Another player leaves

And for once it’s nothing to do with SG. The game is perfectly enjoyable, in my opinion. However, what has finally tipped me over the edge is the pettiness, spite and outright agression of a vast chunk of the playing community.
Player 1 takes umbrage at something Player 2 says, or does, and then projects that malice onto any poor unsuspecting person who dares talk to or play alongside Player 2.
Extend that further by Player 1 being of higher level and well known, and before you can say “What have I done?”, your name is mud throughout the community.
The politics and in fighting that is prevalent in the game is truly mind boggling and pathetic.
Feel free to tell me I’m wrong…I’ve been in the game long enough to have seen the scenario repeated time and again, which is why I’ve abandoned my account that I’ve spent 18 months and hundreds of dollars building. I really dont care anymore.

To Petri and the devs: Thanks for the game you created as I’ve enjoyed it immensely :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Talking about in game chat or alliance chat or?

1 Like

Exactly my thought @KLinMayhem. While I do see that type of behavior on this forum (which we can ignore, flag, etc.), I haven’t experienced that in my alliance. In fact, it would be tolerated for the amount of time it takes to hit the Kick button :grin:

@SocialPariah if this is a problem within the game itself, there are some (plenty??) of alliances that don’t have big egos and bad manners. I’m sure many would welcome you with open arms.

9 Likes

Where exactly are you experiencing these conflicts? In game chat, through line, alliance chat, on the forum, or where? Hopefully there are measures you can take to avoid these issues completely, in order for you to continue enjoying this game that you love so much. I’d need to know more, but I’ll do my best to help if I can.

4 Likes

The game in general, unfortunately. It starts in the alliance and radiates out into global, Line and Discourse. I don’t get it at all, but then I’m relatively new to this social media, having made it a life goal to avoid Facebook et al.
Maybe the problem lies with me? I consider myself to be helpful and polite, so I don’t think it is, but who knows?

Change your surroundings and see if it helps.

Line id: jrigs

I’ll do what i can to get you around better peeps and no I’m not trying to recruit you. No secret motives on my end

4 Likes

I agree with @Rigs If people are starting drama in your alliance, I would leave. There is no place for negativity in this game, a game we all play to get away from that sort of ****. This is a highly enjoyable game, but I can understand why someone would consider leaving if they feel they are becoming a target for people to blow off all their frustrations on. That’s not okay and I wouldn’t subject yourself to it any longer. Find another alliance, one that appreciates you and your contributions, rather than ridicules them.

6 Likes

If you do that you just make him a favor.
I tend to not doing favors on people who try to hurt me, but thats just me.

And as long he is not the pope, i guess many players doesn’t give a sh*t of what other says.
They just trust their own feelings, and if you are a good mate they welcome you no matter other says.

If you want to quit because you’re tired of the game… Ok, that’s a good reason.
But nope, if you are quitting for that then you are just running away from a bully.

2 Likes

I would just hate if other people were the reason you abandoned a game you seem to love so dearly. Don’t let them win. This game can be truly amazing, you just need to find the right environment for it first. Some people suck, but there are more out there who don’t and I’d advise you find them.

It’s obviously your choice whether you want to take that next step or not, but I think you could find a better home for yourself than the one you have currently, and still be able to enjoy this game to the fullest extent. It’s not worth quitting a game you’ve adored for this long, with all of the money and time you’ve invested, just because of a few sh***y people.

5 Likes

Just to clarify…I’m trying to hurt you by having this thread? Or the person/s I’m talking about (and there are many)? My apologies for the confusion.
And yes you’re right, I am running away. But without anyone here knowing my personal circumstances in life, then maybe my leaving is the best reason for me…ergo a good reason. Period.

2 Likes

Fair enough

Best of luck

I hate drama as well. But I would try to find alliance, which don’t have that. :wink: I’m sure there are those. Or maybe make your own alliance and kill 1* titans by yourself. Just saying it sad, if someone quit, because of others behaviour.
Way I see it, I have been in same alliance over a year. We have had some drama sometimes, not often tough, but when you are playing with same players long time, you don’t always see things same way.

1 Like

Well, my friend, your reasons are your own, and if they are legitimately in your best interest, than who am I to suggest that you should consider something else?

However; I will say, and I mean this sincerely - I am saddened by your decision to leave.

While I have never interacted with you beyond this forum(that I am aware of), your kindness and willingness to help me has increased my enjoyment of the game tremendously - and therefore, vicariously, contributed to many a more enjoyable day in general! :sunny:

For this, I owe you a debt of gratitude.

