as I also have a ton of heros going nowhere with mats needed for them estimated to take around 12 months and my own buildings almost completed as well, so only time will tell I guess.

But SG, keep in mind these players don’t leave because they don’t like the game, they left because your current grind got to a point it grinded them down to a pointless state of dispaer and only you can change that.

Cheers

5 Likes

I still can’t get the reason? :frowning:

Reason was and is clearly stated. Not going to repeat it.

2 Likes

@Ozy1

I hear you loud and clear.

I moved to another game approx 60 days ago.
Currently I am rank 4, 3 and 1, respectively, in the 3 ranking categories on our server. Already on friendly terms with the big players on our server. Well yeah, I am one of them :wink:

Co-leader in our - rank 4 - union, greatly enjoying the various union and community activities and recurring mini games, and having a ball :hugs:

Very much looking forward to the final battle of the weekly union wars tomorrow, where you need strategy and diplomacy, and you play with your strength, instead of being at the mercy of luck.

Now, when I make a purchase, I buy a package - and I know in advance what it contains. In addition, I collect additional rewards for making a purchase, even if the purchase is only one dollar (!).

What you see is what you get. No gambling involved whatsoever.

Yes. There IS life after EP. And life is good :blush:

tl;dr:

Though it is very unpleasant for an alliance to lose good, active and formerly motivated players, I can understand them very well.

Once a game becomes a source of annoyance instead of fun and enjoyment, it is time to move on to greener pastures.

3 Likes

What it does do is affect lower leveled new comers way of thinking about the game and trying as hard as we did when we where lower level players.

Seeing great players who you always relied on for advice leave because the game gets to the point it’s taken them in makes new players think twice and also stops them from spending.

It’s a ripple effect down the line of a whole allience and potential newcomers if word gets around.

Not good for SG at all

2 Likes

Good for them!

Spending good money on gambling is annoying.
Spending good money on gambling for a hero and getting the hero is nice.
For a short while.
Because spending good money on gambling for a hero, getting the hero … and then not being able to level it up and utilize its full potential - now, that is even more annoying.

Add the emblems, which mean, in fact, that a finally (!) fully ascended 5* hero still is not finished (!), and a new player should most certainly consider whether he or she actually wants to spend time, effort and money on engaging in this neverending grind.

Reminds me of Sisiphos of Greek mythology. :wink:

1 Like

We miss you here, but these facts point to a fundamental difference between E&P and the typical mobile game. E&P is designed to be played over the long haul. 60 days here and you barely have a 3* team running. People enjoy different things, but Imlike the more deliberate pace here.

2 Likes

Long haul I agree and is nice.

But there needs to be a difference between long haul ANNOYINGLY FRUSTRATING with a feeling of getting nowhere and not achieving anything AND long haul whilst having fun and seeing your daily/weekly/monthly grind make progress and show results.

Taking 6 to 12 months to level off a team isn’t considered grind or long haul , it’s considered out right boring and pointless.

SG needs to find a different or change their prospective of long haul and shorten it by about 30 to 40% when it comes to heros/mats and make a new prospective of long haul to creating more and newer follow on game battles.

2 Likes

which game?

1 Like

Again, it’s what one expects from a game. And there is no definite answer to that because some people expect something totally different than others.

For example, my goal is not to collect and maxlevel each and every a-list hero in this game. Thus, I don’t care if I get my six ascension items sooner or later as long as I get them. It has been a rewarding feeling getting my TC13 or TC20 after some months or completing the season 1 storyline (even if the story is… mediocre), but I wasn’t focused on that. It was just a pastime.

On the other hand, in the approximate 1,5 years I’ve been playing now, I also installed and pretty quickly uninstalled other games because they’ve been so unbalanced and full of advertisements. Surely, they offer the possibility to ascend quickly for some money, but that’s exactly the concept I see absolutely no sense in. Why start playing a game when you just have to pay to win? If I wanted that kind of game, I’d rather buy a console/PC game.

If one decides to leave because the kind of game isn’t his cup of tea - fine. But I really disagree with your assessment of the grinding process and that it should be changed because it’s too frustrating - this is a totally subjective point of view.

1 Like

@RedPython

Game of Sultans :blush:

I very much enjoy having time to think, to consider, to act wisely.
I very much enjoy engaging in diplomacy (I speak several languages - very useful for a European server :wink:)
I very much enjoy making an initial investment and profiting from that, 6 times a day for one feature of the game, with no luck, no RNG and no ifs and buts about it.

Oh, and I am quite happy to be rid of the pressure to do something within 90 seconds, all the time. Because - to be honest - as a 58-year-old lady, I do not have the fast reaction and lightening-quick reflexes of a young man. And it is simply no use attempting feats that nature will no longer permit. Sooner or later, one has to realize and accept this fact.

Edit:
Free players can, of course, enjoy this game as well. There are quite a number of free players in our - rank 3 - union (= alliance).

All in all, I found a game which is much better suited to me and my personal preferences.