Am I the only one losing steam and interest?

When the game stops bringing joy and feels more like a chore, perhaps the limit has been reached.

8 Likes

Your not alone …
Note to self:

My dearest E&P,
I just don’t feel the same passion I once felt from our relationship … lately my anticipation when I touch the screen to open the app isn’t the same as it once was. I don’t catch myself looking at you with the same adoration. I seem to be missing quests and events just so I don’t have to fain interest and forcibly smile at your silly changes. I just feel as though I’m going through the motions to make you happy and to be honest I just don’t think this is gonna work out between us. But don’t feel bad hunny…it’s not me, it’s you.
:kissing_heart:

29 Likes

No you are not alone…
I haven’t even started the Tower yet …
Just used my 6 war flags all at once …
And missed my first ever Titan today …

I have spent so much time in Beta “testing” and currently feeling “down in the dumps” …

Nothing in this game at the moment feels “right” for me and the “fun” is slowly ebbing away

I wish I was on another cruise holiday

9 Likes

I managed to get to level 10 now but it’s taking a lot of effort. I’m happier here with everyone sharing encouragement and ideas.

Oh man, I need a cruise myself!

Chin up!

3 Likes

I started to feel that on my old P2P account, especially for (most) PVE content. I semi retired that account to start a FTP account and on this one I usually don’t miss anything - firstly because a lot of it is still a challenge, and secondly because the challenge of progressing as far and fast as I can requires resources and that requires grinding (although I can autoiplay most PVE content). And I find that challenge fun and engaging.

I have since started up my P2P account again but really only to do tournies and wars, some titans and the occasional important quest. I could do a lot more, for example with my heroes I can pretty much auto play towers. But I often don’t feel enough motivation to even do that. I have a core set of heroes that have me competitive in most aspect of the game and I only level a handful beyond that for the fun factor. So not requiring much in the way of resources on this account affords me the luxury of only doing the stuff in the game that I find fun.

7 Likes

I can’t think of a better way to lose motiviation and enjoyment of the game than to be involved in beta testing

4 Likes

I’ve felt that way multiple times, and I’ve gotten a stroke of luck that made the game more interesting for a while. When rush format appeared I was losing interest, but I got an Alfrike with a single pull and I was able to be competitive. When pengui came out I pulled him and he became part of my damaging core along Glenda. When challenge festival came, I pulled Lady of the Lake, which was always one of my favorite heroes.

When bards came I pulled Rhys and when pets came I pulled Furdinand, and now knowing they’ll be nerfed greatly reduced my interest in the game. Even if I pull a good hero I have no guarantee that it will remain as it is. And with stuff like the nerfing of Gazelle, I can’t even be safe if I were to pull a good older hero.

I’m pretty sure the real reason for nerfing Rhys and Furdinand is that they were featured the first time their families were released (before getting diluted in ever increasing hero pools) so according to their metrics too many F2P have them. Everything is motivated by pure disdain to the playerbase.

9 Likes

ive serioualy lost interest… the devs dont seem to care much about the quality of the game

4 Likes

I’m with you…I left my phone while doing the tower for a few minutes and came back - it said disconnected due to no activity so I said OK forget it

11 Likes

Snap. I got her too.
But i always find it boring but since i do like pulling my hair out, i continue to go as far as i can. I have to really give myself a boost to start or use all energy though

2 Likes

The revamp/second set of “bosses” in Tower of Magic and the fact that all the non-mages get insta-cursed out after using them ONCE has now led me to not doing it anymore as well. I’ll pull the heroes either from Super Elemental or Covenant Summons, I guess. Not worth the time anymore.

2 Likes

my sympathies, and sending virtual hugs, to all those feeling down about the game :frowning:

11 Likes

now I enjoy reading posts on this forum more than playing existing quests, attacking titans and even opening maps. :smile:

13 Likes

I have lost steam already for some time. I have stopped playing the monthly events. After not playing tourneys for years, I was legit trying to get back to tourneys. But seeing how they butchered the game nowadays, it’s not going to happen anytime soon

4 Likes

4 years and retired today. For me SG have absolutely ruined this game!!! My last war against Infernals was a s*"t show. Good luck all who carry on pumping money in the cash cow

11 Likes

Tower provides us too bad rewards compared to effort/time we spend, so I won’t finish it too (maybe only 10 floors)

6 Likes

I haven’t even been playing a year and I’m losing steam — which sucks because I’m three days away from getting my HA10!

So many events like the towers and w3k have lame loot so it’s not worth the time investment. I don’t mind the grind of levelling five star heroes since the payoff is worth it but that seems pointless if they keep moving the goalposts.

I’ve stopped spending completely, I’m not even going to renew my VIP since my HA10 is nearly done and I don’t need the second builder. I’ve gone back to console games and I’m pretty sure that from May 12 I’ll only be playing E&P when my TotK load screen is up.

9 Likes

Nope. Me too :+1:

8 Likes

All the very best for future endeavours.

4 Likes

let’s admit that towers are boring: way too long to complete with no nice surprises, displaying just the clear plot to have you waste heroes in order to pull and max (ie: spend) more.

i can only see wolves gazing at my money, nothing fun in the process.

towers had me starting asking myself why on earth i was playing and made me realise I could totally slow down and set it to ‘random mode’.

9 Likes