šŸÆ Zircon - 5* Ice / Blue from Ninja Tower

Is he your tank? What is you defense team?

This is:

And Zircon with his stats:

7 Likes

Impressive! And thanks! Assume def>health>attack path?

2 Likes

Health-def-attack with one extra def instead of health (first one to the left)

2 Likes

Looks lovely. Canā€™t wait to max mine. Sadly, thereā€™s no way Iā€™d ever get this many emblems for him. Luckily heā€™s at his peak at +18 already.

1 Like

Alexandrine is very very good as healer tank but does not overhealā€¦ I would go Alex just based on emblems availability

Is Zircon considered to be better than Quartz and if so, why?

For me I like Zircon more than Quartz because of his ability to make all buffs indispellable. Pair him with a taunter and you have a crazy synergy happening plus your hot cannot be cleansed away. I think Quartz is still a good hero despite peoples complaints about his second special being on par with costume rigard. His first special makes him a very fast healer which is awesome to counter Morel/Frigg. But the indispellable buffs is an awesome perk imo

2 Likes

I have both and Iā€™d sayā€¦ it depends.

Overheal is obviously better than regular heal if you are looking at that. Make it undispellable and throw a defense buff over it. Zircon is all shiny for a support hero whose goal is to make your team survive.

Quartz on the other hand is regular HoT only which is kinda meh, and it can be dispelled. But the cleanse for all team is always ready and you may basically forget that status ailments are in the game. Facing ailment heavy team itā€™s awesome. Then attack buff is something youā€™d take for granted but it adds up nicely. People say ā€œyea C Rigard can do it as wellā€. But then - C Rigard is one of the best heroes in the game in his price tier, and Quartz is BETTER due to lifesaving versatility.

So Zircon for a support is more defensive and offers better survivability for the team - something that is a perk in defense and people always tend to measure heroes depending on how well they perform in defense. Forming good synergies with buffs such as taunts etc. also makes him suit better for that purpose (although being same element as Krampus does not help). Quartz is more attack oriented support, requires some thought to be used effectively therefore itā€™s a hero for offense use mostly, and heroes like that are often overlooked (many think that a hero thatā€™s bad in defense is a bad heroā€¦). But facing ailment heavy team heā€™s like an everlasting ailment shield + attack buff on top of it.

I think both suffer because they are joining the game at stage where itā€™s saturated with great blue and purple healers; and at this point, pretty much everyone has one they commited to and love. Zircon offers some more unique utility than rather straightforward Quartz. Doesnā€™t mean either of them is bad. Just that for people who can afford them both may feel redundant. So less redundant option wins.

7 Likes

Those that have Zircon, would he make a good tank or the the ninja predictability still holding him back? I am thinking standard V for war or possibly a M formation with Zircon and Wolfgang as the two front tanks (with Quenell, CVanda, Hanna in the back)?

I am assuming worth LB if tank worthy, D already goes over 1000 with emblems and before LB, so the stats are there.

Question. If zircon fires his 3rd special and in the second round after that fires again his first special, he stop boost health based to the third and starts form his first? If that happens then itā€™s a problem using him on defence

correct, he reapplies new buffā€¦

But for that to happen, is quite a difficult chain of eventsā€¦ very unlikely :wink:

So today, I got one as well:

Pleased :blush:. Now I have 3 unique ninjas (Cobalt, Onyx x2 and now Zircon) so complete Family bonus. Also one healer so thatā€™s handy too. And blue HP booster, plus fastest one with Garnet.

5 Likes

Yeah, you gonna love him, congrats :slight_smile:

Word of advice : only use his first charge if enemy is going to set multiple specials in same round / for deff buff), otherwise save his charge for atleast 2nd one, since healing progresses alot better :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I managed to get Zircon with coin pulls as my first 5* Ninja last nite! Now I gotta decide between him or finishing of Sobek for my D Teamā€¦ My current team is:

-LB Guan Yu
-LB Elizabeth
-LB Milena
-Wolfgang (need 1 more Aether III)
-LB Hannah

Between Sobek & Zircon who would u guys go with??

2 Likes

Tough choice, they are both great heroes. Milena also plays the role of healer or AoE which covers both Sobek and Zircon. If it were up to me Iā€™d go Zircon since the boosted HoT is great (particularly since you donā€™t have Prof Lidenbrock or Garnet). Also Zircon synergises well with Wolfgang so you can make his boosted heal undispellable. But canā€™t go wrong either way!

Zircon is, imo, more of an offensive hero where Sobek is more balanced for both offense and defense.

I would choose Sobek. Excellent hit all. Ninjas and charge heroes are too random for my tastes on defence, what with the AI controlling when they fire.

2 Likes

i have faced Zircon before in wars, and Iā€™ll say that as a tank, he is very underrated. Heā€™s really solid, and with the right team, he can perform very well.

1 Like

I was wonderingā€¦ If I use c. melendor and applies defense up, then zircon to protect the buff and finally killhare, would she overwrite the defense up?