With much appreciation, I wish you the best. If there is anything I can offer you, even just someone to vent to, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me - line id: totallytima

Sincerely, and with warm regards,
:slight_smile:Tima

3 Likes

And I understand that. Lord knows, you put 30 people in a room together that they are going to grate on each other!
I’ll give an example of what concerns me…
One alliance I joined came to a complete halt for one reason alone: the hero grading chart. All the players refused to level anything unless it was an A rated card and I questioned the wisdom of this approach. I got very roundly critisised for suggesting they employ some thought of their own instead of relying on being told everything. The next alliance I went to join I was refused because of that…I’m a trouble maker.
Not much of a reason to walk away but the point is that the waters can be poisoned for the most trivial matter. And its happened on more than one occasion, so again, maybe the fault is mine. Perhaps I exercise independent thought too much instead of sticking to the status quo?

4 Likes

Much appreciated Tima. Our (albeit limited) chats have nevertheless been enjoyable. I may well take you up on your offer :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It’s their loss. I can’t believe they would take a chart so seriously. It is meant to be used as guidance, or opinion! :rofl:

3 Likes

Well I don’t know you but what you wrote demonstrates that you love this game and even if I’m in no position to tell you what you should do, why would you leave something that you like because of others?
Maybe you can be against the current and be “a troublemaker” but the only thing that you can get from that is that those people that can’t think of their own are not worth to hang around, why would you be around such fools that can’t think for themselves unless you want to be a shepherd and if you want to, i’d recommend dealing with sheeps… they mean no harm at least.

Sometimes it’s hard to find a place to fit and I know it because i’m the one that always speaks what he thinks even if it’s going to harm me or put me in trouble, but that just teachs you who you should hang around, no melodramatics mindless pawns and more open minded people.

Sad truth is that this kind of thing it’s going to happen in real life and you can’t run from there so better learn how to deal with it in a place you can.

But anyway, if you still decide to leave, I bid you farewell.

3 Likes

@SocialPariah
I will make one point about your example of one of your previous alliances mates refusing to level any hero unless they are of A grade, for which I will also echo @Kikyo 's sentiments. There are going to be good heroes and there are going to be not so good heroes in this game. But I think gamers these days start becoming too accustomed to being told what to do rather than figuring things out on their own. Have they even at least tried to use Renfeld, Oberon, and the other so called “trash” heroes before totally dismissing them because a what, a guide told them so?

It is the primary reason why I never go into the “Who do I ascend next” type of discussions threads. My approach to this game is that I will always keep an unique hero (and level him/her up all the way) to keep in my collection, even if I may or may not find use for them. So the other day I finished my season 1 (non-seasonal, non-event) 3* heroes (24 of them, one copy each) all maxed and at 8/8 specials. My next goal would be the S1 4*s, which in terms of acquisition, I am 4 short of completion). Would this be considered a waste of time by many? Probably, but that’s really how I choose to play the game.

We all get bored with certain activities once they become too routine and wanted some change. Perhaps you have your reasons in real life as well that is calling for more of your attention. Then quitting the game activity to focus on that for that reason would be a wise choice. As others have pointed out, don’t let the opinions of a few (and in terms of the E&P players base, 2 alliances’ view really is just a few, almost miniscule) who wants to dictate/impose upon how you would like to play or enjoy the game get you upset. If you still like the game, which I believe you still do, you may wish to surround yourself with alliance mates who really is just playing this game for enjoyment and for what it offers. What’s the fun if a full alliance of 30 members use the “exact” same sets of the so called “A-grade” heroes?

If you need a break from the game and come back later, it’s also a fine choice too. I’ve seen people who were just burnt out and needed a break. When they came back after some hiatus and much needed sabbatical, rekindled their love for the game. There is a reason why people go back to replay console games time after time even though they already know what is going to happen, they still like to relive the game for what it is and that’s what makes a good game (my personal example being Final Fantasy 6 and 7) and those are games that don’t have any updates, E&P is still new and still constantly getting new contents.

I hope it is not the final good bye for you as far as E&P is concerned because it really needs passionate players such as yourself to keep going. But if it is, good luck to you and your future endeavors.

3 Likes

I thank you all for your replies. I’m not sure I’m articulating what I perceive to be the problem very well, but whatever it is, I’m struggling to see past it. Will I return to the game? One can almost never say never, so I will use the phrase “highly unlikely”. To throw away 18 months of game time isn’t something I decided upon lightly, and rest assured it came from experiencing many more than 2 alliances. Perhaps my bad choices of teammates have skewed my outlook of the general population, and I shall take this opportunity to apologise for tarring others with the same brush.
As the actor of limited ability, Vinnie Jones, once observed, “Its been emotional”. :smiley:

3 Likes

@SocialPariah All the best friend of forum. :blush:

If you give this game another chance, give your opinion. If they don’t heed it, it’s their loss. Just said ok to their reply and be done with it. Some people just can’t accept opinion of others.

2 Likes