What do you love/hate about the game?

I love this game and the staff are really good at their jobs.

Only two frustrations I really have:

1. Alberich’s insane rezzing ability in raids (gonna get hate for this, I’m sure)
  2. Getting dupe 3* in premium summons (although I understand the business model)

Otherwise, I think this is the best game out there on the mobile market.

3 Likes

Is it a case of “Keep 'em hungry, and then they’ll appreciate the scraps”?

:smiling_imp:

1 Like

If you get Albi nerfed, we’ll find out if you can punch someone through the Internet. :wink:

just kidding. Sort of. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Haha, well I started an old post called Overpowered and Underpowered (I think) heroes, and people responded how much they hated Boldtusk… and there was a nerf next update :wink:

Please stop posting now. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Kerridoc
@Little_Infinity

Both sides are equally valid, which means no matter whether things stay the same or they change, there will be one group happy and another group not so much. There are over one million people playing this game, so obviously the developers did something right in spite of a flawed reward system… at least for now.

The unspoken problem with this game, as with most others, is that with time eventually comes monotony, and monotony without restrains turns a game boring… it is just a matter of how long it takes for each person.

I used to play Jetpack Joyride and Subway Surfers for hours in spite of the entire game being about moving in one direction at a steady speed endlessly. The rewards for each were getting a higher score and collecting items (cosmetic and practical) that could be used in future runs, but eventually playing the same thing for years got boring enough that the prizes no longer were enough to keep my enjoyment up. Angry Birds and Candy Crush were also a load of fun, but in spite of every level being different, having a near-endless number of levels with no finish line eventually took away the satisfaction of making it one level further.

With an RPG, you are supposed to play for a long time. Whether everything stays the same or changes are made regularly, eventually everyone will give in to boredom. One major flaw of the game might actually not have to do with the reward system but the energy system. With the other games, whether you play well or poorly, you keep playing for as long as you want without a break. Except for making use energy potions, in this game you can only play for a short while and then have to take a long break… play a little more and take a break. Maybe if we could raid and mine endlessly without having to wait, some rewards would come faster.

1 Like

Surprised no one has mentioned ares

The guy is insane

@Dante2377 made me hush.

… and that is even after being nerfed a bit. (I am not aware of how much. I just remember it happening.)

I dont remember Ares being nerfed, anyone care to remind me how/when?

There are also a lot of games with similar limited energy. I think the choice is healthy, as it prevents complete burn-out. Most people don’t have 18 hours/day to play a game, so this flag system levels the field a bit. Most of my allies are professionals who squeeze in Titan hits and bits of gameplay into an otherwise busy schedule.

I do agree, though, that having an in-game activity that doesn’t use flags would be a great addition. A key element, I think, would having it create little or no reward. For example: intra-Alliance dueling. Challenge an ally to a duel using a variant of the current raid system. No tangible reward for winning, but it would allow friendly interaction and an opportunity to test out team configurations.

4 Likes

I could have been misinformed. I did not have him at the time. I just happened to be in general chat several months ago, and several players were angry because four or five 5* heroes were nerfed at the same time, and one person mention Ares among them.

I love RNG, I hate RNG

Edit: Forgot to add I hate Ares n all the annoying Ripostes. I need Domitia.

1 Like

Giving heroes a lifespan is a really bad idea. I paid good money to get my Obokan in an elemental summon & I certainly wouldn’t want to lose the time & efforts that I put into him to level him up & the ascension mats that I paid for in the special events to go away. This is a REALLY BAD idea, you’d be robbing me of money that I spent hard to pay for. I work on a limited budget & to kill my Obokan after x amount of time would be rude & devastating. I certainly hope this NEVER occurs!!!

If y’all read the thread from Coppersky who had a sit down video convo with the devs, there are things like some of these things in the works. Right now they are working on Season 2 & Alliance Wars, but the suggestion of intra-alliance warring for alliance improvement has been discussed but I don’t think it’s gotten very far.

Eh Ares, is easy to beat. I’ve done it many times. I love the Perfect Rispote I rely on it to let raidees & enemies alike to kill themselves.

1 Like

You’d hate it given where you currently are and under the current system where heroes take so much time and money in terms of investment. Again, mixing paradigms.

I’m talking an entirely new paradigm… in which your money spend is not just about developing a single band of heroes to the point of boredom.

Different strokes… and there’ll never be a single solution to please all. Guess you’d prefer the system in which you are so heavily invested. I’d prefer a system in which I can expect some variety and a ever-renewing/refreshing source of interest… at which point I’d be prepared to become more heavily invested. (i.e. invest in the game concept instead of individual heroes).

Whatever.

I hate the message player online, cannot revenge. Today I lost three revenge that were on the botton of my list because I have been attacked to much. Those players where between 2500 / 2600 trophies. I don’t got the oportunity to revenge. That’s unfair. Increase the list length or let us attack online players.

What I love? The game

1 Like

There is only one bad thing about this game. The flat denial by the developers to actually listen to the players and moderate even a tiny bit some the grossly unbalanced aspects of the game. Seriously, easy to implement, small changes would catapult this game from mostly fun to play with periods of needing to punch anyone from the game company to a serious contender as one of the best games on the platform… But, just keep rolling along E&P until another app comes along and eats your lunch.

1 Like

Thought it apt to resurrect this topic.

I’m moving on after a good 9 months in the game, so thought I’d give my final thoughts of what I love and dislike about it. (Me moving on is not worth its own topic - my ego only stretches so large… :no_mouth: )

Love:

• Truly addictive. I didn’t count myself a match 3 fan, but the combination of match 3, RPG and hero + building/resource development is a great combination. Truly inspired idea and deserves its success.

