No Nature/ Green
:four: :star:
or lower
:three: :star:
or lower

:dizzy: Special Rule: Buff Booster

Each buffs adds an attack multiplier!

:timer_clock: History

=> Most Recent Occurrence of This Format: ⚔ [16 May, 2021] - 108th Raid Tournament - 4* Buff Booster, No Nature/ Green

=> Click Here for Log of Past Tournaments

:left_speech_bubble: Before, During & After the Tournament: Share & Discuss Your Teams, Thoughts, Feedback, and Questions!

:speaking_head: Some topics to start off with:

Click for some suggested discussion points
  • Do this week’s restrictions on hero/troop rarity and elements make your bench depth better or worse suited to this Raid Tournament than Regular Raids?
  • Are there heroes you’re likely to use for this Tournament that you normally don’t make use of anymore?
  • Are there heroes you plan to power level for this Tournament, or level before the next time a Tournament like this one rolls around?
  • Do Costumes affect your team selection at all?
  • What are you thinking about using for your Defense Team?
  • Are there heroes you expect to see on Enemy Defenses that you think you’ll have a harder time dealing with than usual because of the restrictions or special rule in this Tournament?
  • Which of your heroes will you be likely to use on your Attack Teams?
  • Will the restrictions or special rule of this Tournament change your usual approach to color stacking or team building?
  • Are there elements of this week’s Tournament that are unclear to you?
  • Do you have feedback on the Tournament matchmaking?

:clipboard: Defense Team Tracking

Hat tip to @wineybrit for originating this thread idea with the second Raid Tournament

Click for suggestions on information to include in Defence Team Tracking
  • Which day of the Tournament is it?
  • How may times have you been attacked today, and in total?
  • What is your Defense Team’s win/loss record today, and in total?
  • What Defense Grade does your Defense Team have?
  • Which heroes make up your Defense Team?
  • What is the Team Power of your Defense Team?
  • What is your current Tournament Score and Ranking?

:gem: After the Tournament: Share Your Results & Rewards!

:world_map: Log & Guide to Raid Tournaments

A Log of past Tournaments, and an overview of how Raid Tournaments work, including Special Rules and Restrictions, Attacking, Matchmaking, Defense Grade, Scoring, and Rewards.

=> Click Here for: :medal_sports: Raid Tournaments – Log, Overview, Attacking, Matchmaking, Scoring, Restrictions, Special Rules, and Rewards

5 Likes

Thanks @PlayForFun

So a blue tank ! Or maybe Wilbur as tank flanked by two ice heroes!
Shame no Brynhild this time! I love my Brynhild tank.

:turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle:

1 Like

Thinking of running a

cSabina – Sonya – Wilbur – cGrimm - D’Andre

defense for this. All are fully emblemed and maxed, cSabina and cGrimm are LB.

Sapphire and Ametrine should be great for buff booster tourneys but I wouldn’t be keen on putting ninjas in my defence team!

2 Likes

I might use Ametrine. I might run the linup below.

Ametrine - Sonya - Kiril - Mist - Cillian

I might want to use Grimm in there as well.

Unortunately Jott and Frank are two of my three limit broken blues (Kiril being the other), but not sure I want to use either of them on defense.

1 Like

Empires⚔️_2022-01-02-08-42-05

I will try this team.

I don’t really have any other options… I know that I should pick a team by synergies and not power but the difference between my full power and “just-maxed” four stars is HUGE!

Btw do you think that I should field Wilbur or a 2nd healer? Or is Kiril enough? (I have a 2nd Kiril, 2 c.Rigards, c.Sabina,c.Boldtusk, Wilbur, Lady Baa and the Warpig)

Or should I add more firepower?

1 Like

I’d probably go with more fire power. Do you have another red hero to replace sumle? He’s slow :frowning:

Cillian is great (although he is also slow!) if you have him

I’m thinking of tanking Wilbur but haven’t decided yet!

1 Like

I have:

C.Kelile+0
Scarlet+6
Gormek+7
Falcon+12

Non of them are broken :grimacing:

But you are probably right. Everybody will attack with blues (c.Kiril to cancel Kiril and Sonya to dispell)so a slow red wing might become a liability…

1 Like

Or even another blue

X - Grimm - Kiril - Sonya - X

Just a thought :grey_question:

1 Like

C Grimm - C Kiril - Ferant. Could go Ammertine and Sapphire on the wings. Or put Li Xiu. Or Mist.

I wouldn’t useWilbur as tank. Blue is the strong color and will kill him with tiles even with a subpar board, and has good counters in (c)kiril and (c) sonya. Even ferant has my doubts, as sonya is a fast and effective counter. Jott might be a good addition, even is he is slow, to deter stacking blues.

I was thinking this:

Not sure about flank triton, and Sonya or kiril on tank. Sonya deals damage, dispell and has beter tanking stats, but only deals damage to 1, and when taken out my dispeller is gone. But kiril on tank is too passive, even if giving 2 buffs, and I’ll be out of a healer when he is taken down…

Options:

Very good point @WaVe
No Wilbur then!

2 Likes

I have Kiril no talents, so this is my best def so far, please advise.

1 Like

Going with the Following
C-Sabina (+19) (Heal, Debuffer + All Opponents immune to new buffs),
Grimm (CB, + 18) (Def Down)
Kiril (+17) (Heal, Plus Ally Attack/Defense Boost),
Mist (+19) (Moderate Damage, Target/Neighbors immune to new buffs, + Mana and D Down ailment)
Sonya (CB, +20) (Another Debuffer)

Thought about putting C-Boril in for Mist (and for another Buff Boost for the team), but felt that made my defense too passive.

More firepower, players will be able to overpower your team

1 Like

Yolo:

CSab, Kiril, Ferant, Sonya, Mist

Kiril+cb my definite best tank here. One of the best counters to him will be his costume, hense costume Sonya on the wing, and Ametrine to dispel buffs. I like Mist over Li for the flank opposite Ametrine, and might as well use the ninja family bonus with Sapphire on the wing. That was my reasoning. Good luck!

2 Likes

Who would be your pick? As I said I only have a few maxed heroes. Proteus maybe? Grimm?

Decided to go like this

Screenshot_20220102-164445_Empires

Using costume side of Kiril as that is the fully leveled one and as I don’t have a debuffer in the team and he should overwrite the attack/ def ups. Unsure if I should switch Dandre and rigard to get the possible def up boost prior to Rigard cleansing?

2 Likes

Solid defence! Good luck