⚔ [16 May, 2021] - 108th Raid Tournament - 4* Buff Booster, No Nature/ Green

I think Grimm is the weak link… swap him with Colen maybe?

Yellow has no dispeller…

Don’t need one if Mist can block buffs from happening in the first place

The idea is to prevent buffs with sabinaC and mist and finish the rest with colen costume

2 Likes

Think this will be mine:

Don’t have sabina in costume, else she would have been a good addition. Also not sure about either li or mist. Both are very good, but Li is AoE, so the RNG can’t screw her targeting.

2 Likes

Sorry all. This is late but after a year and a half, because of the ■■■■■■■ virus, I finally felt safe enough to visit my mother this weekend.

TY @WaVe for starting the thread :heart:

17 Likes

So here’s another option for my own defense, red-less:

I can put a few emblems on any of them i suppose. but this has no red, no cleansable poison. just one less chance for some buff action without cScarlett.

2 Likes

This is what I’m thinking of playing.

It doesn’t look like double healers are a bad idea looking at the top 10 from last time and why not double Kirils. One for overwrites, better than a debuff imo, one for the buffs and both strong colors. Boril seems a natural tank for this tourny. Sonya and Grimm are simply my best blue attackers.

3 Likes

1st draft…

Not sure if I can max Grimm’s Costume, too many blue project to level for mythic titan, 2nd nordri already maxed, 2nd Jott starting,… was leveling Ariel but she also on queue… :man_facepalming:
No rush though… goodluck everyone :muscle:

4 Likes

I love my Ametrine to death and leveled two with one emblemed to +20, but I really wouldn’t use her on defense, not in the wing spot anyway. Why? If she goes off at first charge that’s great, except she does something like 350 damage which just barely tickles. If she goes off at x2 charge it’s more impactful, but it’s equivalent to average speed so not ideal on wing. And if she stubbornly holds on to try and get to x3 charge… Well imagine having a hero slower than Alfrike in the corner, basically irrelevant except on the very worst of boards, in which case your defense would’ve won anyway.

3 Likes

With buffs, even slash attacks from healers can hurt and a fully emblemed Kiril with costume bonus is around 750+ attack

Edit : My +20 Kiril has as much attack as my +13 Mist :joy:

4 Likes

TY. I didn’t even think about this. I stopped embleming Kiril at 17 because 2 out of the last 3 nodes were attack and I went health and defense path but after reading your reply I went to +20 on both. Kiril picked up 42 more attack and cKiril looks like this:

6 Likes

Well, I’m not sure how much those extra attack will help but if you have the emblems to spare, why not?

I used to laugh at those multiple healers defense too, until I saw the slash attacks :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I am late. I will try this def:

1 Like

Other than the emblems and troops, we’re running the same defense. I have this feeling that RNG will give us wildly different results :grin:

1 Like

I checked and last time I ran something very similar to this, albeit with base Kiril instead of the costume, and both wings were unemblemed Sonya and my defense gradually slid into a D by the end of the week. So no beuano.

As such I changed to this in the literal last minute:

I feel like I should just try something different. I’ve always wanted to go with an extremely aggressive defense, and this lineup features four (!!!) heroes who give defense down. So IMO it’ll be very hard to hold your cleanse and try to have everyone go off before flipping that defense down because chances are you’ll lose a few heroes. Also the nice thing about this lineup is there are no tile dumps - there’s not a single hero in this lineup that you want to be firing at you. Buff boost be damned I say. Let’s see how this holds up.

3 Likes

Well, this happened again to me… I didn’t want to put costume Kiril, but obviously last time I used this guy he was in a costume, and he stayed that way. I really wish we could lock the version we want to put in war/tourney defence… If I wanted c.Kiril, I would definitely go for Mist/c.Tiburtus flanks… This way it’s just mess, unwanted defence for the 2nd consecutive buff booster tourney (last time it was refular Rigard instead of a costumed).

Good luck, my week is already grey. :expressionless:

1 Like

So, I won the battle and still got 0?
Should I try to change it? Looks like I lost connection soon after the battle was over… This is really a bad start of the week.

Wow dude I’m so sorry. Yeah if you lose connection at the end of the battle it counts as a loss with a big fat 0 unfortunately. I know because I’ve had it happen to me before. Really really really dumb. :frowning:

But I have won the battle, I saw the issue with connection when I was trying to get the 2nd rival? :thinking: