Why are the no African American male characters?

Excellent! That is another vote for more diversity in the game, or at least another player who has no objection to it.

(I am a little surprised more people are not arguing that they prefer their heroes whitewashed.)

5 Likes

I swear people search for things to be offended by. I’m guessing you’re under 30. It’s your generation though. You don’t feel validated until you’re victimized.

No one has suggested there has been an exclusion on purpose - it was probably unintentional.

And it does, which is cool. Plus, we get to make suggestions about what we like and dislike, which is also cool.

2 Likes

One more thing I will say before I stop replying. My saccharin supply is running sweet and low.

Why not include?

You took the time to argue that its not blatant exclusion, so I wonder what animals, small appliances or sentient plant life would be harmed if we added another culture in?

2 Likes

It’s strange to me how argumentative people get as soon as someone brings up the cr-razy notion that any game could afford to have more diverse fantasy characters.

4 Likes

I’m glad to see this is becoming a lively discussion. Just a reminder since moderators are probably asleep, keep it a civil one so they don’t wake up to another messy thread on this topic. :slight_smile:

Thanks all for joining in, onward with the discussion!

2 Likes

This should be in the suggestion forum not general discussion.

1978, 6 kids and free of the prejudgement you have exhibited.

But thats really the point, isn’t it?

Doesn’t it feel better to add more content? Thats all it is in the end.

3 Likes

That is a witless and cliché shot at a generation I’m certainly not part of. I don’t have the energy to be offended by that - go fall asleep in your Lay-Z-Boy, Gramps.

5 Likes

I think it might still be in the “forumalting what the suggestion is” phase, but it seems reasonable that it could move. (Or yield a new suggestion thread once discussion has given rise to a specific suggestion.)

@DoctorStrange, as the OP, do you want to move this to Ideas & Feature Requests?

But…its…, a discussion…?

OP asked a question to stimulate discussion. There seems to be broad consensus so far that:

1. Heroes are not particularly diverse.
  2. No one would have any particular objection if they were more diverse.

We don’t have any suggestion on board yet, beyond that. When we do then a new thread might be appropriate.

7 Likes

I’d play a game called “Wakanda” if it was good enough. I certainly wouldn’t get my panties bunched up begging to include more white people. I guess I’m just not over sensitive about cosmetic things.

No panties were bunched in the making of this discussion.

Questions were asked, thoughtful discourse ensued… aside from a generational misjudgement here or there, its been pretty civil…

Just want the cards man.

2 Likes

I See no Problem to add more types of everything if they want.
If SG see it fit in they can do it. If enough peeps want more white,dark,elves, wervolfes and so on they can decide on a Art and marketstandpoint if they should do it.
I also dont see a Problem with voicing this opinion and demands.
Argue for them with Social inklusivity…there I See a Problem.

For someone who doesn’t care, you seem to be spending an awful lot of time disparaging people who do care. When I don’t care about something I tend to ignore it or focus on something I do care about.

Hmm… it’s almost as if you somehow do care, but lack the courage of your convictions.

If you really prefer your heroes all white, then say so. If you don’t care whether they’re more diverse or not then wonderful! You’d have no objection to more diversity.

6 Likes

This isn’t some 0.1% uncommon subset of the human race asking for representation though.

I don’t know what % of people have dark skin, but let’s say it’s 20%… that’s a big number to exclude.

Imagine if someone made a game of Planet Earth and didn’t include, let’s say Antarctica, Greenland, or the North Pole. People might say “oh that seems like an odd choice to not represent an entire continent…”

Might not impact gameplay at all. Still and odd design choice.

5 Likes

So if you’re not over sensitive to cosmetic things, then you have argument against adding more different characters. Great!

1 Like

My goodness, those old people really get worked up don’t they? :wink:

3 Likes

Dude… you are right. They do need more werewolves. All we have is graymane.no joke.