Alliance Wars Matchmaking (Discussion & Developer Response) MASTER

Thanks! We won the last 2 wars, but was hard! It was about better strategy and activity, even if the oponents were stronger. The best hero is comunication! And the oponents were not so activ as we expected. Have a nice day!

3 Likes

m.s.m is my alliance …

are you with sg kayo or do you just want to see the punishment i endured

If I were qith SG I wouldn’t be sporting two full 5*s from 14 months of play.

1 Like

oh ok i don’t mind sharing my pain

First impression, tell st0114 to get Alby on the left edge. His special is optimized in the left corner, and doesn’t offer as much help if he’s one of the first to get killed in the right flank position.

1 Like

ok thx i’ll pass it on

Will look over it some more, that just caught my eye right out of the gates.

If just 1 person’s defense can go from one shot to three hits, that’s a potential of 100 point swing.

I’ll be curious to see what Petri says, but to my eye, you couldn’t have asked for a much closer fight than that. 98 points difference in the war is about 2 kills difference in 180 flags. That’s an incredibly close match. I’d say your war is evidence the algorithm works well, rather than poorly.

1 Like

But look at the unused flags. Their foe was lazy—they could have run up,the score hugely.

As a general matter, please post the war score of both alliances when complaining about a match. It’s found on the pop-up “?” Next to the alliance score, e.g.:

1 Like

Completely agree. But flag usage is baked into past performance. Matching an alliance that averages 70% flag use against an equal bench alliance that uses all flags would be a slaughter. I guess they could restrict alliances to their average flag use +10% in order to prevent such “sleepy” alliances from suddenly “waking up.”

2 Likes

3 of the oppositions members have left since war

Next time you post photos can you block out the levels of the opponents you faced in war… You’re going to embarrass people with such proof…

Our alliance was poorly matched in the last 2 wars.

In the 2nd last war, we were pitted against opponents with 5 members with power over 3000, meanwhile our alliance had only 1. Even their weakest player (power of over 1650) was still stronger than our weakest (under 1600).

In the last war, we had more of the upper hand, with their strongest being the only player over 3000 (around 3400), and our best was 3500, with another player already managed to get a little over 3000. The rest of both sides were similar in formation, except this time it is reversed. Our weakest was at 1647, and their weakest was at 1581. We won the war almost effortlessly.

I believe war matching should include not only top 5, but all heroes owned by all members of both sides, while also taking into account some other aspects like:

• Total / Quartile Power ranges
  • Number of members above vs below average powers

For example, an alliance with power range of 2000 (highest say 3500, lowest say 1500), can still easily win against another alliance with power range of 1500 (highest say 3250, lowest say 1750), despite both having exactly the same collective powers. This has not taken into account how the in-between may vary.

Seriuosly? :man_facepalming:
We faced an alliance with five 4000+ defenses (we have none) and the player levels among those five varied between 37 and 55.
We have a few players with levels 50+ and a another few with levels 45-50 and none of us can land a 4000+ defense.
They had two with 4000+ at levels 37 and 41.
Who has better chance in war, two players with levels 37 and 41 with defenses 4000-4100 or two players with levels 52 and 53 with defenses 3800-3900?
Bonus question: which pair spends more money?

1 Like

Another thing…
Their two players with 4000+ defenses spent 3 flags to take down my 3700+ defense (I was lvl 46 at that time, GM tank). I spent one to one-shot 4111 defense (lvl 55) with Guin tank.
How do you measure that?

Here is the thing… You keep playing both sides of this coin, instead of actually listening to what I’ve said.
Fielding a single 4000 team is meaningless…
you yourself preach about how you can fight above your power 3-400 points…

So clearly that’s not an issue… Well unless you’re using it to bolster your argument… But against others you used it to dismiss their complaints.

Back to the actual problem…
One 4000 team is not an issue. In fact many mismatches are not an issue. The issue is how many powerful teams one player can bring to battle.

I have 2 teams over 3600 they can fight 2 4K teams…
If I face a guy with 6 teams over 3600 as 5 come off his bench,
And his buddy has 6. (1 and 5)
And his cousin has 6. (1 and 5)
And then there is peter with 6. (1 and 5)

That becomes a problem. So you pointing out how a 36 has a 4K team is commonplace in this game… It’s not an issue… Pretty much any other 36 has a team that can face them equally. Weather they bought it or not is irrelevant.
I’m the best on my team at war because of depth… I am one of the very few… 3 in 27, that does not buy player draws. I however have the time and experience on my side.
They however have a good set of 5… Big deal. 5 and out…

Playing both sides of the coin? Wrong…
Two posts with two completely different points…
First post: Those players are top in their alliance that according to their alliance score kill stronger titans than we do. All of them are in diamond arena. Maintaining both things is impossible without a decent roster beside the landed 4000+ defenses. Conclusion: their roster has nothing to do with their player level.
Second post: Diamond arena players that spend more than two flags to bring down a single war defense are just bad war players. And playing skill which is immeasurably more important than player level is hard to measure and validate…

Perhaps they did not catch tiles against you. Or brought in a bad set to face what you had displayed.

But I think you’re arguing against what they are saying, not me… as I’m the one saying, that the one 4K team is not the indicator.

Yet I’ll point to every single photo in this thread that supports what I’m saying as my proof.
You should post some, to support you… You telling us about one battle is pointless, if you are looking to dispute the 80+ photos already posted.

Let’s keep score.
Me 80
You 0