⚔ [12 Nov 2023] - 238th Raid Tournament - 3* Rush Attack, No Holy/ Yellow

Today too the gods of the boards were in my favor, another 5-0 :scream: :scream: (i’m usually out by Tuesday in every rare/legendary rush format)
I keep using the same team, switching between fianna and wo3k dispeller. C.Ulmer is the weak spot, too fragile. I’ll have to max emblem Joukahainen sooner or later. Helo+Faiez is the real lifesaver. Had the most trouble against a Nashgar tank flanked by Jahangir, almost wiped out my entire team. Whenever i faced a heavy Treevil-ed team, the board went berserk with green and blue tiles :joy:
I found Fianna very useful against Faiez, not having a decent dispeller: at least the fiends blocked the healing.

4 Likes

I meant to post my defense like normal but its been busy. But a solid 10-0 with a grade A defense(66.6% win rate, how fitting). The first 5 attacks yesterday were a tad easy with only 1 Treevil tank. Today there was 3 Treevil tanks, 1 Bagreg and 1 Basil.

My first raid of the day ended up like this.

Lost my Shrubbear/Zarel early and then it came down to my Helo vs Faiez. Twas a long fight but I prevailed. Good games to everyone.

5 Likes

1 win 1 loss today and i am officially out.
:rofl:

I am just glad I did the weekly challenge yesterday, so I’m happy. Good luck everyone

4 Likes

Day 3 was anxiety provoking :sweat_smile: the last 3 battles gave me full LB2 teams but my crew held on by the skin of its teeth. Lost Joukahainen and Waqas early in the final two battles of the day, but Faiez/Treevil/Zarel rallied for victory. Some late battle luck definitely played a part!

5-0 on the day for the second day in a row.

0: 13-2
D: 5-1 (A/A/?)

Score: 9369 (Top 1% for the moment)

2 Likes

Won the first 3 matches of the day and briefly had dreams of reaching Day 4… But crashed back down to earth in the 4th attack against a Fianna tank. Got a lot of Blue tiles for Jouks and Helo, but no Greens to charge my Shrubbear after his auto-taunt ended. 4th zero of the tournament and I’m done. 3 losses against Green tanks. Think I’ll concentrate on Fawn, Boots, and Bagreg once I’m done with Torben.

Defense remains A so should stay in top 25% I think.

Day Offense Defense Score Def Score Total
1 3-2 2-0 A 1,860 900 2,760
2 7-3 3-0 A 5,211 900 6,111
3 10-4 3-0 A 7,980 7,980

Good luck to the survivors!

3 Likes

Sorry for your bad luck! Enjoy the recaps as always.

I had to look up Torben and Fawn as I forgot who they were! Hope you enjoy developing them. :slightly_smiling_face:I have Bagreg leveled now, but haven’t committed LB or emblems yet. And just picked up Boots yesterday. Both should help as I really only use Waqas for reds in tournaments these days. I have tons of other 3* reds leveled but they sadly haven’t stood the test of time. Looking forward to hearing how you like your new red squad members.

1 Like

Retaliation day has come.
2-3 today. Lost a long grind against an all green team with Faiez tank. Board wasn’t good enough to keep up with a double Zarel hitting constantly. The other two losses got annihilated fair and square. Tomorrow i’ll be out, no way i’m gonna take another 5-0.
Defense is 3-1 so far. Treevil flanked by Faiez (or viceversa) is the worst to face, it should keep me at A

3 Likes

Day 4 brought a mixed bag; mainly frustration at myself. Went 3-2 after some hard fought battles, but luckily neither loss was a zero this time.

First loss was a quick one to this team:

A standard bad Rush board which ended in an unlucky cascade for me setting off the pain quite early on. In this loss I feel pretty confident there isn’t much else I could have done differently.

Second battle was a different story….

I took some solace in seeing my opponent’s level 1 troops. I tried to gingerly :face_with_raised_eyebrow: work around the forest of Treevils to get Faiez up early to no avail. Am now really regretting that I didn’t go mono or 4:1 instead to at least try to take out a Treevil earlier on. I tend to stick with what works once I get into a solid rhythm. I get too paranoid/superstitious to change. :woman_facepalming:t2: For me that’s been Joukahainen-Waqas-Treevil-Faiez-Zarel

I am also kicking myself for not bringing Helo, though he’s not nearly as developed as Faiez. Perhaps I should have gone 4:1 with green plus Helo? Ah well. Hindsight and all that.

O: 16-4
D: 5-1 (A/A/A/?)

