Alliance Wars Matchmaking (Discussion & Developer Response) MASTER

I’m sorry but this is rather misleading. Your “6 day old alliance” has 24 members in that screenshot, and I see 29 teams now, a bunch of which are in the 4000-4100+ range. Six days old or not, your alliance in full force would wipe the floor with the majority of alliances out there, including mine.

So you were matched on the 24 teams in your alliance at the time of the war (to be fair, that number could’ve been different again at the time of the matching prior to war prep), but only 13 teams are taking part in the war while your enemy is fighting with 23 teams. That is a recipe for an overwhelming loss which in this case doesn’t seem to be entirely the fault of the matchmaking algorithm…

I can’t speak to the circumstances why so many of your teams are not in the war, perhaps they were off mercing, perhaps they just don’t care to take part. I must note that even you yourself are a spectator in this particular war.

If it’s a question of people simply not being interested in wars, then I think the only valid complaint here is that there is not yet a way to exclude those people from the matchmaking algorithm. The individual opt-out feature is reportedly in the works, so hopefully we will get that for the people that want it.

3 Likes

I am on the other alliance that @Rob27 is complaining about, they had no chance… I have been requesting that the devs look into it. I have my Fingers crossed that they and we will have a much closer matched team.

A co-member posted the final score on another thread

1 Like

If all 24 of their teams were fighting in the war, would it still have been a mismatch?

I believe so and answered you in more depth elsewhere (link below). I appreciate the time you took reviewing this mismatch and hope it helps bring the attention of SG to it for review.

2 Likes

Another weird one for us:
We have 35k vs their 46k alliance score.
We have 28 players in total, they have 22.
We have 3 players over 1k cups, they have 12.

I get it, player cups aren’t everything, but I truly wonder what we were matched on here?

Edit: it was actually a tightly contested war and in the end we scraped a victory in the last 5 minutes with a 100 point kill. Didn’t see that coming. They did however lose two players at some point during the war.

1 Like

Dear Petri

I really think the staff should look after a new type of matchmaking. Like it is now, my alliance dont stand a chance against any other alliance we are fighting in the war. I have a lot of ideas of how matchmaking could be more fair. Btw i love the game :smiley:

It gets worse each time. I do not understand why it’s always in the same manner. Bad matchmakings should alternate . I think that as soon as the opt-out option will be opened, we will stay 5 to 10 members to play. It’s a shame: it’s easier to get people out than to get them back. Btw do you understand why the points sum is never 2000? It was 2026 for us the last war, this one 1986.
Again no complain, only dullness.
Hopefully we have our titans :slight_smile:

1 Like

I did look at your team also which I should’ve done in the first place like I mentioned in the other thread, you guys are absolute beasts, all your players are super strong, and I agree that is a mismatch… apologies to @Rob27, I see your point about it being a mismatch, but I do still think the case could have been presented a bit more fair and clear, in my opinion.

Hope you all get better matches in the future.

Speaking of matches… @maliciousbuthot looks like we’re facing your alliance this go around… kinda cool to actually match with someone active on the forums in the game, what are the chances… :slight_smile:

And at first glance it looks like a fair enough matchup, but you do have 2 extra people. Look forward to a good fight, best of luck to you guys!

2 Likes

Well some of my recent optimism was misplaced. Back to matchups where we are outclassed from the beginning. Last one looked good with average team power 3413 them 3313 us. Seemed doable. After 137 attacks we had them down to just 3 teams (after taking out respawns). We apent our next 10 attacks trying to clear the field but couldn’t take out the 38, 35 and 3400 teams they had left.
They were at 77 attacks at that point. Over their next 50 they cleared 14 of us off the board resetting the whole alliance, taking out more and winning by 700. So their defensive teams were stronger and their benches were better. We even had 25 members with red tanks to try and soak up their blues, didnt help.

And our latest: avg def power 185 higher than ours. Every single team has more power. They have 17 fully levelled 5* we have 2. 3 players Over 3900 we have 0. 3 Over 3800 we have 1. Can’t imagine our benches are anywhere near strong enough to offset this:

Their top players:

Ours:

Yay another loss coming up! Anyone got a copy of ET for the Atari?

1 Like

Well well well we meet again lol you have two less but we have many still very new to the game lol and you have enemy attack arrows. Good luck to you and yours as well :grin:

Wow that’s just sad yup doesn’t sound right at all

I for one will not be taking part in the wars until they sort the matching system and get rid of the buffs

I’m really sorry your alliance is having a tough time. After a difficult patch, we are on our third fair war.

But mostly, I wanted to mention that sweet ET Atari reference. Well played.

1 Like

Here we are in a streak of good wars. 4 and counting.

For not well balanced alliances with a huge power difference between the members an nice match is rare. And 8 out of 10 matches we got alliances with more power. And somehow i got the impression the game won’t let us winn the attacks even if our team has 500 powe more. So war is getting very frustrating. Happy to be able to push that opt out button

Less than 3 hrs to go, we have attacked about 25 more times than them and still down about 500 points.

That does suck…but I hope it isn’t game over for you.

Have you seen the posts direct from SG staff about moving to a raid-style ranking system in August?

1 Like