⚔ [15th Aug, 2021] - 121th Raid Tournament - 5* Bloody Battle, All Elements

Surviving Day 3 mission accomplished and then some. Had some decent boards for a change and even beat a 4946 TP team :smiley:
Used the same team (Ametrine - Hannah - Krampus - Onyx - Clarissa) in all but the last match where cRigard came in for Clarissa to cleanse against a Dr Moreau tank.

Defense improved to 4-5 (C) at the end of Day 2 and is hanging in there at 6-7 (C)

Day Offense Defense Score
1 5-0 1-3 (E) 3762
2 8-2 4-5 (C) 6921
3 13-2 6-7 (C) 10523

Good luck everyone!

5 Likes

Losses in the first and last matches and currently at a 16-4 record. No zeroes so far so in top 1% at the moment. Will probably buy back in for the last day since there’s a good chance that a lot of players have given up.

Defense is hanging on to C (6-10) and for a 5*, anything other than E is good :smiley:

Day Offense Defense Score
1 5-0 1-3 (E) 3762
2 8-2 4-5 (C) 6921
3 13-2 6-8 (C) 11023
4 16-4 6-10 (C) 13941

Good luck on the last day to those still in this

4 Likes

Day 4:

0: 3-2 ( 14-6); although it could have been 5-0 easily. In one of the battles my Grimble has been ready for a feast on many Bera’s minions, BUT, Krampus unexpectedly survived and threw a taunt. My game plan fell apart, board dried up and I lost. The 2nd, a phone call disrupted my internet connection, so a loss despite being in a very good position.

D: Lost count, but it is lingering between B and a C. Should be enough for top 5%, which was my goal before the start. :slight_smile:

Good luck! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I tanked Vela…well…she still shines. (DEF : 9-2)

Will see tom if I can stay in top 1%.

4 Likes

Day 5: 5-0 (19-6), few unlucky moments this week, but overall quite happy with my performance. Today I had to fight the heavyweight teams, but managed to find the answer to all challenges. Some opponents:

Defence is C atm, looks like it will be like that. :slight_smile:

I believe this is top 5% at least, mission accomplished. :laughing:

1 Like

3-2 last day to end the tournament at 19-6. Considering the opponents today ranged from 4827 TP to 4968 TP, can’t be disappointed at that. Faced Bera and Freya tanks today so brought out the Holy stack (cLeo - Devana - cJoon) with mixed results. The tile damage is high but just not fast enough in this format.

Defense remains at C (8-10). Won’t hold on to top 1% but 5% is definitely good enough for a 5* tournament.

Good luck to those yet to complete their attacks and see you at the loot lucky draw :crossed_fingers::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Sorry had a pretty busy week so no daily reports.

Day 1: 4-1
Day 2: 5-0
Day 3: 3-2
Day 4: 4-1
Day 5: 4-1
Total: 20-5
Defense: CABBB (30+ attacks since day 3)

Glad I went with my first instinct instead of overthinking it, cKad despite red being allowed is still a very effective tank for bloody battle. I would know because one of my losses came from a cKad tank. :laughing: Once that dodge goes off you either have to pray your tiles come quickly, or hope they don’t dodge and waste your specials.

Since I have no taunter and no Freya/Bera, I expected this to be a pretty difficult week. It was indeed, apart from the first match, every single team I faced was 4800+, and I think roughly half if not more were 4900+. I consider this to be a pretty good result, considering the teams I lost against had either a taunter or Bera (or both), and the teams my defense lost against invariably had a taunter.

2 Likes

Daily attacks were as follows

Day 1 5-0
Day 2 3-2
Day 3 3-2
Day 4 4-1
Day 5 5-0

Tough tournament but overall it was ok for me

2 Likes

loot39

Absolute dogshit loot once again. SG keeps pushing me closer to the edge of pulling the plug altogether each day…

1 Like

Great loot for a top 5%, will have enough to LB a 2nd Red 5* when the next quest comes around in 4 months time. Also 50 cleric emblems

See you guys next tournament!

4 Likes

No 1%??? Bullsh@#

Tournament, event. very few get into the top 1 and 5 percent. this is unfair

great loot :relaxed:

4 Likes

7 Likes

For me it’s not about loot that much, but I see myself losing interest day by day. :expressionless:
Part of the reason is the speed this game is moving on, I absolutely lost interest in trying to keep the pace. :man_shrugging:t2:
My partner gave up a month ago as well. Nowdays I’m maintaining the account, but with reduced interest in the game itself, I don’t see myself doing it for long. :slight_smile:

Back on topic, top 5% in the end, not bad.

3 Likes

Final results :

OFF : 19-6
DEF : 9-3 (A-A-A-A-A)

20210821_121543

LOOT :

Not so good this time :nauseated_face:

3 Likes

Defense:

Final Result

A: 17-8
D: 5-7 (Grade C)

Reward

IMAGE 2021-08-21 17:31:24
No 5* Aether, at least Tornado and Orichalum :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Ended in top 1% (used one continue, figured out some LB could be useful) and got Purple Aether III, so when Purple Omega Quest shows up Onyx is going to get LBd.

4 Likes

I can probably tolerate bad loot if everything else was mostly in order. But between bad pulls, bad boards, seemingly very streaky bad RNG in general, and as you noted, an ever accelerating pace that shows no signs of slowing down anytime soon, bad loot will eventually be the straw that breaks the camel’s back.

1 Like

Defenses of the top 10 finishers

4 Likes

Yes, I have the same. Pace is going too fast, and getting worn down.

This tournament:
O: 5-0, 4-1, 3-2, 2-1 and done. D: ABAAA, which got me to top10

3 Likes