• Beautiful artwork and lovely little touches (people that wave; the lighting in the seasonal events; birds flying past; pumpkins at halloween; suicidal bunny rabbits; etc. etc.). It shows a dev team that have imagination and a love for their game.

• My alliance. They are the reason I continued playing for as long as I did. It was excellent to see them grow from a pss-ant little semi-interested group (originally called ‘wot’) struggling on 3* and 4* titans to a band that regularly takes down 8*, only lost 1 war since they started and climbed to over 100k alliance score. I am extremely sad to be leaving them behind.

• The forum community. Very helpful and often forthright (to the point of amusement) (@Brobb I’m looking at you). The time and effort they spend in helping players and advising (@Revelate; @Rook; @Gryphonknight; @Dante2377 and @Brobb to name a few) is a credit to the community. The forums have been as much a part of the game as the game itself.

• The ability to succeed even if you choose not to spend… as long as you have patience. The balance between F2P and P2W is always hard to strike, and SG seem to have it about right in this one.

• Alliance Wars. This was a good boost to my interest in the game at a time when it was flagging seriously. I like the concept of needing to develop more of your team and the decisions you need to make when attacking after your main strength is gone. Utterly ruined (in my opinion) by the arrows - more on that below.

Dislike

• Raids started on ‘hate’. Grew to ‘accept’ when I got the hang of it. Grew back to frustration towards the end. An entirely personal thing - I take the wins as my rightful due (yes, that’s me being honest about my inflated ego) and take the losses hard. As such I get only little pleasure out of the wins, and great frustration from the losses. This (for me) was ultimately an unrewarding pursuit. (The fact that I needed to continue to do them to keep the chests turning over added to this problem). Very personal issue… it’s actually not a criticism of raids. I grew to understand and appreciate that they are well thought out and well balanced and a necessary different aspect to the game… but I just could not grow to like them.

• AW ruined by arrows. Many will sing their praises. I never did (and still don’t) accept their value or their point despite having read and participated in many a debate about them. They sucked the joy out of AW for me - personal opinion, but that’s the effect they had. So many potentially interesting encounters in AW cut short or not allowed to develop because of them. I appreciated AW despite them, not because of them.

• (Towards the end) The absolute unrelenting constant slog. A lot of my joy went out of the game when my resource usage rate depleted my stockpiles of material and I found I could not earn them fast enough to recoup. This happened when hitting the higher end Titans. I now face being denuded of necessary offensive items after an event, and lack the necessary defensive items for the higher Titans. They share common rare materials, which my farming rate cannot replenish fast enough. My choices are to accept lower contributions in Titans; harder battles in Events and spend more time farming. All unpleasant choices… and will only buy temporary relief. It drained my enjoyment and became more like work than a relaxing game.

• Gambling everywhere - everything is random. Really get tired of the RNG sticking a thumb in the eye again and again and again. Finally get 5* (yaay). It’s Leo (awww). I get another 5* (yaaay). It’s Leo again. (Awww). I get yet another 5* (yaaay). It’s Leo again (wtf?!?). I (FINALLY) get a HOTM (yaaay). It’s Aeron. (meh). I draw a 10x pull from gems and get all 3* (awww), but I do get another HOTM (yaaay), but it’s the same month, so it’s Aeron again (Awww). I spend money for that final 4* ascension mat (Royal Tabards) after literally MONTHS of needing them. Guess what the next ascension mat that comes up in the next rare quest? You got it… Royal Tabard. The final straw comes when in 3 consecutive AW battles, I double on 2 colours… leaving 2 colours unequipped. In all 3 the majority of tiles I start with and that replenish were the missing colours. 3 battles in which I managed to fire all of 1 special. (Awww). Left me thinking “Why am I doing this?” Basically, the RNG got old for me. Had enough.

So, what would I improve?

• Shards. Given enough spend, or enough investment, they bring a bit of a guarantee. Reward consistent investment in time and/or money with something a bit more certain.

• Lose the arrows in AW (or introduce other constructs to help the defenders and at least vary between them). I came up with some ideas in one of my posts… a worthy one I feel was reserve heroes - defeating a hero brings in a replacement from reserve allocated in advance by the defender.

• Have AW defenders vary after defeat (i.e. you need to set 3x defences without being able to use the same hero in more than 1 team). This keeps it interesting for attack and gives the tail end attacks more legs. Who says the defenders should always win? History is littered with wars where they didn’t.

• Some relief to the resource slog… maybe ability to sacrifice resources for other resources… or spend gems to boost needed (as opposed to random) resources. Or maybe a form of crafting in which you switch your slog to focus on needed resources (at the cost of experience, troops, heroes, etc as that’s no longer where you’re spending your time… but able to shore up your resources to last you another couple of weeks).

• Better tools for alliance recruitment and management. The months of broken alliance search is ridiculous… and that introduced by a change to ‘fix’ a system that wasn’t actually broken in the first place. Alliance management is also much harder work than it needs to be.

Yes, plenty of food for debate in the ideas above. They are my personal thoughts, and unlikely to participate in any serious debate about them.

I’m not moving on in anger, or in disappointment. The game served me well and I got a lot of enjoyment out of it. But when it starts feeling more like work and less like a game, then it’s time for a change.

Wish SG and the players every success. It’s been a journey… and an interesting one at that. :slight_smile:

14 Likes