War Matchmaking Issue -- Proposed Solutions (Developer response: post 107)

this would definitely help a lot. My alliance just got matched again to an opponent that MIGHT have shuffled (half their war players suspiciously just joined 55 days ago…) this is our 3rd match against opponents much stronger than our average, and 3 of our players have decided to opt out - they don’t even care about their war chests anymore, as it’s just not fun for them. So I’m glad we have this suggestion, and hope it can be implemented soon.

1 Like

Might end up being more than 3.

I’m so frustrated by that last awful matchup that I’m not sure I want to war anymore either.

Still debating. May stay in for one more just to see if the stupid scores actually fix themselves the way they’re supposed to after a loss (after a loss, your next opponent is supposed to be weaker, not stronger)

Never been beaten that badly before. That was just a slaughter.

If that is how wars are going to be for us going forward, you can count me out as well.

1 Like

Unfortunately it’s sounding like the individual war history won’t be implemented if you’re aware of the matchmaking issues about mismatches which has blown up recently.

Supposedly it caused a lot of war mismatches, some recording over 20k war score differences. I personally suspect something else went wrong but with so many complaints coinciding with testing the new algorithm it looks like it’s a no-go.

1 Like

thanks for sharing. @TGW, it does say they are planning more tests… but that helps explain why our latest match was just so lopsided. even more than the other lopsided ones.

1 Like

Honestly, I think those guys that “only want wins” wiithout chests are lying to you (unless, of course, you are a shuffler yourself and do it for that reason).

It absolutely does not make any sense to shuffle alliances just for the sake of winning, unless it’s a group that is openly trying to sabotage the game.

If you open a new alliance every war, you go back to 1* titans, then you move on to 2-3* and back.

In wars, they will always face easy winnings against the weakest alliances…

Want to talk about boring and repetitive?

And… where they get their Ascencion Materials? only in the rare quests? It has no logic whatsoever, they are best off if they just quit the game and play CC if they just like to match tiles.

But… if you say it is so…

1 Like

I kind of suspect that we were in the “placebo” group on that last one, if you know what I mean.

1 Like

I have no words :scream:

2 Likes

Yeah, ain’t that some bull :poop:?

People keep saying either “oh it’s fair, those numbers mean nothing, maybe your team has deeper benches?”

or…

“They’re currently working on it, just wait, soon it will all be beautiful and perfect and amazing…”

or…

“Well it’s just impossible to make things perfect, especially if your alliance is XYZ, there probably aren’t many good matches so they just matched you with the closest they could find…”

Or some other such nonsense.

And yeah. I said it. Nonsense. Because that’s what it is.

Why do some people on here insist on calling it anything other than what it is?

“Ohhhhh well it’s impossible to find fair matches for you because you’re a smaller team…”

Really? This isn’t my first war, bucko. There are tens (hundreds?) of thousands of alliances in this game. I’ve had relatively fair matches in the past. Don’t tell me it’s not possible, there “aren’t enough teeemz” to find a good match. That’s bull :poop: and you know it. I know it. Everybody knows it. So why is anyone pretending otherwise?

“There are no more teams your level since you have fewer players”… really? What about our last opponent? Or the one before that? Or the one before that? Or the one before that? Or before that and before that and before that?

I’ve been playing this game for 2 years, man. I’ve been in over 100 wars across multiple alliances. Don’t tell me there aren’t enough opponents out there to find a suitable match. Even if it means my team has to face the same opponents over and over again… if we’re somewhat equal in level? I welcome the opportunity for both of us to have a chance at a rematch! Much prefer that over pairing me up against some stupidly overpowered team where my group doesn’t even stand a chance.

grumble grumble grumble

4 Likes

I don’t feel there was ever much of an issue matchmaking the top 500 alliances, so maybe they should of left these well alone and concentrated on the real issue of new alliances been formed to take easy wins.

1 Like

I’m no top 500 alliance, believe me. :laughing: Far from it. Last I checked, my alliance was ranked like 35,000th place or something. And we don’t have 30 warring members. I keep getting the excuse, “well there aren’t many alliances out there who only have X number of members opted in”.

Could’ve fooled me. Because I’ve personally faced dozens of them. In many different power ranges. From ones that my team beat fairly easily, to teams that smacked us so badly that our mothers probably felt it.

2 Likes

even when I was in a 2-person warring alliance, we would face many other 2-person warring alliances. Many of those had many opted-out members, like ours had.

And yes, the power ranges were vast too - though with only 2 on each side a small imbalance meant a big deficit/advantage.

but they are out there. I don’t think we ever faced the same opponent alliance twice in that time.

1 Like

I wish I had kept track of all of mine. I’ve been in a bunch from 1 v. 1 to 30 v. 30 and majority somewhere in between. I have actually faced the same opponent more than once, but not twice in a row. Was basically a situation where one of us won by a small margin, went on to face different opponents after that; win, lose, win, lose, etc.; a month or so later we got matched with them again.

Was all in good fun, they were fair opponents, can’t even remember whether we won or lost either fight, all I know is that both times it was a good, mostly fair fight (IIRC they had stronger defense teams but we had stronger benches).

This was long before you guys joined us though.

1 Like

@Staff_SGG

Here we go again.
White mice :mouse2: (customers, playerbase) in the Test laboratory (live Game)
And as white mice are going to die in the test lab, players will quit.

All companies dealing with their customers like this are going to get in serious trouble, loose their customers, get their products broken.

Where is the problem in telling your customers, that you are running some tests in live game? Keep the white mice alive, let them know what is going around, give them a small compensation.
I really feel insulted in being treated like a white mouse.

Now, I am also thinking about quitting the game!

FYI:

and:

I think you misunderstood me, I was not clear enough.

I was referring to an Ingame-Message reaching out to all customers (100%) playing in the war, not only the 2% reading here in the Forums.
And as you can see by the lots of new threads regarding matchmaking, even not all of those 2% are aware of the SGG statements regarding testing in live game.

Those 2% are my personal guessing, maybe it is less or even far higher, but sure not up to 10%. Everybody has the right to get informed, when they are abused for testing.

4 Likes

the answers given to the players, almost always ready, do not reflect the reality of the pairing, the 30 best heroes and troops of the players are totally unbalanced, in our specific case we have 4 players above 4k of power (1 of 4.3 2 with power 4.2 one with power 4.1) and two close to that power 3.9 and 3.8 k first teams, our opponents had 3 players of 4.5 k, 2 of 4.3 and 3 more players with 4, 2k of power, and this account does not close, most with level 20 troops, and where is the equivalence? unfortunately we need changes that make these wars more just, because the feeling we have is that we have followed a scale of victories and defeats, without having the opportunity to fight for them

1 Like

Pics say more than words :rofl: this ge s finished

You know what give all players completion of wars in pov then you can play in your system. That really doesnt make fun. Rhis is ridiculous

A ver si jugador por jugador mejora. Porque ya casi ni recuerdo cuándo mi alianza ha tenido un emparejamiento parejo. Casi siempre acabamos ganando porque la otra alianza se deja 20 tiros, si no no ganaríamos ni de casualidad. Casi siempre entre 8 o 12 mil puntos menos de poder.

@Granralf FYI English is the main language on the main forum.

English translation

Let’s see if player by player improves. Because I hardly even remember when my alliance had an even match. We almost always end up winning because the other alliance leaves 20 shots, otherwise we would not win by chance. Almost always 8-12,000 points less power.

1 Like