šŸŽƒ Alucard - 5* Fire / Red from Return to Morlovia (Halloween)

Really?
When is the last OP offensive weapon that was nerfed?

The nerf thread will get opened becauseā€¦ forum.
Then that person and supporters will be the subjects of laughter. Normally these folks get subjected to spender lectures about the handful of creep counters to bring. In this case, everyone and their dog can transform this hero on defense to nothing more than 250% damage.

Surely Dracula spelled backwards will be placed in scrub defenses.
Not in ā€œTop-Level Alliance Warsā€
ā€¦ and ā€¦ :point_up_2: that is the criteria for nerfs
Spelled out loud & clear in last update notes
and Visible in every previous nerf

Hereā€™s what will happen:
Dracula spelled backwards will be the subject
Of spender lectures!
For easily, very easilyā€¦ dealing with mana boosted summoning defenses. Just like all other defenses. If you have the ā€œred buttonā€ counter top defenses are boring

Nothing new here.
Business as usual.
Next make a stronger, faster defense meta
So the paywall can keep marching into lower ranks

2 Likes

250% damage in todays meta isnā€™t that high. considering LB and Emblemed opponent.

if he hits below than 250% such as 200% or 220% he will be underpower.

so 250% canā€™t be considered OP at all. it seems standard or regular with this current meta.

if his hit three is 350% with v.fast, then we can truly call him above average

if he hits three is 380% with v.fast then we can call him OP.

so 250% pretty negligible

Show me a very fast hero that does more damage? I am not good with VF heroes I never get them lol, so I may just have missed them.

You have 250% damage to three ensured for two matches 6 tiles. The only other Fire hero that does more damage at very fast is El Duque with 295%

Otherwise you have at fast (most often you need more than two matches) C Marjana (358% to target + minor to neighbours), Captain Kestrel and Reuben - 215% to three and C. Gefjon, the latest addition who does 335% to three and eliminates minions first.

Considering that for Alucard you only need two matches (we have all been in so many fights where we lost because we could not get the 3rd match) and gives so much health and direct mana according to the minions you have + bypasses defenses, I agree that he is the strongest hit-3

4 Likes

The skill is literally Chinese heroesā€™ passive as a special. These poor minion summoners just canā€™t seem to take a break.

1 Like

Hard to say. Hit-3 heroes are not terribly efficient on defense given their tendency to hit wings and Alucard also requires minions to be most efficient. Just donā€™t bring summoners against him and you should be fine. C-Vic does more in most situations, though his stats start to lack behind.

SGG seems to nerf only heroes that appear too much on defense, and I donā€™t think this will be the case with Alucard. But I reserve right to be wrong. :crazy_face:

7 Likes

My strongest red hero is (uncostumed) Gravemaker, so Iā€™d probably take and use a hero who ā€œonlyā€ did 250% to three at Very Fast.

That Alucard also eliminates minionsā€”and firstā€”and feeds his whole team off them, oh, and ignores defense buffs, and even steals a defense buff, and has a mana-boosting family bonusā€¦

ā€¦why am I even trying to play this game with the heroes I have?

5 Likes

I donā€™t know when but there will be a nerf for sure :grin:

2 Likes

El Duque 20 characters

1 Like

:exploding_head: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

Just pulled him! I am actually quite excited, as I also liked the Castlevania character

He will jump the queue ahead of Costume Gefjon even though I expect him to be nerfed. However, not being a very good board player myself, even if his anti-minion special gets nerfed, a hard hit-3 very fast hero is great.

I also pulled Celidana, but she will have to wait quite a bit, Iā€™m afraid :slight_smile:

Now hopefully I will also get Ana-Belle once the Fated summons start

12 Likes

Congrats! :vampire::tada:

I thought I would be done with the Halloween portal, as I got all the three 5* Vampire heroes (C. Francine, C. Vanda, and C. Victor) last year with my EHTs. But nope, Alucard is here now, so I tried getting him with my EHTs as well.

Thankfully, he arrived. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Used him on the early stages of the Morlovia quest. Love the animation for his special

2 Likes

Got lucky with my 20 EHTs. Alucard is getting fast tracked! He would be good even without his minion effects, but with them, he makes a nice weapon against those damn 3 kingdom defenses.

10 Likes

Pulled 2 of this guy, both will be ascended and LB!

3 Likes

and then the nerf suddenly happen within 2 months

6 Likes

Here, found one maxed and LBed

10 Likes

Reason why heā€™s the hero I would be most anxious getting, because heā€™s strongest of the portal and most likely to get adjusted - but I mean 250% to three heroes at VF speed still good regardless. No doubt heā€™s going to take some attention off Khufu :rofl:

2 Likes

A lot of people saying that Alucard is OP and asking for nerf, without even testing him or having never played with him or against him. Impressions taken just by reading the card. Worrisome!

I tested and played a lot with him and against him in beta. My personal impressions:

• Efficient hero on defense, comparable to Horus, who has the same speed and direct damage, but has superior passive abilities. More versatile than C. GM, for the healing and mana part, but deals less damage overall. Less efficient than El Duque, which deals more damage and relevant defense debuffs, given its very fast speed and also because it doesnā€™t limit its power to the existence of minions. But, if Alucard is attacked by a team that uses minions, such as kingdom heroes, Hulda, christmas heroes or any other, then he becomes a defender that will add a lot to the defense team. He will be more efficient than the other heroes Iā€™ve used in comparison. So itā€™s not just up to him, but the attackerā€™s common sense in choosing which team to face him with. Is he OP? No, but he is a strong hero, see the ones I used to compare him: Horus, GM and El Duque.

• In attack, depending on the team he is facing, he shines. Against teams without minion summoners, heā€™s OK, but Iā€™d take C.GM, El Duque, or Horus first, depending on the color of my opponents. As for teams with summoners, heā€™s a beast. Teams with heroes of the kingdom, Hulda, C. Krampus, etc, get ready, hot lead is coming. It greatly increases the efficiency of the team. Even though heā€™s red, itā€™s worth taking him against Hulda and Diaochan, heā€™s almost an accountant made especially for these kind of heroes.

• In short, strong and versatile hero, but not OP, because despite being very fast and having many skills, most of these skills only manifest if the opponent has minions, in addition, it has low damage, which reaches a maximum of 3 targets. Above average but not OP. A force to be reckoned with when engaging minions. An excellent hero against current defenses, full of realm heroes.

54 Likes

Great review, no more likes unfortunately. The only thing I would add though is that the three heroes you mentioned: El Duque, Horus and C Gravemaker are much more difficult to obtain.

And I think most of those saying he is OP thought of the minion context.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing this. I donā€™t have him (I hope yet :slight_smile: ) but I see him as a more offensive hero against the current meta of Wo3K heroes and cFreya who are in most top defenses now.

2 Likes