⚔ [8th Nov, 2020] - 81st Raid Tournament - 3* Bloody Battle, No Nature/ Green

Going with this. Decent mix of defensive wall abd offensive punch i think. We’ll see…

1 Like

Here’s mine. Decided on the center 3 pretty quickly. Was thinking about different ways to go with the wings. Went with Tyrum because I think there will be a lot of Gunnar tanks and wanted a debuffer. Melia for Yellow and good attack. Also both wings are fast.

3 Likes

Right. Poison is individual damage…
But the regular hit by bees is…so let’s say the bee hit for 25 regular damage…no crit

5 targets 5 damage each
4 targets 6 damage each
3 targets 8 damage each
2 targets 12 damage each

So you lose damage by rounding calculations and the impact is really low. That’s why in my opinion minions (Kvasir) should not been paired with shared damage (GunnarC).

If you wanna increase damage of the minions you need 2 things
Crit chance (Melia) and any kind of regular def down…Nordri won’t work as he provides elemental def down.

2 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

Which is best:

I’m not going to use Gunnar+Cb as tank. Attackers will probably bring purple stack on attack with Tyrum dispel against Gunnar.

1 Like

I really want to to put jack in (finishing him today).

But not sure if more blue would be the way to go instead?

1 Like

Oh, goodie, another 3* Tournament :partying_face: Good luck to all!

I do not have many blue heroes at my disposal, but I do have Kvasir and Bjorn, so I might bring those, at least. :slight_smile:

Is Gunnar, with an ability that is slow, really the best choice for a tank this round? How to best counter him, would you say? Thank you :star2:

1 Like

We have exactly the same team and order lmao! Except instead of Gato im bringing Vodnik. My Melia is emblemed at 1 and Kvasir at 20, the rest dont have any emblems.

Well, hello everyone! :slight_smile:

These are my initial ideas:

1. Agressive:

1. Defensive:

1. Somewhere in between:

Any thoughts about Gunnar in particular - costume or not? :thinking:

Was thinking of using the Gunnar/Kvasir/Bjorn combi as a number of people seem to have come to.

Unsure who else would be best to add in. I have Nordri (untalented but could possibly harvest from someone else to get him to 18ish) who I was thinking of using along with Tyrum (costume or not?). I also have Valen and Ulmer both +20. Not sure if either would be better to throw in instead of Nordri or maybe dispense with Tyrum and take advantage of the ice def down with Nordri?

Any thoughts or advice? Cheers

I had more success running C.Gunnar. I see particularly useful to deal damage first in this Bloody Battle style as defender than try to survive longer. Its a matter of playstile but i prefer to kill the attacker. Its way more punishing. However there are lots of uncostumed gunnar in the top in previous tournaments so its more fifty fifty and more related to your playstile.

Here my last attempt. As you can see its by far an agressive approach. I cut off Kvasir for Melia who will provide an AOE and some critical sharingans.

2 Likes

My initial idea was to go with the costume, and then I saw that post. :joy:
I have never tried costume version, so I think I’ll go with that. Maybe I should go attack full frontal… c.Gunnar, Nordri (another blue, Jarvur to try to benefit from defence down against ice)… Also, I have Bjorn+11. Maybe him on the right flank which means Balthazar is out? Jarvur and Bane could be the wings.

I have Melia, too… Hmmm… Melia instead of Bane?

2 Likes

Too many choices :laughing: these tournaments are a lot of fun
If you arent so sure about an agressive line up you can try a balanced one. Kvasir should do the trick with his minions (though the minions hits wont make a difference because the shared damage from c.gunnar, but will add sustain to your heroes)

2 Likes

LOL

You’re right.

Gonna try this, without overthinking about it. Should be decent at least.

1 Like

Changed Nordri to Ulmer in meantime.

I give emblems to every hero in tourney to enable the talent.

Go team Blue !!! :shield:

2 Likes

I was thinking of using Kvasir flank as well since it’s bloody battle but switched him out since I figured anyone attacking a C.Gunnar tank is probably going to bring a purple stack with C.Tyrum.

3 Likes

Bjorn and Kvasir especially will do well here. Kvasir’s minions act as a pseudo heal and their poison damage can really stack up.

Gunnar and c.Gunnar will feature heavily in this tournament at tank. His slow speed will be somewhat
negated as he absorbes a majority of incoming tiles in the tank position. With green banned, his beefy stats should give him a good chance at getting his special off. If that happens, both versions of him will cause problems in a bloody battle if you can’t cleanse or debuff.

The best counter to him is a dispel or cleanse depending on which version you face. With green banned, Tyrum is the obvious choice as he’s fast speed, especially if you have his costume. If you don’t have a cleanse or debuff, there are other options of varying efficiency depending on who you do have. Valen can flip his buff for example or Gato can protect 3 against c.Gunnar. Bane can blind c.Gunnar and gives him a chance to miss his defense down ailments.

I find the key to a bloody battle attack is speed. With no healing, it’s a shootout to see who can bludgeon the other quicker. If you don’t have a direct counter to Gunnar, stack fast hitters and hope for a good board! :grinning:

4 Likes