Your Defense Team Is Good Enough

I understand the concept of what you are saying, and to a degree I will agree with you. But on the whole I think you are wrong.

The point of any game (IMHO) is to be competitive. What competitive is looks different for different people depending on budget, goals, etc.

All that being said, I reject the premise that ok is good enough, opening “most” chests in diamond is good enough, and that focusing on making your def as strong as possible isn’t a good investment.

I can farm damn neary any level with my defense…many on auto (Edit not all the hard levels obviously), I can take my def into most raids and win up till I get into the 4600+ teams, each member of my def team becomes a key part of an individual war team, AND the strength of my def directly correlates to my Alliance performing well in wars.

Sure, if you are only interested in soaking up 2 flags. In our latest war 9 flags were used to kill me 3 times (per kill 3, 2, 4). This isn’t meant to be bragging, but that is huge. When points per flag in the name of the game, that could easily be the difference between winning and loosing.

All this to say, your def may be good enough to stay above 2300 cups… but I personally dont think that is good enough.

1 Like

I keep pushing for the best team possible. I have ten 5* heroes that can stand their ground with emblems as far as possible. It’s not the best of teams but it’s the best I can put forward.

1 Like

I especially like this point. I used to be stressed out seeing other players with +12 to +20 all-Legendary teams… then I realized that I’d be better off spreading my emblems around instead of pumping them all into my defense team.

1 Like

Why is this a better strategy?

@Cvs

Many players employ the ‘push all possible resources into a single team’ strategy, so that their defense is as high as possible.

However, just one strong team isn’t as helpful when attacking in war. Spreading emblems around lets you boost teams 2-6, so they can better take out tough targets.

2 Likes

This could still be done while improving the 5 classes that you use for your defense…

Pro: you have more chances to need more war flag to be killed
Cons: you could only do that with the remaining 5 classes.

You ain’t kidding.

I remember when I was still working on my roster of 4s… somewhere in the low 3k range, slowly making my way up to platinum… at that time, 3500-3600 TP was enough to keep you in solid mid platinum.

Today? Ha! You’re lucky to stay above 1600 cups with anything less than 3500 TP.

I’m not even going to bother trying getting into diamond until I have all of my 5*s finished and emblemed. And even then… with all of these 4500+ TP teams out there… looks like it’s pretty much “one step forward and two steps back” no matter how hard I try. :man_shrugging:

@TGW

I find floating around 2400-2600 still gives me good match ups, but I DO have to reroll a few times to find one. It’s possible that I’ve been in diamond long enough to not remember how tough it was to stay in it when I first arrived. If I recall correctly, my team was right around 3.8k when I moved up and stayed there, but I’m well past that now (~4250).

I also watch for tanks that my best attack team is strong against. For example, I have Finley, so Aegir and Ares tanks drop like flies.

However…when I get over 2700 cups…I get hurled down with a rocket attached to my butt. I’ve dropped 350 cups in one night before, but that doesn’t happen when I close out less than 2600.

1 Like

I’m not putting my 5s on my team until they’re finished (2 are nearly done, 2 more not far behind, the last one still has a ways to go). Still running with my 4s in the meantime. Just a shade over 3700 TP, holding steady between 1950 and 2100 cups. I’m hoping to bump myself up into diamond once my legendaries are finished, but now with S3 heroes to contend with… I’ll probably be lucky to get up to 2300 cups (defensively at least… I’ll probably be able to raid myself up into diamond if I try, but will most likely get knocked back down to platinum the moment I log off).

1 Like

In addition, also helps me out in Raid offense (I now have strong mono Purple, Blue AND Red teams because I spread the emblems around), Challenge events / Raid tournaments (because I saved some emblems for 3s and 4s).

1 Like

My question was more or less rhetorical.

I would generally disagree with this. There are 10 classes. I would 100% take 10 very heavily emblemened heroes over 30 heroes with 5-7 levels.

Those 10 heavily loaded heroes are crazy powerful and become a great foundation for all your teams.

This is the model that I have used. I raid into the top 100 daily, generally have 4 one shots per war against 4400+ teams, am more than able to place high enough in Challenges, auto play most emblem quests, etc etc.

1 Like

Having 5’s in all classes, maxed and emblemed, is some very end-game stuff. If you’re breaking top 100 daily…you’re in the elite, and I can imagine pushing your top teams to the max is all there is left.

Just to add to what I’ve said already - The emblems from a +20 5 star can take three 4’s to +20. That can be very meaningful to someone without a big bench of 5s.

2 Likes

@Cvs I agree with you. I have 15 fully ascended 5* heroes (3 of each colors) of which 10 (2 per color) are loaded with emblems (for each class). I have 20 fully ascended 4* heroes without emblems for extra stacking options if I want to go beyond 3:2 stacking. The number of combinations for attack is endless. And I can play various defense and war combinations.

The way I have looked at this is to develop 3 x 5 star heroes of each colour and given them 7 emblems each as a starter for 10. Covering all classes. The remaining 5 star have none.

Each of my fully levelled 4 star heroes has at least one emblem. None for duplicates. I am currently building emblems on a handful of 4 star like Boldtusk, Rigard, Grimm, Buddy, Wu Kong etc. etc.
When finished I will return to my 5 star ‘A’ team and load them further.

I have not allocated any emblems to 3* heroes

1 Like

@JGE

Sounds like an excellent plan. I’m going a similar route, except I’m stopping at +9 for good 5’s, and some special 3’s get some. (Wild Horses couldn’t drag emblems from my 3x +18 Namahages! They are BEASTS). Just pulled Nordri from Valhalla summons, and he’ll get some too.

If I ever pull a 5* barbarian, I’ll have some tough choices to make…

1 Like