Waves: Discussion on how to support alliance mates through mental health and emotional aspect of E&P -

So whether it’s been noticeable or not on the forums, I’ve substantially reduced forum time even for just jovial banter…my play time has been substantially reduced and to be honest apathy has kind of set in for me in the midst of everything for Empires & Puzzles.

Part of this can be attributed to what I deem as poor game development/progress and part of it is due to the social/mental/financial/spiritual ramifications of Covid-19. I have firmly discovered that I am extroverted and respectfully isolating myself (which I will continue doing until this pandemic subsides) has very much detrimentally affected my mental well-being which has seeped into my game interactions.

My biggest disappointment from my personal burgeoning apathy is not maintaining or regularly updating or discussing new mental health challenges within our community during this time.

• The financial strains of rampant unemployment or jeopardizing one’s safety to keep doing one’s work grind in person to meet financial obligations to care for one’s self/family.
  • The health and death ramifications from a pandemic that seems to see no immediate end in sight.
  • The social isolation leading to various toxic thoughts to constantly reverberate in one’s own head.
  • Suicide ideation that develops or festers when everything is feeling bleak and hopeless in the world with further sadness perpetually added on.

There’s a lot going on beyond frustrations in the game. I hope as I write this post, this thread is bumped up at the right time for someone in the community.

If you feel you’re struggling these days with any of the above or anything else, first let me say well done. Where you may see struggle I see survival. Thank you for surviving another day. I believe you can survive the next one…and the next one…and the one after that.
You are bigger than your adversity and your problems are smaller today than you realize, it’s just challenging to see it when you’re in the thick of it.
Your life is important.
You are loved.
Getting help is courageous and commendable not something to be shamed or ridiculed.

Community members are available to talk and direct you to resources well-equipped to navigate this season in your life.

If you are struggling, please know that you are not alone. The forum maintains a list of resources here:

Suicide Prevention & Mental/Emotional Health Crisis Resources

11 Likes