Wow counter-attack is deadly

This is gonna sound ridiculous but after one whole year I finally pulled a counter hero, Cyprian.

A welcome addition to my roster as I’m weak with purple.

I used an underlevelled Cyprian in war and was very surprised to come away with the win.

My opponent’s near full health Skittleskull was about to fire and I used Cyprian’s super.

I dunno why I didn’t expect this but it was basically insta suicide for skittles and I won with ease with the help of Kiril and Gandalf

Wow! I’m shocked. This is what I’ve missed out on for a whole year.

3 Likes

Riposte is a great tool if your opponent has multiple AoE hitters. It’s easily dispelled, but the AI is not smart enough to dispel it first.

7 Likes

Cyprian was one of my first 4* heroes way several months ago. I leveled him without knowing to much about riposte… I’m still using him, he is one of my dark favorites along with Obakan. And thinking about to level Boril as well.

1 Like

Yeah Im suprised so many people don’t like/use riposte heroes. If I notice more than one aoe or attack target and nearby allies hero on a players defense team and blue is a good color to bring, then i love to bring boril. Watching Azlar kill himself is always satisfying

3 Likes

Cyprian does more counter attack damage because his defense is lower than Boril, but more HP. His reflected damage is more significant. But Boril has massive defense and I think he’s better for that reason.

2 Likes

That’s a good way to analyse it, I never thought of it that way before. Thanks.

1 Like

Cyprian was my first purple 4*. Take the Rare Quests like Shiloh and Morlovia for example, the last stage you are essentially giving the death sentence to the dragonian mages and vampire lords when you have riposte up and they hit you and your surrounding allies.

2 Likes

Boril and Cyprian lose their usefulness at higher raiding tiers and titans. However, they are still awesome heroes. I used Cyprian all they way up to Platinum level and it will be a very long time before he drops off my war roster.

2 Likes

@Hcmitchellr I disagree I use cyprian on my purple mono team and used this team solely last night to achieve this

3 Likes

I dont doubt it and good job.

As I mentioned, I still use him in war and take out teams of that level. Im considering replacing him with Boss Wolf, but that slow mana…

1 Like

I really like riposte, the fact that the you could passively inflict high spikes of damage is pretty attractive.

2 Likes

My problem with riposte heroes is that they’re passive. If I bring one of them to a fight, then I can’t use a hero that actually hits to take out, say, an Azlar that’s about to fire his special. I’d much rather have a 3rd or 4th attacker so I can burn down a specific hero than wait for that hero to attack and have to deal with the ongoing effects.

Sure they have their uses, but I agree with Hcmitchellr - once you have a few more heroes, they become less attractive.

3 Likes

The cool thing of riposte is the way it works.
A special attack usually is less effective more the opponent is strong.
Riposte works exactly on the opposite side, increasing his power with stronger opponents, and thats simply amazing.

Against a 12* titan riposte can totally make a good score even with a very bad board.

4 Likes

Yup. Riposte is like Judo. That’s the martial art that focuses on using your opponents strength against them, good for little guys. I’m going to finish leveling Boril up soon because 10* and 11* titans hit HARD with AOE. Just mana him up when the special is about to fire lol

2 Likes

Against red titans my team will soon be Triton, Kiril, Grimm, Boril and Wu Kong. Sounds good to me. I’ve started using revive scrolls as well. Have a bunch saved up because I never used to use them. I don’t even mind if the titan kills my heroes with Riposte active. Just means the titan is hitting himself real hard lol

1 Like

Elena, Obakan and Sumitomo combine Riposte with direct attack.

4 Likes

Also crappier stat = crappier performance usually. With counterattack, crappier defense = improved performance.

If you have a good healer this is amazing

1 Like

Agree, and thats why i like Elena so much.
Sick attack and nothing defence with riposte.

I like her so much with titans that i’m leveling a 2nd to cover my entire team against 12*.

2 Likes
3 Likes

I used Sabina, a massively underlevelled Cyprian, Drake, Zim and Magni with an average board against a Guin tank and it was fantastic.

Cyprian was my hero of the match as the AoE 5* heroes standing behind Guin got owned with counter. :slight_smile:

I think Cyprian is my new favourite hero

1 Like