Preparation Phase Begins Battle Phase Begins Rewards Distributed
2020-09-20T08:00:00Z
(08:00 GMT)
2020-09-21T08:00:00Z
2020-09-26T08:00:00Z

:no_pedestrians: This Week’s Restrictions & Special Rule

The allowed elements and hero/troop rarities, as well as the Special Rule will be available once the Tournament opens for joining and setting Defense Teams.

:fire: :leaves: :snowflake: :sun_with_face: :new_moon_with_face:
Elements Allowed
:superhero: :star2:
Hero Rarities Allowed
:person_fencing: :star2:
Troop Rarities Allowed
:fire: :leaves: :new_moon_with_face: :sun_with_face:
No Ice/ Blue
:five: :star:
or lower
:four: :star:
or lower

:dizzy: Special Rule: Bloody Battle

Health Boost, Direct Healing, Heal Over Time, revival, and similar effects have no effect!

:timer_clock: History

=> Most Recent Occurrence of This Format: 🏅 [Feb 9, 2020] 42nd Raid Tournament! — 5* Bloody Battle, No Ice/Blue

=> Click Here for Log of Past Tournaments

:left_speech_bubble: Before, During & After the Tournament: Share & Discuss Your Teams, Thoughts, Feedback, and Questions!

:speaking_head: Some topics to start off with:

Click for some suggested discussion points
  • Do this week’s restrictions on hero/troop rarity and elements make your bench depth better or worse suited to this Raid Tournament than Regular Raids?
  • Are there heroes you’re likely to use for this Tournament that you normally don’t make use of anymore?
  • Are there heroes you plan to power level for this Tournament, or level before the next time a Tournament like this one rolls around?
  • Do Costumes affect your team selection at all?
  • What are you thinking about using for your Defense Team?
  • Are there heroes you expect to see on Enemy Defenses that you think you’ll have a harder time dealing with than usual because of the restrictions or special rule in this Tournament?
  • Which of your heroes will you be likely to use on your Attack Teams?
  • Will the restrictions or special rule of this Tournament change your usual approach to color stacking or team building?
  • Are there elements of this week’s Tournament that are unclear to you?
  • Do you have feedback on the Tournament matchmaking?

:clipboard: Defense Team Tracking

Hat tip to @wineybrit for originating this thread idea with the second Raid Tournament

Click for suggestions on information to include in Defence Team Tracking
  • Which day of the Tournament is it?
  • How may times have you been attacked today, and in total?
  • What is your Defense Team’s win/loss record today, and in total?
  • What Defense Grade does your Defense Team have?
  • Which heroes make up your Defense Team?
  • What is the Team Power of your Defense Team?
  • What is your current Tournament Score and Ranking?

:gem: After the Tournament: Share Your Results & Rewards!

:world_map: Log & Guide to Raid Tournaments

A Log of past Tournaments, and an overview of how Raid Tournaments work, including Special Rules and Restrictions, Attacking, Matchmaking, Defense Grade, Scoring, and Rewards.

=> Click Here for: :medal_sports: Raid Tournaments – Log, Overview, Attacking, Matchmaking, Scoring, Restrictions, Special Rules, and Rewards

3 Likes

When I over think these I do terribly so this is my 1st and last draft

4 Likes

I’m actually leaning towards the second defense if just for the lulz factor (Mist will be at +18 for the tourney). But also because for bloody battle, I believe doing a ton of damage upfront will be much more impactful than trying to slow down the attackers and overpower them with DoT. Or maybe an amalgamation of the two defenses in some way? All suggestions welcomed.

3 Likes

My initial Thoughts:

Just cause…

5 Likes

I’ll go like this

3 Likes

For the lulz!

Packing double purple deliberately…
With BK at tank, dispel is what I really don’t want attackers bringing - this way, they’re disadvantaged if they bring it in dark (don’t mind encouraging holy as much!)

