⚔ [8th Nov, 2020] - 81st Raid Tournament - 3* Bloody Battle, No Nature/ Green

Only comment is with cGunnar, you want to pack as many AoE hitters as you can instead of snipers because otherwise they just do weak AoE damage. So I’d replace Bane with Melia in your case.

Yeah but Kvasir is the only “healer” available, so unless the attackers really feel like rolling the dice, they’ll drag him along for the ride.

2 Likes

Won’t matter that he’s the only healer if he dies easily to tiles. I’d attack that team with Kvasir, Balthazar+CBx2, Tyrum/C.Tyrum, Bjorn.

Kvasir will be really valuable offensively tho.

This is very true. I think I’m going to switch my tank back to Gunnar+CB instead of C.Gunnar. Even if attacker brings fast dispel with Tyrum, Tyrum will barely do any dmg due to spirit link and def up. And although Gunnar will become somewhat of a tile dump, he will have already served his purpose in buying time for flanks to fire.

Also, if C.Gunnar gets cleansed by C.Tyrum, that’s a free spirit link for the attacker.

Yeah, I’m not the fan of Kvasir if it’s not a tank position… Whenever I was facing him placed in the back I’d charge mine first and make Kvasir in defence practically useless. Maybe flank can work sometimes though…

Also, I accept the comments on Gunnar… Bjorn on the right flank do absorb purple tiles… I expect attackers with Tyrum.

Yep, if you are going to run the agressive variation its better to use Melia than Bane because Melia not only will boost the damage of all your party with the critical boost but also will pair better with C.Gunnar due her AOE.

I would let Bjorn and cut off Baltazar. Bjorn will keep a yellow stack behind the line . What is more he hits multiple enemies which is better paired to c.gunnar

I wanted to run Ulmer but i wasnt brave enough to test it due to i didnt want to run two slow speed heroes.

But i was tempted to put Ulmer in my defense. If he fires the foe defense will be wiped out.

Good luck, and im glad to find someone that can test it for me lol . Looking forward your future reviews

Sure but that’s why Bjorn is on the other flank to make stacking purple a riskier proposition. Kvasir is tanky enough, and hiding behind (c)Gunnar should buy him plenty of time to fire. The point of flanking Kvasir is to neutralize the attacker’s Kvasir if they bring one, so either they don’t, or they chance it with the board.

Fwiw 4 of the top 10 finishers last time had a Kvasir flank (one had 4 Kvasirs lol), so I think there’s definitely some merit to that.

What do people think of Agnes for bloody battle?

Setup - I’m think of going with the following lineup:

What do you think?

2 Likes

It was a good first day. I used the 3-2 formula and got 5W from that. Its true that at the begining the matchmaking doesnt match me with +100 teams. However i know that tomorrow or maybe on wednsday the story will be different.

I attacked with a combination of blue, purple and yellow.

C.Gunnar,Nordri,Gato, Bjorn x2, kvasir, Melia and Bane.

Those are my everyday battle men.

The defense wasnt attacked yet.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your in depth response! :star2::pray:

1 Like

Day 1: very good! 5-0 attacking, surprisingly I was relying a lot on my yellows (Kvasir, Bane, Melia) + 2 blues (Nordri, Jarvur) or purples (Bjorn, Balthazar). Defences are already at +100, so every battle until the very end will be super tough.
Defence is doing well, 2-1 so far.

4 Likes

So far so good. Bees do increased damage with Ulmers def down but not with Nordris. Nordris minions only have like 1/3 hp of Kvasirs.

Glad I changed. Really don’t like Nordri on defense :confused: but love Ulmer :heart_eyes:.

I think it is more feasible running slow heroes in 3* tournaments as the damage/tile ratio is different than in 5*.

6 Likes

Offense was a real nail-biter, with bad to mediocre boards and few blues… (And don’t forget the off-colour cascades…) But my team held it together, even if it was barely, and I went 5-0. In later days these boards will surely kill me when I go up against full +20 teams.

Defense does good at 3-0.

Some shots:

3 Likes

Day 1

Start was good…taking blues to kill and yellows for the back up. Won first 4 fights with that idea (double Gato & Ulmer :heart_eyes:) changed team on last attack with 4 purples…bad idea :joy: got slaughtered.

4:1

Defense performed strong as well.

4:0 A

Anyway good start!

5 Likes

I think day one can safely be described as an absolute shambles.

Attacking, I went 3-2. Just couldn’t get any momentum today. Win, loss, win, loss…
My first loss I only managed one match and slowly got ground down, scoring a 0! The second I couldn’t kill Gunnar before he went off and by the time I got Tyrum up and running only the bloodied remains of his bludgeoned comrades were left.

My defense had a good start though, getting 2 wins early on. But just as I was beginning to hope, my defense started to falter. Then it wobbled, stumbled over to the edge of the chasm of doom and proceeded to hurl itself off into the gloomy depths below. It’s now sat at the bottom of said chasm with an E rating and a 2-7 record.

Tomorrow is another day! :rofl:

tournament1

4 Likes

Day 1 - I feel like I tripped out of the starting gate! Reference to my days as a sprinter. I went 3-2 attacking and 0-3 defending (E-rated defense). Not too many things went right today. Hope for a better day tomorrow. Maybe, I was looking ahead to the Guardian of Teltoc event! I need Guardian Panther for my titan team! Hahaha! Good luck all! :wink:

2 Likes

Defense team:

Tyrum (C-Bonus) troop + 4 Gunnar (C-bonus) Vodnik troop + 4, Gato and Bane +14 C-bonus (I always forget to switch for costume) 2-3 for a C.

First day is always fun, I found 2 hawkmoon in my battles. Even a full emblemed Zudak as tank.

5-0 on offense, going mostly full snipers. a 3-stack strong color may kill the tank with 3 tiles hits.

2 Likes

Day 2: first loss, but nice run in general against pretty tough teams. 4-1, 9-1 overall. Still using yellows due to mostly purple flanks, and then I spice things with purple or blues. One time couldn’t decide and went 2-2-1 instead of 3-2 and it was ok.
Defence was attacked by strong players yesterday, so I guess 3-3 is a good result.

5 Likes

I can sum up this tournament with 2 images.

8 Likes

Today went 4-1 for 9-1 total.
Lost against this team

with gunnar(c)/chick/gato/bjorn/kvasir in offense. Not even Gato managed to charge, there was no blue , and clearing the board gave no blue…(think I made 1 blue match in total…) The opposing gunnar on flank did fire two times at least, and before jahangir. No winning from a bad board…

Defense does good at 5-0

4 Likes