⚔ [23 Aug, 2020] - 70th Raid Tournament - 5* Rush Attack, No Ice/ Blue

Why put yourself through it then? Why not skip the tournaments that appeal least? There’ll be another, hopefully more enjoyable one along next week. It’s not as if you need them for POV this round.

I have to say 5* rush doesn’t make me very happy either, or successful (I don’t have many good slows levelled). I’m working on it though, and even crappy loot is better than no loot.

p.s. My defence has been slaughtered so far. At least partly my fault for not making sure BK got the crit troops.

2 Likes

That’s why lol and filling my chest.

1 Like

Or when the board is too dreadful, NOT filling the chest :cry:

I usually enjoy all the tournaments, buy-in is not a problem at all. Last time 5* rush no red actually scored top 1% with only Horghall maxed at that time. But this time? First defence is slaughtered by players obviosly much more experienced and I assume with better rosters. At least their defences were 300 points stronger then mine, on average. At the same time, my mainly 4* teams had to fight 4300+ defences since day 1. My attacking teams are about 3800 - depends if there’s 1 or 2 legendaries. In rush attack, the power gap is so obvious. Plus bad boards all the way. As if something went terribly wrong this week for me. :joy:
Sleeping over this one. :dancer:

7 Likes

Here are my day 1 and 2 videos. Santa has it out for me… used one of @Guvnor songs in yesterdays video. Thank you and @Olmor love the music you guys use.

Day 1

Day2

7 Likes

Maybe I’m stating the obvious here but make sure all your mana troops are up to lv 11 so you can charge in just two matches. Then try to got 2-2-1 or at the most 3-2 so you don’t get wiped out by the first wave of assaults if you get a bad board.

Fwiw I’ve been running Rigard-Mist+14-Telly+7-Malosi-Proteus+19 for almost all of my attacks and so far it’s been working out. You’ll note it’s pretty soft in terms of hitting power but with 3 mana controllers and in different colors it gives me some leeway when dealing with bad boards.

Happy to report I faced an Elena+14 tank again and used Telly+7 in lieu of Caedmon+18 and it worked out very nicely even with a mediocre board. Telly’s mana slow bought me a few more turns to work the board, and once I had Mist and Proteus charged it was game over for the opposing heroes. Towards the end each hero on my team had 3 minions and they couldn’t even break through the meat shield barrier. :rofl:

(team I faced was Viv+18, Obakan+16, Elena+14, Kadilen+12, Sartana+8)

4 Likes

Thanks, slowly moving to lvl 11 - currently 8.
Tried different combos, Mist included. Usually I don’t have issues with stronger teams, just made a bragging post in Telly/Vela rebalancing post (check it out). :joy:
But this was one of those days. Almost always running 3-2 combo… But today, nope. Nothing. No special skill for you, Mister. One more issue is that my strongest colour is green (because of Tell/Vella and a lot of blue tanks in wars). In this tourney, it’s actually the weakest element. So, this tourney may not really be for me atm. :blush:

1 Like

Gotcha. Yeah I think having multiple lv 11 mana troops available so all the heroes on your team can charge with 2 matches of their color is definitely a game changer for this tourney. As long as there are no unwanted cascades, you can charge your heroes faster than the defense can and remain one step ahead.

Costume bonuses also really help if you lack the feeder troops/hams, because with that 5% mana bonus, even a lv 1 mana troop is enough to charge in 6 tiles. Honestly part of the reason why I run with a 2-2-1 team is because I have the mana troops to charge everybody in 6 tiles, and that seemed far more important to me than worrying about stacking or what not.

1 Like

Actually, I didn’t know this. I will have this in mind in the future. Thanks! :+1:

1 Like

2nd day, 2nd loss on att
Def 2:2

6 Likes

Do costume bonuses factor in during rush attack or is every single on an even slate requiring a level 11 mana troop to charge in 6 tiles?