(Yes they can bring Malosi if they have him, or Gazelle… But in dark they could bring one of many - Domitia, Seshat, Kage, Panther)

Let’s see how it goes :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Interesting thoughts… But why KH at tank? Great hero but the team debuff could be damaging.

KH seems to roll best at wing… If you prefer red flanks, I’d even debate tanking Drake over KH.

1 Like

Will #2 do enough to tempt holy stacks?
Remember with Ursena the key is to make sure attackers come with holy…

The triple purple is a fun idea, especially if you want to avoid dispels… But personally I’d run at least one red on those flanks to make sure attackers bring the holy you need.

Swapping out GM for Joon or Mist will make attackers more likely to risk the holy stack (otherwise, personally, I’d roll red/green at that defence).

Don’t think Telly would be a good idea at all this week :+1:

2 Likes

Going like this

5 Likes

Swap Mist and White Rabbit around at the very least…

Personally I’d tank red if you have an appropriate one but I’m sure you’ll do okay with that… Maybe not top marks, but it should do okay (not knowing your bench depth).

1 Like

I don’t think I have much options for this one, so I’ll go with this:

I have Marjana at 4-50 something to put instead of Kelile, but the little one might dodge something, so not sure if Marjana’s health bonus is improvement. :man_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

It’s not as if either Marj or Kellie is a massive hitter… Not the easiest decision to make, but I can see why you’d go that way.

The double purple is a wise move, too.

Good luck!

2 Likes

ugh. my only suitable 5* tank is Aegir… so he’s not allowed this time, great. Looking at my choices:

Red: Elena, Marjana, Azlar. Elena/Azlar could work for Rush, but for Bloody Battle…
Purple: Sartana (have costume), Aeron (no healing here), Seshat
Yellow: Inari, Joon (have costume), Malosi, Rana
Green: Margaret, Gregorion

well, my team chose itself basically by default lol. go Yurple! Inari > Rana cause if Inari’s special goes off, the dodge will make Seshat’s minions and the two Fighters even more annoying. And Inari is +6 vs. Rana’s +2, so not a vast difference in sturdiness IMO (and Rana’s heal block is wasted a bit)

comments welcome of course.

2 Likes

I dont want to use my 4☆ stars in this defense. Is a 5☆one after all. As i have two maxed blues that i cant use and an Elkanen that doesnt do much i decided go crazy mode with this.

3 Likes

Thanks, I guess at my level these guys will not be facing top players. :crossed_fingers::joy:
Also, so far I had to invest in healers, so blood battle is not my strongest format atm.

I’m more concerned about what will I have to fight if I get a good start offensively. :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

I know you have maxed 4* heroes…

Your defence will get matched based on the highest TP defence you can put up… Not the TP you actually put up - you can’t sandbag, so there’s no point using weakl/unleveled cards.

You’d be better off with Lance at flank than that Roc (IIRC you have Lance maxed?), he’s at least Red and gives your Ursena an attack buff… And even as the glassiest of glass cannons, he’ll be tougher than a 2.25 hero.

Besides… Using two holy doesn’t help with encouraging attackers to bring holy (which you need for Ursena) and on top of that half of Rocs special doesn’t even work here.

What maxed 4* options do you have?

2 Likes

Probably not… Tactically it works so that should hopefully go well.

Only other thought is you could debate swapping Clarissa and cTibs - it’s kinda between keeping wings faster or having a higher power hero closer to center… Tough choice again :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Honestly… I wouldn’t do it.

Yurple is good, but you’re encouraging the purple side (which has the dispel) as well as opening up to Green stacks as well as Red.

Marj is fairly beefy and rogues can be surprising at tank… I’d definitely have her in there somewhere.

I’d see if there’s a good way to rearrange to get Seshat to wing (she’s much better wing than flank).

2 Likes

Those picks for red and purple. I have green and yellow but i think they are covered enough with Joon and green i dont know if its worth running any green :thinking:

2 Likes