Alliance Wars Matchmaking (Discussion & Developer Response) MASTER

I think you want @Rook, but there’s nothing that the moderators are going to be able to do, since they’re just players like we are.

If you haven’t done so yet, I’d recommend you submit a support ticket through the online support ticket system. That’s almost assuredly the fastest way to get help.

https://support.smallgiantgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

1 Like

Thank You bery much :slight_smile:

1 Like

Merged. :slight_smile:

1 Like

War back . We don’t need help any more . Thank you :))

1 Like

@BIG_TSUNAMI

A couple tips:
Go through your alliance’s defense teams. There are a lot of bad set ups that could be improved upon.

For example T.A.
His current tank in Elena has the lowest defense and lowest hitpoints of anyone in his defense squad. I wouldn’t recommend this long term, but for the time being, given his squad, he should have either Rigard or Athena in the tank spot. And if he goes Athena, then have him put Rigard in the left corner and Lianna in the right corner.

Go through the others to optimize, too.

Make sure you’re leaving targets for your lower players. If your big fish are eating eating up all the “good” targets, your weaker members are going to struggle - more than they already would, and you’re left with no one to take on their big players.

If people are getting 0 - 3 points and keep hitting the same target with the same result, tell them to stop. 1 good attack can be better than 6 bad attacks. Reasses the target, and look into someone else to bust the tank or cleaning up.

I hope some of this can help. A paper mismatch doesn’t automatically mean you can’t win. Good luck!

2 Likes

It’s reconciled here where he is telling you the damage below shields is compressed. Actual damage is seen above only that point… AKA below that it does not see actual yet reduced…

Yet to highlight that, it not only sees “actual” above, it is also put to a multiplayer. From my take on the discussion, to no cap. He calls it “fly away”…

More to the point was the point I was making about defense, and the advantage, seen, carried, and modified. From the start match of war, being a compounding issue because of this known.

As long as the attack is inferior to the defense, the damage is ‘compressed’ between 1 and 33 for the tiles and 1 and 100 for the special skills and attacks of the defenders.
:point_right: On the other hand, once the attack is superior to the defense, the damage can fly away with no known maximum.
(This also explains the impression of ‘levels’ felt on the map and against the titans. Once our heroes have evolved so that their attack is superior to the opposing defense, everything becomes easier!)

Thanks for the tips! There are a few things to improve. But we can hardly cope with such an opponent, and I think everyone is aware of that. Even with the first teams we do not have too many options. Let’s talk about the other teams, much weaker, with whom we have to attack very strong opponents. I have managed in the past to win over 3000 with teams under 2500, but it also depends on the puzzle. The most important thing in the war is the defensive team, which remains the same, while attack teams can only be used once. This is advantageous for alliances with older players with a level over 40, who have had time to create a strong defensive team, and are often impossible to defeat without a lot of attacks.
Perhaps it would be more fair to account for a higher percentage of the top 10 heroes. Usually they form the defensive team. Perhaps developers should also include a defense parameter, that is to calculate the score of the war depending on the defensive team used by each player in the last wars.

You are a genius… This is the same thing I’ve been saying forever, in this thread… I can also point to the addition of maxed 4&5* hero’s to your defense team, as the main factor in how many trophies you “retain in raids”

4, 5* hero’s allows you to retain about or above the 2400 trophy mark, and will not be maintained through the gap in play below that roster.

@BIG_TSUNAMI

I’m not an expert, I just play one in the forums, but don’t count yourself out of Wars before they start. Something as simple as adjusting defense lineups with the heroes you’re already using can make a big difference.

Imagine points average at 55 per person in your alliance.
Your opponent has 156 attacks (based on 26 members).
If half of their attacks are one-shots, and the other half are two-shots, they’ll come out with 6,045 points. If your lineups can turn just 13 of those one-shot attacks into two-shots, they’re now at 5,622 points. That’s a 423 point swing based on one extra attack on 13 people. We’re not talking about a big overhaul. That’s 13 of 156 attacks, or 8%.

Now imagine if it starts taking a third shot or fourth.

So you’re cutting the difference and the damage they’re doing. Next step is to make sure your alliance is properly coordinating on offense and you cut the difference there, too.

I’m still seeing a lot of room for improvement in your alliance. To name a couple:

THANATOS has a 1/21 Kashhrek in his lineup. Is that really the best green he has?

Tell Jasma2018 to get Mother North on the left edge. Putting her on the right doesn’t optimize her special.

100% BERE has Grimm as his tank. Grimm has the lowest defense of anyone in his lineup, and near lowest hitpoints.

This isn’t intended to shame anyone. But these things can potentially swing some points back in your direction.

You wouldn’t be matched if a win weren’t attainable. Some you just have to work a little harder for.

Good luck.

3 Likes

We have had good close matchups since vs 18 this is our last one.

And i had a poor showing i should be over 300 and kick too but thats the way boards can go

1 Like

The real answer is until everyone on your alliance has a true bench of 30 matured hero’s, the match will be open to this sort of mismatch.

The more undeveloped benches you have, the wider the gap can become.

It’s just inherent in the way the system is designed to select a match.

Good gracious, 2 war matches in a row where we have no chance. Average level of the other team is 32.4. Ours is 27.0. That puts them at least a couple of months ahead of us developmental wise. Haven’t seen their defenses yet, but given the last war we were behind that far as well and it showed greatly in enemy defense. But also in bench depth. Given how absoltely horrid war loss loot is, it would be nice if we have a chance

Maybe they’re just spending tons of money on red flasks and gems for speeding up the chests… You can never tell…
Please stop taking hero level like anything relevant…
Have you ever seen lvl29 player with 4k defense? I have…

1 Like

I don’t think he’s serious. I think he’s teasing Balusticballsac.

Ooops. I guess this thread wore me out so much that I entered Sheldon Cooper mode and need a “sarcasm” sign…

1 Like

I really want a sarcasm emoji :wink::sunglasses:

1 Like

I’m sorry to contradict you! the match you are doing is not good … in our alliance we have only one player with 3840 power … another 5 TP up to 3500 and another 7 to 3200 the rest below 2900 … and the last 4 wars came opponents with 4 or 5 players with a power of 4000 or a little more and resting power over 3300 … and my level was over 45 … I know no matter the level that counts but heroes! but those with high levels have even more teams raised to the maximum

@MattiZeus
What alliance are you in?

my alliance just faced an opponent that completely obliterated us I’ve asked this question before are these tallies based on maxed level heroes or current level heroes also during this match my alliance was put at a further disadvantage due to some glitch where our alliance founder was removed while he slept don’t know what’s going on but when it takes 3 teams to drop 1 throughout the war the formula is wrong sorry for rant just frustrated

@PHANTASMAGORICAL

Can you screenshot your War screen?