Score: 12,301 (Top 1% but early in the day yet)

With one day left I am on the fence about buying back in. I likely will. I hate ending on a loss where an error in judgement was my downfall.

Best of luck to all still in the fight! :crossed_swords::fire:

3 Likes

1-1 today and i’m out, as expected. Lost to a Treevil tank obviously, but i’m still wondering why my three green heroes didn’t charge in six tiles while my two blue ones did. I’m pretty sure i had two 3-tiles combo in green that didn’t charge my heroes (they were the first two moves, no enemy had fired or hit them yet), than two 3-tiles in blue that charged helo and c.ulmer. Cleansed the first hit from the tree, could nothing against the second one cause had no more tiles to match. Well, i just had to lose that raid.
Defense is still a solid A, should keep me in the top5% hopefully

3 Likes

I thought I was done with this tournament, but apparently the tournament is not done with me :sweat_smile:

My alt has managed to make it to the last day with an 18-2 record. Funnily enough, I’m using the same exact attack (Joukahainen - Zarel - Treevil - Helo - Shrubbear) and defense teams, only with weaker troops. But luck of the tiles has been better.

With a 6-0 defense, currently in the top 100 even with 2 losses. Let’s see if good luck can continue tomorrow.

4 Likes

Top 5% with all of my attacks still to go for today. A on Defense with 4 wins 2 losses. Will have to spend 75 gems probably today as I’ve lost 3 attacks so far.

I will say that LB2 +20 Fawn has been a life saver on at least 6 attacks so far. She’s an absolute beast. Basil and Jouk also. Wish I had my Zarel maxed but all my green is going to Alessia atm. She’s at +19 but need more Aethers to LB1 and 2 her. Haven’t really used her much in this tournament though. Still have Shrubby and Grevle to work on for green also. Debating on leveling Whacker, Dolgoon, and Gnomer. Also don’t know about Jack. Have Dawn LB1 at +13 so haven’t used her much either. Finishing in top 1% being only level 35 really helps me out, so that’s what I’m hoping for!

2 Likes

Exactly the same defense as I have, except I have Greel and Zarel swapped. Currently at top 1% with an 8-0 defense and a 15-5 offense. Somehow managed to lose 4 in a row in day 2 due to bad boards.

My attack team is almost the same as my defense team. I just swap Zarel out for Shrubbear. I have found that it’s good practice to spam tiles to a Treevil tank at the beginning of the fight so that Shrubbear will soak the first hit. Hopefully the tiles are green so I can get Faiez up and running as soon as possible.

This tournament is just pure rock-paper-scissors.

4 Likes

It’s comes as zero shock…

4 Likes

I finished the tournament!!!

Very embarassingly, i lost focus and quickly was kicked out on the 1st day with
1-4 – i could not concentrate so i failed miserably

I decided to come back on 2nd day with 75gems and was able to

5-0 on 2nd day
4-1 on 3rd day
3-2 on 4th day
And finally i was able to 5-0 on last day

My performance was much better on later days when swap Noril out on offence team and replace with Basil

So totally 18-7 to me , def all A
Now at top1%

4 Likes

Alt’s lucky streak lasted just one more match in the final day. Lost the next 2 including a zero against General Yin tank to finish at 19-4. Of course, then went and had a 6-0 Hero League score :sweat_smile:

Defense is up to 7-0 now so top 1% is assured.

Good luck with the loot tomorrow! :crossed_fingers: :four_leaf_clover:

4 Likes

RT went very well, currently second. Once 4 enemies left alive :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::blush::muscle::muscle:

3 Likes

Somehow went 5-0 today, and on the 4th attack cracked the top 1%!

Lost yesterday to this team:

Dawn started going off quickly and those pesky Minions never let me fire!

Overall I am happy with the result. Fawn, Jouk, and Faiez were key for my attacks. Got lucky with almost every Tree tank as I got my Fawn or Faiez to go off first in most instances. Didn’t use Maeve or Noril on any attacks. My Defense has barely been attacked, but sitting at an A. Good luck to those still competing!

2 Likes

Would not want to face your defense lol. Also wondering is there a way to find out where the cutoff point is between Top 1% and Top 5%? Also noticing that quite a few of the Top 100 players defense teams have a lot of their heroes only LB1.

Before you start your first attack, look at your current ranking. You can calculate the top 1% from there.

For example, this is from a previous tournament.

Roughly 750,000 players registered for the tournament. Top 1% cutoff would be around 7,500, while top 5% would be 37,500.

4 Likes

Thanks and lol. Happily Liam told how to count the cutoff point and alpha aethers is hard to get :sweat_smile::blush:

1 Like