šŸŽƒ Alucard - 5* Fire / Red from Return to Morlovia (Halloween)

I would not be surprised if in a couple of months we get a new tanky hero that spawns minions which cannot be removed. So far we only have heroes whose passives prevent minion removal from themselves. Who knows, maybe even an Ice one to shake up the meta more and in an event where the summons are more expensive, like the Covenant :slight_smile:

1 Like

You forgot to add the nerf in January

1 Like

I donā€™t think Alucard will get a nerf. As he wonā€™t be dominating anybodyā€™s raid/war def. Unlike Xnolphod/W3K/KrampusC. You will see him on def only during undead horde war.

2 Likes
8 Likes

Thatā€™s what I think too. He wonā€™t be everywhere like C Krampus was, post release, with dear Pengi.

1 Like

Congratulations to everyone who pulled this one! I am still hopeful that he will grace me with his presence before the end of morlovia. I did get the most adorable one though ā€¦ goopy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:ā€¦ I just love him!

4 Likes

i think there is already a tanky hero whose passive is resisting minion removal. :smirk:

3 Likes

Telly buff incoming!

I really hope so, I donā€™t have her but a few of my friends do.

i hope he gets nerfed. although he is more of an attacking hero so maybe not. SG really only nerfs heroes that appear on defenses

1 Like

Meh, not going to waste gems on trying to get a hero thatā€™s great against minions and ā€œjustā€ good against non-minions.

Iā€™m not going to reward SG for flooding the game with OP minion heroes and then trying to extract money from players for anti-minion heroes.

6 Likes

Minor damage nearby, so the center is hit with more damage, but the other 2 with less, but yes he is one of the heroes I am comparing this one to.
Certainly not a bad one, especially with the stoneskin, but overall I think not a match for the new guy.

The other one I would compare him to is Horus, a hero used by the absolute top players in this game, I believe same damage there? But he got nothing big besides the damage, while for Alucard this damage is only half of the specialā€¦

Back off from my new coin pull hero!!! Dont touch Dracula we need this!!! Pfft yeah!!!

2 Likes

How does the minion removal work with Freya C? Can she evade? Omg the neff callsā€¦ :sob: Watch them get him and flip 180%

1 Like

he kills the minions but freya might be able to dodge the damage

2 Likes

The feedback about Alucard is an interesting read, but it should not be surprising that I, like many, are forming impressions from the card because there are pretty much exactly two ways FOR me to form impressions of new heroes

1. Reading the card
  2. Getting annihilated by the card

What I see is a hero who would appear to be pretty much strictly better for me to use than my currently-best red if I never faced minions ever again AND who would be better than pretty much all of my existing anti-minion heroes combined when actually facing minions.

:neutral_face:

Iā€¦ guess I should be happy I have pretty much no good summoners? Maybe any war defenses still using any form of summon-happy team will cease as they flee Alucard in terror?

Iā€™m not so sure that ā€œAlucard might not be quite as all-purpose useful against non-summoners as El Duqueā€ is exactly a ringing endorsement of Alucardā€™s current abilities being balanced, if heā€™s on par with an excellent recent hero in all-round circumstances AND much much better in his (hardly narrow) niche to boot.

1 Like

Read the entire paragraph you quoted and you will understand the context of what I said. A lot of people saying heā€™s OP and asking for nerf, without ever playing with him and against him. Of course, we all take impressions off the card, but claiming itā€™s OP and asking for a nerf, just from that reading, is at least rash.

I shared my personal impressions, as I said above. Itā€™s no law set in stone, you can disagree or not, especially after playing with him and/or against him.

Hope we have good luck catching it, I havenā€™t gotten mine yet. lol

8 Likes

This guy wonā€™t shine unless minion war or when using offensively against a minion summoner team. Pretty situational.

3 Likes

I guess my point is that reading the card sets off all kinds of alarm bells for me, and then reading your experience of ā€œmaybe not quite as good as El Duque in non-minion contextsā€ only reinforces for me what I was already worrying about.

Having said that, if I manage to get one (Iā€™m waiting for Pity Counter before I summon any non-grey-token heroes this month, because, probability), Iā€™ll pretty much start leveling him immediately nextā€¦ because almost any conceivable nerf would still leave him between generally better and strictly better than what I have :man_shrugging:

1. Even if true, those are still pretty common situations to be extremely useful in (compares favorably, at least for me, to the situational-ness of, say, Ilmarinen)

2. ā€œShinesā€ is a relative term. If I got, leveled, ascended, LBā€™d Alucard and never faced a single minion ever again, heā€™d probably still be my strongest red hero.

2 Likes

I think you are also missing here the context a bit :slight_smile: People say that he is a very good hero (when compared to most Fire hit-3) and OP regarding his minion special and when we think about the new minion heavy defenses with W3K heroes and C. Freya. While you did not use the same term, you did say that he is ā€œa beastā€.

And more than asking for a nerf, people express their worry that it will be one more instance when an extremely strong hero is released (granted, he is strong in general and extremely strong when minions are involved) and then nerfed afterwards even though people warned that hero might be too strong

3 Likes