1.12 - Discussion & Feedback

I’m not so sure that’s true. Let’s take my situation for example. I’ve put a good amount of money into this game, but I had intended to put more. There are still heroes that I want, and strategies that I’d like to try, but I could level my heroes at a reasonable pace before. This puts a kibosh on that. It just seems kind of pointless to acquire more heroes if they’re just going to sit in my inventory. They kinda put a ceiling on this, and maybe I should be grateful… My wallet can stop screaming at me.

7 Likes

There is something else that I don’t quite understand. The players that are complaining that they get raided too often, or are losing too much in resources when they do get raided, might decide to invest a little money and improve their team. I know I did. I wanted to get the best possible start, and it saved me a lot of that frustration. Isn’t there less incentive to do that now.

Plus, you can look at it from the angle that those of us that have invested in the game are part of the problem. The cup dropping. The attacking of weaker players to acquire more resources. All of that, but aren’t those of us that have invested in the game paying to keep it here. It just seems funny to make it harder on us. Now we certainly don’t want any game overly catering to a pay-to-win mentality, but to crap on your customer base makes even less sense. I don’t get it.

6 Likes

I see how this slows everything down from top players to noobs. I’ve taught a lot of noobs and young players how to cup drop to gain hams to lvl up their teams faster so they could gain strength. These players started to buy more hero summons because they saw how it could be done. 8 players today contacted me saying they’re quitting the game. These were good players that felt with the recent changes that the game was moving towards a pay to win game like so many out there. Simply looking in the chat rooms and the line groups i see one out of hundreds that’s happy about this update. I used to spend lots of gems to raid to power lvl heroes and because that ability was there i bought more summons. I don’t see the point of buying anymore heroes or spending gems to fill raid flags or skip raid chest. I was looking forward to maxing gravemaker fast if i got him. But you must do summons to get the bonus summons. I’m sad that this was taken away from us.

3 Likes

For people in the middle, food isn’t the hero limiting factor. it’s usually ascension mats. The food will slow it down but you’ll run out of mats before food is really an issue. For people leveling 3s and some 4s, there’s plenty of food if you got your farms up. if you neglected your farms, shame on you.

For people in some of the top alliances, they have ascension mats to ascend a dozen heroes.

Using Jimme is a bad example - remember he stockpiled heroes for A MONTH. that means he didn’t level anyone for a month.

A player taking one single hero from 1 to max in a whole month isn’t what the devs are worried about, it’s the people taking 3 heroes a week from 1 to 70 and 80. This allows tripling of any color. It allows crazy alliance war performance. It allows crazy titan stacking.

1 Like

If there was resource benefit to raiding at the diamond level there never would’ve been cup droppers to begin with. There was no incentive to keep trophy levels high other than bragging rights, but I can’t brag my way to hero training.

8 Likes

One thing added in this update that I do like a great deal, we can see our alliance ranking even outside the top 100! We’re not far, but now know exactly HOW far.

Should have included this nicety in the release notes. Surely no one could whine about that.

9 Likes

Pls, don’t think others do not know the game as well as you. We are not talking farms, rather the incremental gain from raiding.

I do not think those at gold/silver are ramping up those 5*s several times a week. That middle and lower class are being excluded from that upper class joy by this update.

Add another alt and see how it fares vs your existing alt. The new alt would be the very definition of poor relative.

This is addition to raising the fodder requirement for troops will create a permanent underclass.

2 Likes

The stealth troop thing is a load of bs. totally agree.

Just so you know, my 7dd account troops are only lvl 9-10, minus one yellow mana troop at 11 for jackal. So believe me that’s going to hit me hard too.

Look, slowing down an environment sucks. I’ve been there - was a modder for a neverwinter nights server that had too much power creep and we had to roll things back and slow things down.

But it really is a long term game. The one thing I’ve learned is just let it come and it will come.

Slowing down an environment is never fun. it doesn’t mean it isn’t in the best interest of the game. And remember you can still only bring 5 heroes on a team. There’s still diminishing returns at the top.

3 Likes

Do you mean food required to level troops has increased?
Now that really sucks!!

I assumed the loot card thingie wad to save server usage.

Next, if it is a long term game, why continue for dominishing returns?

If the devs have made these changes for hardware concerns then they should damn well say so.

And, if it is usage problems, won’t the new code nerfing loot add to the problem because raiding is going to continue apace as long as the flags are there.

Ragonn, I have not looked at it closely to be honest; however, folks I trust to notice these things say it is so.

Dante’s response notes it.

Who said anything about server hardware? Slowing an environment is about gameplay advancing faster than anticipated.

EDIT - i haven’t noticed any troop xp increases since we don’t level stuff in beta and i haven’t noted what the xp needs are per troop level before and after. but people who have been tracking that say it increased so i believe them.

So far everything is great except the raids. It costs too much food to attack a player I can beat. The food payoff is not paying off I am using 30k food to win 10k. That’s pretty messed up. I like the old way better.

1 Like

LOL lol lol lol lol lol lol!!! Too funny

1 Like

Oh, that.

I have posted several times about nerfing mercs being about asset inflation (my background).

Most players don’t take account of the increased assets the alliance members get that would have been lost w/o that help.

But this time the devs are trying to walk back the gains made using the VIP.

A better solution would be along the lines they made restricting titan fighting. Try restricting loot to the lowest tier fought for hero chests. Or just use the new loot restriction for winners with 200 points higher team power. This latest solution is just a problem.

That is so true!

By the mods, fix the damn chat message, if i want to respond with 20 characters or less that should be my choice.

2 Likes

Level 1 to 2 on 4* troops used to take 450 troop xp, level 2 to 3 took (450+125), and each subsequent level continued that and took 125 more each time. (700, 825, etc). Is it different than that now? My barracks is under construction so I can’t check.

Honestly, I don’t know, i never paid much attention to how much XP was needed for what. I just leveled stuff. But like I said, a couple different who are usually on top of these things told me it had changed…

I never realized that there were players relying on raids for mats, I only did raids for trophies not for some in game reward other then the chest

How to be understand below sentence: Use Loot Tickets to instantly grab the loot from a previously completed story stage