Am I the only one losing steam and interest?

If it gonna be more kind, e.g. 10 coins per floor on average including the 5-floor gift box, perhaps I will play (I.e. 250 coins for the first 25 floors) :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I hated towers until I had a good enough roster to complete without using materials . I got burnt out and started a solo alliance . For the most part it has stoked me back up. Wars are fun and titans are as well. I quit trying to be something I’m not . I started to play only the events and wars etc I felt like and it became way more fun . I didn’t flask a titan only to have seven players in the alliance hit or no hit with out using banners tornadoes etc . I didn’t have a high level complain because they couldn’t move onto the next stage of the alliance quest YET. I started to mix up teams of MANA reduction only or HOTM only or riposte and minion teams . The game is pretty fun if you make it the experience you want rather than striving to keep up with the seemingly never ending grind

10 Likes

I’m on tower level 16 on impossible level. I did the whole normal mode and the one so far, with one squad. I’m going to try to walk the whole tower with it. Not because I have nothing to play with, but for an extra challenge :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I also have that game ordered and will probably be doing the same thing. I bought my kid a game not that long ago, I’m playing it and hitting the auto play button on E&P every few minutes, that is pretty much when I decided how much of a grind it is and I need to cut back.

7 Likes

wishing you the best!

2 Likes

well, I realized today that Magic Tower goes up to 50 Impossible floors.

definitely NOT going to climb that high. 25 impossible floors, I can still manage. but no way am I punishing myself with 25 more, especially when I would need to get so many flasks to go that high

2 Likes

Congrats on finishing 25 Impossible floors … That is a great achievement. :trophy:

I didn’t even bother with the Magic Tower at all, such is my enthusiasm for it.

Edit: After a few days away from the game, I logged on and finished Normal. It wasn’t as bad as I remember… Although I also didn’t stress too much bout losing heros either.

2 Likes

I’ll do the whole tower. This is quite time consuming, but it coincided with a holiday. For those 250 diamonds, you get quite a lot of symbols, some materials. This is not a high price in my opinion, a little less than one Bane from the draw. :slight_smile: Still, I’m of the opinion that there should be 25 impossible floors, like in the last towers.

1 Like

I only play the reverse tower. No ambition to move up but willing to fight my way down.:metal:t2:

2 Likes

thanks :slight_smile: I haven’t finished the 25 impossible floors yet, but I think I will be able to (if I was able to finish Ninja and Styx) :slight_smile:

still baffles me that Ninja and Styx only have 25 impossible floors, and Magic suddenly goes all the wya up to 50 impossible…

3 Likes

This feeling of burnout and all the other negative things with the game recently cause me to take a three week break from the game every now and then.

It works an absolute treat, I get back into it all over again. If after a few weeks I decide I don’t want to come back then there will be nothing wrong with that.

5 Likes

I think because the Magic Tower has been awol for a while, perhaps the game devs assumed players missed it sooo much, they wanted 50 Impossible levels. Shouldn’t surprise anyone, most Beta Testers thought this wasn’t a good idea and most players would object. :wink:

5 Likes

Someone at work asked me what my favorite holiday was. I wasn’t sure. But now I’m thinking I really dig Star Wars Day (@gborgej :smirk:)
The next day is Cinco de Mayo. The weather is finally letting go of winter and getting warm. I’m loving it outside! And grinding more levels in a tower on my phone is the farthest thing on my mind… After paddling around on the kayak, I feel bad for those that live in their phones.

2 Likes

It’s also not that I spend my free time only on this :slight_smile: Together with my daughter, we did a lot of kilometers on the bike. I have a recreational plot that needs to be taken care of and play a little gardener. I love kayaking. In two weeks I’m going to the first with my second, younger daughter. I don’t miss active rest, and sometimes I need to lie down. :slight_smile: With a book, with a phone, with music.

4 Likes

You are definitely not alone.

Part of it for anyone is picking and choosing what is most interesting, for you, in the time that you have right then. Personally, and specifically I find tower type events really grueling in terms of time spent per fight (as I don’t have the roster depth to be able to throw big heroes at the first 15-20 levels, much less autoplay anything) even from day one.

There is zero chance I will even try to do 50 Impossible levels; I’m not that much of a masochist, plus on principle I refuse to pay gems to be able to play levels. I’ve been trying to decide whether (and if so, how many) Impossible levels are worth it for me at all :man_shrugging:

Generally I think there’s some of this across the board as well: I used to either do or aim to try to complete everything, and I think there is some happiness to be recovered by just saying “no”, or, at least, approaching an event in a limited way (e.g. I don’t even try for rankings in… pretty much anything, as there’s basically no point in trying, for me).

There is a growing amount of disengagement among a growing number of players, in my experience, and at some point that is going to increasingly start biting SG/Zynga.

4 Likes

Outside of Untold Stories, which might be their excuse to expand S2 to 36 provinces rather than do a S6 instead of Summer 2, I’m practically waiting for the few remaining events that are actually fun to do. I’ve even thought about not doing tourmanet altogether since all the new heroes have started taking those over and the three cycling gimmicks are boring.

Stopped Tower Events since they’re revamping those to incorperate new heroes but KEEP the curse mechanic that, as of this latest one, seems to conveniently curse out my non-mages after using once and I don’t have time to wait for the bosses to instant-kill my heroes because they have more than 50% HP and less than 50% mana or whatever these new sports heroes do. Didn’t have the energy to finish the aethers quest beyond the third stage, Dunes Rise/Forever/Tremors is taking its sweet time to be a thing. (Tbh, it’s just going to be reduced energy and a special enemy that doesn’t drop coins)

And I wish ToL and Costume Chamber didn’t alternate and were made both monthly but weeks apart.

2 Likes

I haven’t been spending money and I did this time, loved the look of those new heroes! Drew 38 season one 3* heroes and 2 season one 4*. How is that even possible. Anyway…I hate I have so much invested in this BS or I would delete it now. SEVEN OBERONS. I think this was the push I needed to never, ever spend another dime. You can’t compete without these shiny new heroes but you have to be really lucky or really rich. i am neither.

4 Likes

Nope. Think this is my last war. The only thing I found interesting was raids, and they’re just not enjoyable anymore. It’s like bringing a peewee team to an NFL game. I might try the hiatus again, but I think I might be done.

3 Likes

I did around 60 on my P2P account and got all S1 3* and 4* apart from the magic 3*. I don’t need any of the new heroes, I was just really really wanting to get Willow - because I already have Wren and having both of my daughters in the game would have been something cool for me.

I think that is absolutely false. What areas do you feel you can’t compete in without the newest heroes?

4 Likes

Read about the sunk cost fallacy. I used to be a victim of it. It’s very hard to overcome after spending so much, but once you understand the big picture, it gets easier to stop spending. You have to get to that point on your own. I did it. You can too

Best to you!

5 Likes