1 Like

They definitely factor in - that 5% mana bonus is permanent not conditional. My costumed Rigard/Tibs charge in 6 tiles with just a lv 5 mana troop. If my math is right I’m pretty sure even a lv 1 mana troop does it (5%+5% = 10% total mana bonus = over the 9% threshold needed to charge in 6 tiles for v. fast)

3 Likes

DAY 2 What a difference a day makes!
ATTAX
DAY 1 2W 3L
DAY 2 5W 0L
7W 3L TOTAL-

No Telly tanks yet, but I did fight a telly wing…
This offense shined like a diamond for me today-

I used this team on all 5 attax. Healer+cleanse/sniper/debuffer/cleanse++att/Mana controller… 3-2 was risky, but yesterday I ran 2-2-1, and 3-1-1. Didn’t have success. I figured I had nothing to lose by trying a 3-2 today.
DEFENSE
Screenshot_20200825-190910 Screenshot_20200825-190819
Still in B grade so far thru day 2.
Day 1- 2W 2L 50%, B
Day 2- (so far) 3W 2L 60%, A
ToTaL so far 5W 4L 55.5%, B+
OVERALL

Still only 3Xs!!! Don’t know what Day 3 will bring, so I’m just going to enjoy today’s successful outcome.
GOOD LUCK E1
STAY SAFE

5 Likes

@rho, I’m not sure if this is a dumb question or not but I’m now thinking about the © +5% Mana bonus and how it affects different Mana speeds ( v slow slow avg fast v fast)
My example would be horghall for slow. I pushed his regular to 4.01, but I pushed his © to 4.80 and I get the 5% Mana bonus. (Good little tricky for those heroes that you don’t want to max their regs, but you do want to max their ©). If I put a lvl 5 Mana troop on his © it should bring it to avg tile requirements right?
Screenshot_20200825-194519 Screenshot_20200825-194656

So here, there’s the +5 © bonus and I he +7% from the lvl 5 troop (+12%) in total. Ik this isn’t the thread for this, So my apologies. I’m just trying to figure out what # of tiles he’ll fire at… For this raid Tournament ik 6 tiles, let’s assume bufff booster or Bloody battle

2 Likes

I’m assuming you mean in general not for this tourney. Well slow is 12 and average is 10 tiles, so you’ll need a 20% mana boost to get slow down to average speed. Unfortunately that means you’ll need a lv 29 mana troop for that full 15% mana bonus on top of the 5% costume bonus in order for a slow hero to be average.

2 Likes

Excellent! I’d never considered this before but that really helps with me having no more than 2 level 11’s per color! Thanks

1 Like

So I have gone 3-0 defense today.
Currently sitting at 6-1 which I am surprised at.
I feel bad though, my last defense win was against someone called Shrek, and I loved Shrek growing up!

4 Likes

Day 2 defense still a B - I’m happy with that considering my roster :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Undefeated so far attacking shockingly

Although almost died against this heimdall tank bc couldn’t kill him with tiles before him and ursena with attack boost went full blast at my team :dizzy_face:
(Before I could charge elena too)

So rigard (I swapped out sabina for rigs after I took this screenshot haha) could only save kelile and I had to slowly kill kunch, sartana, and graves with nothing but tiles and kelile snipes (she’s not a very good sniper against emblemed 5*s :laughing:)

Not looking forward to my matchups tomorrow :persevere:
Good luck all!!

5 Likes

1 loss today offensively so 7/3 overall. @rho, as much as I liked you yestarday, not so much today. J/k :yum:

5 Likes

Day 2
5-0 on offense, defense picked up 2 more wins (5-1 overall) for a solid A. @BubblesUK :+1::+1:

Starting to get matched with 4500+ teams now so things are getting crazier. Still did the usual 2-2-1 setup until the last team I faced which had a Drake+19 tank (team was Kage+19, Anzogh+19, Drake+19, Seshat+14, Telly+11)

Decided the 2-2-1 setup just lacked enough hitting power so said “screw it” and finally went 4-1 purple-green (cRig, cTibs, Jabber, Proteus, Telly). Glad I did because I was able to find two purple matches relatively quickly but not before Drake fired, but with cRigs there to cleanse that blind don’t matta!

I gotta say, the combination of cRig’s attack up, cTibs’ defense down made Jabber hit like a truck even against Kage+19 and Telly+11 wings. Kage succumbed to Jabber’s poison, while Telly needed to eat a few more tiles. But Proteus was there to make sure Seshat and Telly never had a chance to fire. When the dust finally settled, Anzogh was the only one left. Another purple match and he too was gone.

@Mr.Spock
I can now confirm with 100% certainty that yes even a lv 1 mana troop is enough to charge a fully costumed hero in 6 tiles. Gotta love those costume bonuses!

6 Likes