⚔ [20th Sept, 2020] - 74th Raid Tournament - 5* Bloody Battle, No Ice/ Blue

Mmm my experience in raiding is a bit different…

In crushing wins (great boards) any hero is irrelevant - in grindy battles, she does more irreparable damage at wing… Usually by the time she fires it’s late enough for her to wipe me, and too late for me to recover it - at flank, I’m usually able to claw it back, and she will actually help me do it!

Tough call on these rules - as long as you’re happy!

1 Like

Leaning more towards the ursena version, as usually beneficial to have a hit all in the line up. Could also Field emblemed WR, but prefer to keep cJoon. Any thoughts, guys?

3 Likes

Second option is much better, but flip your order - let BK fire before Ursena (her total damage is way higher than Marj, so the boost is more helpful on her)… With the bonus that it puts Seshat’s dispel on the left (firing first), with Joon’s positioning being unimportant.

Seshat - Marj - BK - Ursena - Joon.

3 Likes

right, changed order! thanks for the hint!

1 Like

Any thoughts about this? :thinking:

My only 2 maxed 5*, with no blue Marjana as tank. Telly as flank, her minions as a pseudo-heal. Then I figured wilbur would be better then Boldtusk. Jackal as strongest yellow and proteus for stalling. Could swap proteus for c-tibertus? But Wilbur already does D-down…

Sorry, missed it.

Healers are pointless and greens are a potential handicap… A Kingston wing maybe, but LoTL anywhere is a mistake IMHO.

What are your options in general?

cViv isn’t going to do a whole lot for you - the debuff isn’t enough.
Gormek is beefy-ish for 4*, debuffs three and will do some minor damage… A better option than cViv but not perfect by any means.

1 Like

Telly will be very poor under these rules… Minions are only a minor pseudo-heal anyway but Telly’s especially so.

Greens are a bit of a liability anyway this week - a green sniper wing you might get away with, I wouldn’t run a green flank or tank fullstop.

Jackal is extremely glassy - great offensive hero but he won’t do enough damage to justify his place there, nor will he take much damage regardless of colour.

If cTibs fires after Wilbur, he can take advantage to a certain extent (with spirit link up, AoE is FAR more effective than snipe!)…
Worth considering running two darks anyway (since dark holds mana control and dispel - I’d always prefer attackers bringing holy against me than dark!).

You’ve got a great attacking deck there, you clearly (IMHO) haven’t prioritized defensive heroes generally - but this is the correct way to do it!

Yes, your team gets matched based on highest TP you could set, but I wouldn’t include heroes that are useless on defence fullstop (Jackal) or way below their normal standards under this week’s rules/colours (Telly).

Food for thought, perhaps…

1 Like

So this is better?

Jackal out, Li in (when attacking, li has cost me more then one victory by delaying my specials a crucial few turns)
Tel out, tibs in.

That looks a better defence to me, yes.

Could go either way on which way around to put Wilbur and Li… On the one hand, Li benefits from Wilbur if he fired first (same turn), on the other hand Marj is more likely to kill if she hits before Wilbur.

I was thinking the same as well, but the rationale of two holy flanks was to try and salvage a bit if they stacked holy and get a good opening. But you’re right, unless the attacker was really reckless, the safer thing to do would be to stack red/green. With GM thrown in the mix though, stacking green becomes risky, so it’s either red, or take your chances with holy. So this will probably be my defense:

Also I remembered last time we had 5* bloody battle but no green, I had an A defense with Ursena tank and GM/Lepus flanks, the logic there was to output as much damage as possible with Ursena and Lepus and then throw in some burn on top with GM. Of course green not being allowed made it easier to give up on Telly tank lol.

I like this much better (unless I have to face it :joy::crossed_fingers:)…

Definitely the right call IMHO, especially with GM :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmm… I was going to pop Kingston on flank to BK, the idea being that if someone wants to blast him with (non-burning) reds it will only make the tank happy. Have now moved him to wing as per suggestions above. Line-up now looks like:

Seshat (+7) - JF (+7) - BK (+10) - Clarissa (+1) - Kingston (+7).

Troops are 13 mana, 11 mana, 13 crit, 11 crit, 13 crit.

Realistic non-green options are basically G. Kong (+4) or Joon (+10, no costume). Of the 4* only Rigard (has costume), Wilbur, Proteus, Jackal, Mist and Caedmon (also with costume) are anywhere near fully emblemed. I’m kind of discounting them on the grounds of fragility (or in Rigard’s case, on the grounds of Bloody Battle not being what he does best!). I see Wilbur being fairly popular but I’ve never really like him on defence - would need another dispeller in there, or (heresy!) move Seshat from her permanent left wing spot. I think. Probably.

Any helpful thoughts would be most gratefully received. Sorry for lack of snazzy pictures; team is on phone, forum is on PC, don’t got 'em sync’d, don’t want to faff about with cables.

Kong hits hard and cleanses… Bit glassy for defence ideally but it’s workable with no blues around.

Will be using him plenty in attack :slight_smile:

Personally, I’d bring Joon over Kingston… It’s still enough to dissuade attackers bringing the darks, whilst not rewarding them bringing reds.

Either way, a good set of heroes and I’m sure your defence will do fine :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am going minions this time :slight_smile:
Gobbler cant heal, Captain of diamonds is colour banned, grimble remains, but im fielding 2 dark heroes.

Freya - Wilbur - Noor - Teluria - Freya

Idea is, minions as HP shields and no way for you to recover… . time is ticking :slight_smile: I expect A, but lets see!

What do you think of mine bubbles?

Where’s the damage coming from?

Telluria is a big fat “no” for me in that lineup - low damage, low health minions that you don’t want overwriting your Freya’s or Noor’s minions… she does nowhere near enough in bloody and especially in wrong colour!

I’d debate swapping out Telly and maybe Wilbur for some genuine damage dealers… Whether that brings one of your Freya’s to flank or not.

This what I got going with it

Other options available?

Ursena is a great temptation tank in these events but you need to tempt opponents to bring those holy heroes - it’s risk/reward and the rewards got to be enough to risk it.

You want another dark in there… Kingston will work but isn’t ideal in no-green (Seshat would be much better, for example).

Greens are risky this week… No other fires, darks or holies available?

One green on a wing is okay (even if not ideal) and of the two that’s longer… Two is a liability.

At very, very least - swap Kingston to wing and Poseidon to flank.