Alliance war rewards

Are there really alliances missing titans??
Please if some of you did this to fight me and my alliance, be happy with the victory and let me with my good old titan loot lol

1 Like

That is true @Fledoble but you get pretty much further just color stacking 4.70 and 4.80 heroes :wink:

1 Like

I perfectly agree, we have a very committed leader who spends a long time coordinating attacks to get maximum benefit from weaker teams toward the end of the war when there are no teams within reach of the weaker teams left available for all.

2 Likes

I’m afraid I will have to disagree…apart from the fact that good leadership is never a disadvantage but without communication there cannot be a concerted coordinated effort to get the highest possible score that could mean the difference between defeat and victory by a few points!

4 Likes

You did well in posting…only needed some clarification :wink:
I am not sure matching is so flawed. Of course it can improve but much better to match teams on Titans, where every alliance should (in theory at least) do it’s best to get the best loot; than matching on cups, that are manipulated big time!!

Alliances that do so are so lame and STUPID!! Giving up sure Titan Loot for possible AW Loot…I am not sure I would believe it if I see it :expressionless:

I agree, not saying communication doesnt happen or is necessary.

Communication is great, but once everybody in the alliance gets the hang of things, there shouldnt really be a need for one single point war coordinator. People communicate naturally. At least thats what I’ve experienced, so I cant speak for everybody.

1 Like

Well, then we agree that communication is important at least :wink:

1 Like

I wish they did. But some of them just don’t open a chat for months.

1 Like

Haha, context! The sentence right after your quote is key! :slight_smile:

1 Like

We win by more than 800 points…Top Attacker…Sharpening Stone, 3 gems and an Epic Troop Token (not even an Epic Hero Token!)…is it worth the 2 hours spent on this AW, planning, attacking, assisting allies??

Yes, we had fun but the fun basically ends when the loot is distributed :frowning:

3 Likes

Consider yourself lucky with your loot and stop whining man. Thats way better than average.,.

3 Likes

What makes it worthwhile according to you?
The 3 gems?
Those actually justify 3 hours, right? Not just the 2 hours I spent on this war! LOL

PS
If you’re happy with the loot, you can check other discussions and give this one a miss :wink:

2 Likes

The rewards are not even the cherry on the sundae, they are the wrapper that’s thrown in the bin.

1 Like
  1. If you spent 2 hours on the war, you’re either wasting a lot of that time picking your nose or you’re working in slow motion.

2. Being top point scorer earns you nothing and should earn you nothing. Wars are a team effort: you’re working with your teammates, not competing against them.

3. The key war reward is an ascension item roll. It’s like a lottery ticket. Usually it will generate nothing useful (like this time for you); rarely it will generate a non-farmable ascension item. The way to collect non-farmable ascension items is to earn as many ‘lottery tickets’ as possible. Complaining that your lottery ticket didn’t win suggests that you don’t understand this. But hey, if you don’t want all those lottery tickets, I’ll take them.

4. You won an Epic Troop Token. That is hugely valuable - arguably more valuable than the Epic Hero Token you say you would prefer.

If you’re genuinely unhappy with the rewards you earned, which were very good, this game may not be for you.

2 Likes

Lots of good points above. One thing is clear, people are losing interest in AW. In the last war our alliance only had 55 out of a possible 174 battles. Several things could be done to help:
(1) Improve rewards. They stink except for a very few.
(2) Improve points for partial kills – why should you get less than half the points for killing 4.8 heroes and someone else get more than half for killing the remaining 0.2 hero?
(3) NEW IDEA? Improve the odds for the attacking team. Strong members are attacking weaker teams because it’s NO FUN getting blown away before you get started. I’ve had strong 3.4 power teams attack 2.9 power teams and get blown away on the first retaliation. No fun for me and no help for the alliance.

2 Likes

Addendum. One more point:
(4) For most people the best part of the game is building heroes and teams which requires a great deal of resources. If simply tearing down was the thing, there would not be so many players saying that farming was a grind. Instead they’d spend all day in Province 2 tier 1.

1 Like

@Brobb
I want to believe that I explained myself incorrectly :slight_smile:

1. This is my quote for the 2 hours, where I am clearly explaining that I don’t spend the two hours attacking but also planning and assisting allies in between attacking.

