Worst Update Empires and Puzzles has released v30 #nospend

464yhs

Thank you, buddy. :wink:

6 Likes

I for one value your opinions. I believe they come from an intelligent cynicism, or what I call realism. You’re not trolling and a voice of dissent that doesn’t come from a place of anger is a valuable stance to have. Keep doing what you’re doing. Just because you’re not happy about eating $&!@ doesn’t mean you’re wrong.

4 Likes

I do also feel the asian market is playing on SGs mind…There will be more money than ever before flowing into this game. There is no doubt in my mind that is why the new things listed are set for Q4 release.

2 Likes

Gambling act 2005 United States

@TGW im a fan. I enjoy reading your posts. Keep em up

1 Like

Probably shouldn’t be responding but I’m 2.5 years F2P. Hero Academy is better than I expected. I think I’ll probably actually manage to get a red 5* that isn’t slow or Sartana or a yellow Mana troop or any less common 5* (only have 4 non-vanilla 5*)! I’m prioritizing HA level 10 above everything else now.
On another note alchemy lab is much better. I think I may use it constantly. Great update to me.

You and me and all other non spenders will probably be the first ones to be shafted if this goes belly up :rofl:

I am Thai and playing from Thailand. I am not sure that Asian market will response well. Japanese, Korean, Chinese, they all have good on-line game available in the region. E&P penetration to Asian market is very limited.

Language is also a problem, although Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Arabic is available but there are many more languages that are not supported, Hindi, Thai, Vietnamese… etc. And I do not think that SG is interested in those either.

When I see the alliance leader board, I hardly see Asian names on it…

6 Likes

I am 1.5 years F2P, HA will help me get green 5* not named Elkanen. My odds will be 16% (5% Lianna, 5% Kadilen, 5% Horghal, & 1% non-S1 green).

That is going to be harder, your odds is just 6% (5% Marjana + 1% non-S1 red).

That being said, HA is worse than I expected simply because there is no 3*/4* retraining with chance for non-S1 3*/4*. I would also like my non-S1 do not result in S1 when retrained. Non-S1 is already hard enough to get for F2P and getting one that is bad without a way to change them into another guaranteed non-S1 is disheartening. (I’m still waiting for SG to fulfill their promise that HA will be F2P friendly @ScottySG @mhalttu)

3 Likes

I kinda agree with you. I’ve never been a huge spender on the game. I’ve spent some money but not like an addict or gambler; and I’m enjoying this game and happy with what I’ve got by now. Also, other than the gaming itself, in our alliance, we do talking about day to day life and we really enjoy the time together.

I don’t think adding or removing a building (or any other feature) can make me change my attitude towards the game the way I described. I continue playing the way it is. If some day I see that this game doesn’t give me a happy time like before, or it’s getting more important than any other important thing in my life, I’ll simply quit.

All we want from a game my friends, is entertainment, and daily enjoyment. When it becomes “more than just a game” for a person, and makes him/her rage or get angry or whatever, then gaming is TOXIC for that person’s life and it’s better for him/her to quit and do not play any other games forever, if they don’t want to ruin their life or their family.

3 Likes

Really great input here but as someone stated we should get some ideas, that can be equally agreed upon, to benefit a players of all status ftp to whales.

Proud to be #nospend since 2 years. After a several drawings I realized I was just throwing my money away.
And YES, there is a life after dea…(sorry) after #nospend. I’m still playing, still talking with friends, still doing daily activities and killing titans, collecting free path of valor rewards, and still whining after every free draw I made using in-game earned gems and tokens. But it is all for FREE now!

Now the second face of #nospend

• I get only 1-3 heroes per year (outside season 1)
  • I don’t aim any specific hero as I do not have gems for a lot of drawings
  • I do not have duplicated hotms/event heroes and every hero outside season 1 is valuable in my roster
  • I do not aim any specific hero, just play-collect-draw like game (usually with no luck)
  • I had to learn how to play with the heroes I have, even they are avarage and others don’t even thain them
  • and moch more… :slight_smile:

Just enjoy the game and ignore the special offers :slight_smile:

Greetings~

5 Likes

I said something similar in another thread. I think all the 2+ year old HotM should become classic heroes.

I do think we need to give clear guidance as to what’s wanted here. Yes, LISTEN, but what action can SGG visibly take so that #nospend will stop? I had an alliance member ask me this as well.

I’m happy to make suggestions, but I do wish @Anchor would make his thoughts known.

3 Likes

20 characters of Hell yes !!!

1 Like

Should I put this as a suggestion? Or has this been suggested like this before?

1 Like

Same with troops! 2 and 1/2 years of playing and I still only have 1 4* Dark troop. All of my others I have 5 and probably more that I have fed, but who needs more than 5 of any level same color troop? I am a modest spender, @$25 a month, but you are right. I will stop my spending until this is fixed. [quote=“Anchor, post:1, topic:191176, full:true”]
TLDR: other gaming companies are getting sued for in game “loot crates” (summons) and as a community we need to temporarily stop spending our money on this game until SG actually makes the changes they promised a year and a half ago.

I’ve played this game for nearly 3 1/2 years and I have never been so disappointed with a roll out of a release. Id encourage you to take part in #nospend

When you see a company like EA sports getting sued over their “loot boxes”, it’s surprising to see SG still doubling down on summon portals/extenuating odds.

This is the last type of content that I wanted to produce for this game but it’s time for us to stand up as a community and fight for changes. Daily you will see complaints from your consumers about the slim distribution of heroes and the overwhelming gambling premise of the game.

Beta provided tons of feedback to help alleviate the consumer dissatisfaction while keeping the integrity of your business model with the new release of “The Hero Academy”. Those suggestions have fallen on deaf ears and now I encourage everyone in the community to take place in a simple spending strike and leave your wallets out of this game for awhile until they make changes.

A year and half ago during a AMA, SG promised changes to come to help mitigate dissatisfaction with accessibility to heroes. We were told that they understood our pain and something would be put in place. And with their official statement to beta on this horrible release, we are yet again told to “just wait”.

SG built the Hero Academy, as a “Band-aid” for a massive wound and an even bigger gap in consumer dissatisfaction.

I just released a video 24 hours ago with overwhelming support for the cause and now is the time for us all to join together and keep our wallets closed

SG you have the perfect opportunity to make things right, and I hope you can find a solution that satisfies Zygna ($$) while retaining your player base.

[/quote]

Oops just bought the Valhalla deal

Seriously folks, those that spend hundreds of dollars in this game please seek professional help.
This is not a joke.

I am reading that more and more countries are starting to take notice of these Loot boxes cash grab.
I think its inevitable that this is going to crumble down around SG scheme. If the gatcha becomes ilegal the well dries up for SG.

2 Likes

I spent 8 on vahala deal too. Instantly regretted it. I hadn’t spent in a month before that and won’t spend more until EoP figures out a way to be less predatory. #nospend

A lot of places where you spend gems, the odds are openly displayed. There’s nothing illegal about displaying poor odds and folks still choosing the throw money at it.