If you paid attention at maths lessons, you would be able to calculate that 6x duels at a max of 10 min = 60 min = 1 hour. Now we all know how AW duels cannot last anything near 10 min each due to revenge arrows, so without you needing to use your deduction (you know, same as subtraction :wink:), I can tell you that I spend a lot of time assisting my team mates. I can assure I do not have time to pick my nose but if you need some maths lessons, you can come pick it for me and in return maybe, and only maybe, I will accept to help you with some maths revision :wink:

1. I have read a few times, other members posting and stating that they have poor loot even though they were top scorers for their team. I thought this meant that top scorers get extra loot rolls; if this is not the case then I am wrong. I do agree that as a team we work together and not compete against each other, in fact we all try to score high in order to get a higher score together than our opponent…surprise surprise it seems to be working quite well for us, since we won 10 AW and lost only 1. Again, so you do not have to jump to conclusions, I attack opponents with relatively high power (for example during the AW of 18/04/2018, I attacked teams of 3199, 2923, 2630, 2575 and then I gave myself the luxury of attacking teams of 2509 and 2306 with my last two attacks when the AW was clearly won by us!).

2. I’m not complaining that my lottery ticket did not win. Instead, what I am stating is that if I invest more, I should have more lottery tickets…then these can win or lose but more money=more lottery tickets, more time=more lottery tickets! Sounds right to me and to many others!! Are you replying to all those who are stating the same?
    This is another explanation why there should be more lottery tickets :wink:

1. You may have your preferences, I do have mine and this is why! AW increases the need for more heroes, not more troops, so I prefer to have more chances at 4*/5* heroes. Than again, I need the mats to ascend those heroes. And, again, this is why most are complaining that the AWs are not giving enough rare and epic mats.

This is my honest reply.
I am not happy with the number of 5* heroes I have for the money invested.
I am not happy with the rewards for AW.
It is not the game that has me hooked but the alliance I am so proud to form part of :wink:
On 1st April we could hardly defeat a 6* Titan

and 2 days ago we defeated an 8* Titan

…BTW we never request the services of mercs :wink:

5 Likes

We just have a bunch of mindless mouth frothing berserkers that flail at whatever is in their way, and I affectionately like to call that model “leading by example”.

We’ve as yet only lost one war, by the way.

Please permit me to indulge in some of that revision. If it takes you five minutes to select and fight each opponent (that’s pretty generous, I think - battles are fast), then you are spending half an hour actually fighting the war. You are claiming, I conclude, that for each war you spend 90 minutes “planning and assisting allies”.

90 minutes. 90 minutes! 90 minutes!!!???

Congratulations on liking your alliance. I like mine, too. I’ve been a member for more than a year and I enjoy all my team mates. There is still nothing I would do with them for 90 minutes twice a week.

I tried to work out if you were maybe joking about this. I re-read your post several times, and far as I can tell you are serious. This seems like pure insanity to me.

If you are devoting such a ridiculous amount of time to alliance wars then:

1. I can understand you being disappointed by the rewards.
  2. Don’t waste so much time on it. The rewards will seem better.

Yes, you are wrong about this. The complaint of the people you read was not that top scorers were not receiving extra loot rolls that they were entitled to; it was that top scorers were not entitled to extra loot rolls, and those players thought that they should be.

That’s entirely reasonable, except you are investing far too much time to get your lottery tickets. Seriously, 90 minutes “planning and assisting allies”? Twice a week?! Spend less time, then those lottery tickets are much better value.

My reply would not necessarily be the same to everyone who complains about AW rewards. Some spend a reasonable amount of time on wars but don’t understand the value of ascension rolls - I’d tell them to learn more about the game. Some spend a reasonable amount of time on wars, understand the value of ascension rolls, but are disappointed anyway - I’d tell them not be so entitled. Some think they should get better rewards than their team mates just because they score higher - I’d tell them to be less selfish.

Incorrect: AW increases the need for more heroes and more troops. You can build hundreds of 4* and 5* troops yourself at TC20 - you don’t need epic hero tokens to do it. But there’s only one way to collect extra 4* troops, which is why those epic troop tokens are so valuable.

It’s fine not to be happy with the number of 5* heroes you received for the money you have invested. Lots of players feel the same. But that’s nothing to do with alliance wars and it’s essentially your own fault: why are you spending money trying to get 5* heroes when you can train them at TC20? I think you’re sort of to blame for that situation.

It’s also fine to be unhappy with alliance war rewards, but you sort of undermine your case when you explain that you are spending 4 hours a week warring. I can’t imagine any rewards that would be good enough to justify that.